“Atmospheric little gem”
Review of Celler la Parra

Celler la Parra
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This Mallorcan restaurant is located in an old basement that was previously used for winemaking. Its delicious dishes and carefully chosen menu are the result of its wood-fired ovens and its rustic setting. It also offers vegetarian dishes. They can organise special menus for groups by prior reservation.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This seemed to be the only restaurant in P de P recommended in the Lonely Planet and although I often trust guide book reviews, I am always a bit worried that everyone else has chosen the same place to go. Although it was full of Brits, the staff (who were run off their feet) were patient enough to let me exercise my rusty Spanish (including a tortuous explanation of why they use the word jarra for a bottle of wine...) and not just speak to us in English for convenience. I wasn't made to feel a freak for asking for a seafood paella without any meat (although I'm convinced noone in Spain actually gets the concept of not eating meat) and they couldn't do enough for us. They had the football on, even in the kitchen (would annoy a lot of people but I loved it) and several couples had clearly been there many times before and were treated like old friends. £32 for three courses, a bottle of wine and that level of service is pretty damn good in my book.

There are newer reviews for Celler la Parra

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Booked by our friends who come here often, we were unsure of what to expect. Such a great buzzy place. Excellent friendly service, shared first dish, which was of main course proportions, kidneys in a fabulous sauce, then all main dishes were good tasty basic Spanish food. Good value on Good Friday. Another bonus a restaurant that believes it is there to serve its customers. We will go again.

1  Thank spoonerwright
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I love this place, usually go in summer but just been in feb. Food great and wine a lot cheaper than other places.Need to book in peak season.

2  Thank roisin27
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Loved the look outside so was tempted to try this restaurant. We were also tempted to try local dishes which were superb especially the much talked about suckling pig which was delightfully tender. The accompanying house wine was also delicious. The service was excellent by friendly and professional staff. What's more,we have booked a table to return with a group of friends next week. What bigger compliment can there be!

1  Thank Jean H
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We loved this restuarant as we wanted some authentic Mallorcan Food and that is what we certainly had. The Lechone (pig) was superb and my squid was just the way it should be cooked a little carmelised but very tender. This is one of the first restuarants into town so it is very convenient if you are just outside the town area on the Carreterra Palma a Puerto Pollensa.