“Un Planned”

Rege Hotel
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Un Planned”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our night at the Rege was unplanned: the Darwin Air flight from Milano Malpense to Cambridge was cancelled at the last moment and we were whisked across to the Rege for a flight from Milano Linate early the next morning. We arrived in the dark and departed in the dark, making the place doubly anonymous and rather mysterious.

Inside the Rege has a somewhat dated and old fashioned feel, but the welcome was friendly and helpful enough. Dinner in the semi deserted dining room was surprisingly good. Our room was spacious and comfortable and little disturbed by the traffic outside.

This would not be good hotel to choose for a leisure visit to Milan, being too far from the city centre, but is reasonably proximate to Linate.

One minor grouse: I know we had to leave very early, but it would have been nice to have a reviving pre-dawn cup of coffee.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brian_Human

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed in the Rege in late October 2013 whilst on business, checking in was pleasant enough, the hotel was a bit dated but nothing I couldn't put up with for 2 nights.
When I reached my room I accepted the blue formica covered cupboards and the beds with the old 70's bed spreads and itchy brown blankets, as just an age thing and noted that the room was fairly clean. But it was unbearably hot and stuffy, I played with the aircon for a while before I contacted reception and they told me it was controlled from downstairs and that they would restart it.
I decided to get a bit of work done, unfortunately, although the wifi as free, it was unbearably slow. Again I call reception and again they said they would restart something.
The aircon situation didn't improve so I had the window open and the noise from the motorway a few meters away was drowning out the volume limited television.
The wifi didn't improve either and I was unable to work.
I went to reception about the aircon, I was red from the stuffy room, and eventually a scruffy and very uninterested man came and looked at the controller, but nothing was resolved. He literally just looked at it.
I spent the night concerned I hadn't completed my work, kept awake by the motorway noise and the mosquito's that came in the window and bit me about 10 times (I am still scratching now). I had a maximum of 3 hours sleep.
Breakfast was very basic, nothing was particularly fresh, but it was okay for a cup of tea and a roll. No hot food.
All in all my advice, don't stay at the Rege, pay the 20 euro extra and head to the Crowne Plaza, I had a great second night there, it would have been better if I wasn't still suffering from my mosquito bites !

Room Tip: Check the aircon is working !!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BusinessTraveller379

Travelers are raving about these San Donato Milanese hotels

England
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Although advertised as an airport hotel, it is still a €20 euro taxi ride from the terminals, as there isn't a shuttle bus.
A dated hotel situated in a business district close to the airport, so no where local to eat, except the hotel restaurant which was closed as it was a Saturday!
The rooms and public area decor was dark and drab. The room was clean but basic in its furnishings, with insufficient lighting to read comfortably.
For the price I am sure there are far better places to stay near to Linate airport.
The staff were helpful, perhaps the best part of he stay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Nice and clean room, very good service! Out of the city noise.close to freeway.
Breakfast needs a better coffee..
The room is good size and clean . big and comfortable bathroom. Very quick wifi in the room.
It was nice to get out of the city and see some green ....
We will come back next time !

Room Tip: We were on 6 floor -no noise, fresh air, nice green country view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank amira l
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at the Rege for five nights during early April 2013. After reading through some of the reviews I was not sure what I was in for but ended up pleasantly surprised. I was on a business trip and our office is within walking distance of the hotel so it's really the only choice. But, after staying there, I really wonder about some of the reviews. While the rooms are smaller than those you will generally find in the US, my room was perfectly adequate and clean - they provide a towel warmer in the bathroom. My only real complaint was that the internet service was sketchy but this to me was not a big deal. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful; two examples - a driver picked me up at Malpensa airport and drove me to the hotel and was supposed to accept credit cards but did not have the machine and I did not yet have sufficient Euros to pay him so the concierge paid him on my behalf and kept the receipt until I could get cash to pay him back and then on departure, I was scheduled to leave before the restaurant opened for breakfast but one of the waiters showed up while I was waiting and opened the kitchen early to get me orange juice and a roll. We ate at the hotel four nights and had very good meals each night. They have professional wait staff and I thought they did a great job whether recommending meals or wine. The hotel is in an industrial district but there are a few other places around if you are willing to walk. As mentioned elsewhere the metro is nearby but a pretty good walk - it is easy to navigate though. I will be returning to the Rege for another business trip in June. So, all in all, I thought it was a pretty decent place to stay.

Room Tip: See other discussions on rooms. I was on second floor facing the parking lot at the end of the hall...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

im really really dissapointed....not only is the hotel really old, the staff really incompetent and unfriendly, but the restaurant ...its overprieced (a green salad with 2 tomato pieces and 2 slices of mozarella for 7 euro, a pasta which was digusting! and a waiter who is really unpolite. please DO NOT come here its aweful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago during my last business trip to Milan. The hotel is close to Linate airport (10-15 minutes) and easy to access. The hotel looks quiet old, but it is actually very clean and comfortable enough for a few nights. The staff was very nice. The only downside is that the Hotel is in the middle of an industrial area, so nothing to do around, safe for a gas station and a McDonald... But the Metro station is 15 minute walk and you can even use the hotel shuttle to get there. All the nice places in Milan are easy to access via Metro.
This hotel is a good balance between convenient and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
#3 of 6 in San Donato Milanese
Montini Hotel
Montini Hotel
#3 of 6 in Peschiera Borromeo

Been to Rege Hotel? Share your experiences!