“not the way it once was”

Ristorante Osterietta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I returned back after years to find a place more orientated in volumes rather than qualities.
I would regard this as a "trattoria" rather than a restaurant.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

When I lived in Milan I use to go very often to Osterietta and I have always had excellent food and great courtesy and warmth from Roberto and his highly skilled staff. Now I live in London but every time my job takes me to Milan I always find the time to go back and have a nice chat with Roberto who always provides good advise for the best food and wine.
During easter break I was in Milan with my family and decided to go and eat at Osterietta..
The kids were spoiled by everybody and got basically what they wanted to eat regardless if it was or not on the menu, my wife and I had the re-known raw fish starter followed by a superlative paccheri ai frutti di mare. Since that week both kids were having their birthdays, Roberto invented a cake for both with their names written and a little candle, what a touch!
Osterietta is very well known for being a high class restaurant for business lunch and dinners but in our case it also showed to be very good for families too.
Maurizio
mzotti@slb.com

1  Thank Maurizio Z
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good choice for dinner if staying nearby at the Crowne Plaza.....but you may be lucky to get a table as it always seems very busy!! Booking in advance recommended if you are in a group.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Have a dinner with 3 personnel in my company.

It was really good experience to have a dinner here

No need to explain just look the picture

Especially mediterranean style anglerfish was quite impressed

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favor restaurant in San Donato. The food is fresh, it is well presented and really good. The wine selection is very good. The service is above the average, you never wait too long. I couldn't leave Dan Donato without eating at l'osterietta.

1  Thank Gio_SlowFood