Habitat Garden
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Puerto Azul Suite Hotel(Port de Pollenca)
$1,105
$143
  • Pool
Hoposa Bahia Hotel(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
$184
$313
$284
Hotel Capri(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Illa d'Or(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
$239
$120
  • Breakfast included
Hoposa Uyal Hotel(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
$114
Hobby Club Apartments(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
$111
  • Pool
Hoposa Hotel & Apartments Villaconcha(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
$92
Sis Pins(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
$128
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Where to begin!!! This is one holiday I will never forget for all the wrong reasons. Before I go on don't let this put you off Puerto Pollensa as it is a fabulous resort for a family holiday and one I have been to several times and enjoyed immensely.
I booked the Garden Habitat after being misled on a website which had pictures of the Habitat Apartments. I was expecting some issues after reading other people's experiences and boy did I get them.
There are 3 hotels in this area, the Habitat, The Duva and the Garden Habitat. I was told at one time all 3 were owned by the same company but the Garden Habitat (as it is now) was sold on to the Garden Hotel chain which has several Balearic Hotels. This Garden Habitat has no connection with the other 2 properties but as I mentioned travel companies are still selling the Garden habitat using pictures of the Habitat (I hope you are still following). I don't want to name the travel agent I booked it through as I am in the process of trying to get some compensation but they booked the room through Hotels4U, and I know of some other people who were there at the same time who had also booked it through them.
When we arrived at the Garden Habitat we went to the office which doubles as the reception and were met by a very rude and unhelpful lady who showed us to our very tatty room. There is nothing more at the Garden Habitat, no bar, no restaurant, no shop and the reception only opens during office hours and closes early on a Wednesday. The fridge was rusty and leaking and the bathroom was somewhat fragrant (and I don't mean that in a good way). Also the back bedroom light was not working which was a blow as it had no natural light. The only positive was the air con which in August was needed. The bedrooms were ok but nothing special. When I looked at the pool area from my balcony it looked nothing like the pictures that had been used to advertise the property when I booked. I also noticed the depth of the pool was too deep for my 7/6 yr olds. I immediatley rang my travel agent and got her to confirm that the pictures on their website did not match what I was seeing from my balcony but she was unable to get me into any other accomodation. We were told by the receptionist that we were not allowed to use the Habitat pools as they were not part of the same chain of hotels. We decided that we had no choice but to use the Habitat's pool regardless, which we felt guilty about and has to be said we felt a little uneasy doing so.
We used the Habitat's pool which the kids enjoyed and it seemed to be a nice enough place and went to the Duva for the evening entertainment which had a kids disco on and other entertainment which we all enjoyed.
On the fourth day I discovered that we had had nearly £400 pounds taken from our suitcase even though there was no sign of forced entry. We did have a safety deposit box in the room but since we were not offered one when we arrived we wrongly assumed that like most of the apartment block it was not working. My partner was obviously distraut and when she reported it to the lady in reception she was met by a shrug of the shoulders even when we informed that someone must have used a key. She did say that she had reported it to the police but we had to go to the police station in Pollenca town (about 4 miles away) rather than the one in Puerto Pollenca, which we went to as I had just hired a car, only to be told that he had no idea why we had gone there and should report it in Puerto Pollensa. To cut a long story short we gave up trying to file a report as our insurance would not have paid as we had a safe.
We were still uncomfortable with the fact that someone had used a key to enter our room as the door and patio were both locked whenever we went out and we were on the second floor!! The only people who had been in were the cleaners and the man who replaced the blown bulb.
We decided to make the best of the rest of our time and did have a good time. (The kids enjoyed the Alcudia Water Park and also I had booked a trip to see Pirates in Magaluf which I have to see was out of this world and would recommend this).
A colleague from work had also booked the same apartments (unknown to each other) and he ran into the same problem as many others when arriving outside office hours and finding no way of getting into his room. He went to the Duva reception and even though they are not part of the same hotel group the receptionist gave him the code to the small black box on the side of the reception at the Garden habitat so he could retrieve his key. He told my friend that this happened all the time (no idea why he would have the code!!!). About 4 days from the end of the holiday, and after my friend had returned home, I was sat on my balcony about 2330 and saw a lady with 3 children and her mother arrive, again unable to get into her apartment. She was obviously very upset and I went down and helped her get her key after going to the Duva reception. I helped her with her cases to her room and the first comment I heard was that the back bedroom light wasn't working. I informed her that the same had happened to me and it wasn't until later did this coincidence start to concern me. The same room which had no natural light not working on the first day of someones holiday. We certainly did start to get suspicious about this and why we were not offered a safe key when we first arrived as is easy money for the hotel. Only when we got back home did I speak to my friend who unbelievably said the exact same things had happened to him, not offered a safe key and his back bedroom light not working. He said he was in when the repair guy sorted his light unlike ourselves. Maybe I am reading too much into this but it is one hell of a coincidence and one I would not have found out about but for an exceptional set of circumstances. We have since written to Garden Hotels asking if is their company policy to offer a safe key on arrival but as yet we still haven't received a reply.
I hope this has been of some use to people thinking of travelling to these apartments as I would not want people to go through the same experiences. I would recommend Puerto Pollensa but would advise you give the Garden Habitat an extremely wide berth and if you are thinking of booking the Habitat please ensure you are going there and not being conned and put somewhere you did not book.

