“THE WONDERFUL AURORA” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Aurora

Villa Aurora
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, United Kingdom
“THE WONDERFUL AURORA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have just returned from Soiano del Lago and my friend and I visited this lovely ristorante,on the 2nd of July the setting and gardens are beautiful we started with stuffed zucchini flowers in a delicious sauce, followed by a fine homemade pasta with vegetables grated in it , we then had lamb cutlets baked in a salt crust, they were cooked to perfection, we then had a sweet. the whole meal was outstanding the service was excellant the staff particularly attentive. we enjoyed our meal so much we went there again on the 7th this time my main was Lakefish gorgeous ! pure white fish with a topping of tiny croutons Tomatos Capers and Olives. All I can say is if you stay in this area make a point of eating here you will not be dissappointed.
Amelia H

• Visited July 2013

County Durham, United Kingdom
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

What more can I add to the review I posted in 2010.

We ate here last week (17 June 2013). From entering the restaurant terrace seating area to departing, we recognised that the high standards of food, drinks, service and surroundings had not altered one bit. The gardens and the flower beds are as immaculate as our host and owner.

For our starters my wife chose Courgette flowers stuffed with saffroned sea bass, while my juices started flowing with Seafood Soup with bruschetta.

This course was followed by my Ravioli of duck flavoured with Thyme and my wife’s Gnocchetti with meat sauce of guinea fowl with ricotta.

Then, Slice of fish alla mediterranean and Guinea fowl with braised vegetables.

We ended the meal with delicious desserts.

The bill came to €90 including aperitif, 2 glasses of wine and 2 bottles of water.

I think that of all of the restaurants in which we dined during our holiday (and there were some excellent restaurants), Ristorante Villa Aurora shaded it for the best all round eating experience.

• Visited June 2013
Milan
“Great fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Fish dishes are well cooked and served with vegetables, good selection of wines, service is over the average. We had dinner at Villa Aurora, prices are in range with served foods.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Jimmyghione1981
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

First night in Soiana del Lago, went to this restaurant on back of reports read here. Unfortunately service was very poor, head waiter looked very irritated with us from the start & equally frustrated when he had to help us translate the menu. I asked for my steak to be well-done & it turned up medium at best, my husband's turned up with no potatoes for either of us. His meal was cool by the time mine was returned & potatoes arrived with it. No compensatory discount offered, which surprised me considering the standard of restaurant & our first night somewhat ruined by the experience. Won't be returning.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bazpolycarp
County Durham, United Kingdom
“I adora The Aurora”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

My wife and I have been holidaying at Soiano del Lago for the past 14 years and with every holiday we dine at Restaurante Villa Aurora at least once.
The high standards of food and service never falter. The prices are very reasonable given the quality of the food, wine and service.
We are planning our next meal there in June 2010. Our flights are already booked.
I’m no way connected the restaurant management . I'm just a Northern lad offering his honest opinion.

I hope this review proves helpful to future readers and Diners.