“Cheap, but not cheerful.”
Review of Restaurant Tribeca - CLOSED

Restaurant Tribeca
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Well-priced & attractive choices on the menu, but the reality was disappointing - my risotto was undercooked though tasty, and my wife's main course could have come off the school canteen.
There was a lack of relaxed ambience, and the waitresses gave the appearance that they were struggling to cope. The place was trying to be continental, but remaining uncomfortably British.

1  Thank grufflux

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Went to Tribeca with Trip Advisor's favourable reviews ringing in our ears... took quite a while for our orders to be taken. . Getting a bit desperate as we had a long day and were famished.

Starter soup was fine, starter fish cake with a hint of cumin, if I hadn't known I'd thought I was eating an onion bhajee.
We both had sirloin steak in a pepper sauce (standard pub fare) - the steaks were very tender, but why so bland? Very lacking in taste. Oh, give me a bit of chewy steak if only to get some beefy tastiness out of it! Sauce under seasoned and lacking in peppercorns.

The place was busy and mostly British and polite. The pricing is quite reasonable I suppose ( 10 euros for every mains) but if you add on the fries and veg (which are treated as separate orders) it isn't that much different from other restaurants.

Will not be back.

2  Thank rubychard
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The only positive thing I can say is that the prices are reasonable. 5 euros for starters and 10 for mains.
The rice in the risotto starter was under cooked. Flavours ok. My pork with apple and olive stuffing could have been anything. It was dried up and tasteless and the roast potatoes burnt. Veg consisted of soggy broccoli and carrots. My husbands ravioli was not so bad but few of them in the dish and one was empty!
We had to wait 40 mins between starter and main.
The restaurant seems to be run by English ladies .....one of which could do with some customer care lessons. The place was busy....all British folk. A few didn't look too impressed. We will certainly not return. There are many far better places to eat in the Port.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on the last night of our holiday. We had passed earlier in the week and noticed it was very busy whereas other restaurants were quiet.

Can only give it full marks - food, atmosphere, service, price excellent. We ate in lots of restaurants around Pollensa, this was the best.

Well done to the owners and staff very impressed.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have been to Puerto Pollensa many time but so sorry we have only just found this restaurant.
We cannot praise it highly enough. Despite being packed, a very good sign in itself, we were served so well, not rushed in any way. This is so much nicer than having the plate taken from you before you take your last bite!!
Staff were friendly but professional and service first class.
Food was superb, we cannot praise it highly enough. We will be returning asap and telling all our friends to go there as well.

1  Thank joylaurence