7  Thank JHYorky
Reviewed August 28, 2009

First of all let me start off by saying i paid £2700 including Transfers for a family of 2 Adults and 3 Teenagers for this 11 night break (this point is very relevant to my review)

We were dropped off at the Habitat appartments at about 11.30am only to be told by the receptionist that we were at the wrong place and that our appartments were 100metres further down the road. We walked with suit cases to the reception which was basically a store room with a desk and a laptop, we received our key and entered the appartment. First impressions were not good, the facilities were very basic with varying items either missing or not working and an over powering stale smell. We asked to be moved as we were not happy with the appartment we were allocated. After some debate and manoevering we were allocated another appartment. This one was marginally better but definately not 3 star. The only plus point was the appartment did come with air conditioning.

A walk around the gardens and swimming pool area brought more dissapointment, the gardens were poorly maintained and although the pool was a good size the water was cloudy and the area around it lacked cleanliness. Four days into our holiday however the pool did received some maintenance and the water quality improved considerably. A few days after that the gardens also received some maintenance but only after a number of complaints.

The general room service which was supposed to be 5 times weekly seemed hit and miss at best, and was definately not what you would expect from a 3 star service, for example our appartment was only mopped out once during our 11 night stay and the bathroom only cleaned twice. In fact had a mop and bucket been available in the appartment i would have been inclined to do it myself. Clean towels and sheets were provided but again this was very hit and miss and twice i had to ask for the service. The last 3 days of our stay the kitchen area was invaded by an army of ants which seemed to be a theme with other appartments as well.

The appartments are situated in a quiet residential area about 1km from the port of Pollenca and the beach, this is something to consider especially if travelling with small children, we were ok as our children are all teenagers. There is a local bus service and taxis available at a reasonable rate, we got this info from the Habitat appartments reception up the road, they were very helpful and in fact encouraged us to use there facilities whenever we wanted.

The Port of Pollenca was the highlight of the holiday, What a beautiful place! The beach is fantastic with all the usuall amenities, banana boat rides, donut rides, paracending, windsurfing, boat trips, yacht hire, sunbed and parasol hire(11euro all day)

Eating out was a delight with so many restaurants to choose from all within the same area, some on the main beach front promenade check out (Little Italy) best pittza in the port, and the square just behind the main promenade(great atmosphere) ideal for familys with small children. Take the time to walk all the way along the promenade past all the restaurants there are some beautiful grande beach front properties which almost feel collonial very impressive!

If your into night clubs and rowdy bars this is not the place for you, but if your a family with small children or young teenagers or even a romantic couple of any age you won't go wrong by coming to Peurto Pollenca.

We hired a car for 3 days and visited a few places, Formentor and the lighthouse is well worth a visit, immpresive views, The drive through the mountains to Deja and Soller and then down to the Port of Soller is breath taking but not for the faint hearted, take a ride on the old wooden tram at Soller its a must. Alcudia is like Blackpool if you like that sort of thing, but it's not for me, i much prefer Cala Bona or Cala St vincente very pretty.

You will notice a constant 3 star theme being mentioned throughout my review, so although we enjoyed the experience of Peurto Pollenca and the island of Mallorca, we most definately did not enjoy the experience of the Habitat Garden appartments. The british mentality of make the most of a bad situation kicked in to a degree, but this is not an appartment facility i will be using again, nor would encourage anybody else to either.

" Basic! and Certainly not 3 Star"

4  Thank villabrummie
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Dirty, damp, Rude staff, dead gardens and not as per the photos shown by TravelRepublic which showed Habitat Apartments which were down the road.

This place was re-opened in August to accomadate last minute bookings, only the British would except these conditions - never again.

Reviewed August 16, 2009

We were dropped off the coach at what we thought were our apartments at the Habitat only to be advised by reception that we were not booked there but at the apartments by the same name down the road. Reception took some time to find only for it to be closed but eventually the maintenance man arrived and showed us to our room. Fairly spacious for four adults but rusted fridge, dirty laundry area, worn out kitchen, kettle that was unusable due to rust and view and noise from the Duva hotel opposite. Pool area a disgrace - needed cleaning more regularly, grass cutting and general tidying up. No bar on site and reception only open between 9 am and 5 pm (if you're lucky) with staff on duty speaking very limited English.
If you have booked these apartments - cancel to avoid disappointment!

1  Thank Joblog
Reviewed August 14, 2009

When we got to reception we were told we weren't staying there, that we were down the road, in a different block of apartments. the rooms were good, quite basic, except the fridge was in a state, covered in rust. the pool wasnt clean, and the gardens were not looked after, the grass was dead and there were tall weeds everywhere. sunbeds weren't comfortable. the area was very expensive. apart from the pool, there were no facilities, or bars, and we had a view of the road and hotel opposite. on the website it shows the habitat apartments, which we believed we were staying in(they looked very nice), but weren't. also, we got there at midnight and the garden apartments reception was only open 10 am - 3 pm, so it was a lot of hassle. puerta pollensa was quite and nice area, lots of mountains and the sea, except we had to get a bus into the town and port as one of the family had a broken ankle, and it was far too far to walk- about 20 minutes! overall the holiday was not bad, but i wouldnt go there again.