Brisas Covarrubias Hotel
Hotel Brisas Santa Lucia(Playa Santa Lucia)
$100
Brisas Santa Lucia(Playa Santa Lucia)
$79
TripAdvisor
$102
$98
  • Breakfast included
Club Amigo Mayanabo(Playa Santa Lucia)
$74
Hotel Pernik(Holguin)
$62
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Las Tunas(Las Tunas)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,178 results
All reviewsthe busbrisas covarrubiaspuerto padrebeach barfishocean viewa la cartefrieschickenhot watersandwicheswhite sandother resortsbug spraylobster dinnergreat beachsmall resort
Reviewed October 23, 2012

First of all, this hotel is in the middle of nowhere. Worse, besides the hotel there's a swamp with thousands of crabs and mosquitos. Imagine at night. But the beach and the staff were great. Do not swim in the pool..... Go to visit the town of Puerto Padre...Impressive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank SergioMoraes
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The 2 and half bus ride to get there is like a great bus tour to discover the surroundings.
The place is beautifull, the beach has a savage feel. Great for scuba diving. It was amasingly quiet and by the night the disco ( far away from bedrooms) was opened for us even if most of the time we where only 10 crazy dancers wanting to have fun anyways.
We went there at the end of may, and we got surprise to be a small groupe of 46 people, for an hotel that can support 600...
So we felt like we where in our private beach house with guest...total blast!

Food: Don't expect planty of choices-3 stars- (and i say that for that odd breed of traverlers who just want the same food they have at home!)
There is only one restaurant buffet and i found the meals to be good. Pork meat is just delicious an grilled fish super fresh.
The snaks are basically ham and cheese sandwiches...
For breakfast you have someone that cooks your eggs the way you want. Yogourt, fresh fruits etc...
The only downfall was the obvious expectation of tips of some of the staff, but not all of them...
And a feeling of blazed employees.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
13  Thank spootnik 0
Reviewed October 4, 2012

As a cuban american that went to Cuba for the first time in May 2012, I must say my visit to Covarrubias as excellent. The place is beautiful, the food is great but must of all the pleople that work there are the best....Buen trabajo muchachos.....Im planning to go back to Cuba in Feb 2013 and for sure Covarrubias is part of my trip....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank maribel r
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went to Covarrubias in Jan 2007. Travelled with 2 children, 9 years old and 8 month old. Dunia from the kids club was excellent. The beach was the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. The staff were great. The rooms were huge. The only downfall was the 2 and a half bus ride. Covarrubias was far from everything , almost like a deserted island. Will definetely go back one day.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank helena c
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I won't write a big review about the hotel... since I've been there many times and have adopted this place as THE place for us to go. I cannot be too objective either ... mostly because ... being completely fluent in Spanish and having personal friends at Brisas (with whom we often have supper at their place at Puerto Padre), I see Brisas in another context.

This review is adressed to the "complainers" and the ones that criticise without knowledge / without data.
Point by point ... here it goes.

1) NO WATER. Yes ... it happened to us many times ... sometimes for 24 hours ... stuck with suntan lotion and salted water on our skins. Brisas has a desalination system. The pump comes from Italy and they had mechanical problems. In order for the warranty on the pump to be valid ... an Italian employee was supposed to come and fix it and nobody else. HELLO ITALY. Cubans can't buy anything from their biggest neighbour ... there is 60 year old embargo from the good ol' Americans ... learn your history. So they have to deal with European countries or South American neighbours. In the meantime, they had to carry water with a cistern from Puerto Padre. Long drive especially when the road was still being repaired (it is now completely finished). You are VERY far away from everthing ... thus .. that's how you get the peace and quiet and VIRGIN beaches ... just walk east or west 1km and you're in deserted beaches ... something rare on our planet. You want a guarantee for water ... then go to one of the 65 hotels in Varadero. Or better yet ... go to the Sandals in Nassau, Bahamas ... almost $7,800 for one week. They always have water.

2) NO ELECTRICITY ... it happens and usually not for long. Remember ... to get an electrician to fix it he has to come from Puerto Padre or worse...Holguin. And they don't have cars. They use public transportation ... have you ever tried it? I did ... I've travelled with them taking the 16h00 or 16h30 staff bus into town with our friends. And the staff even stood up to let me sit ... ladies who've been cleaning your toilet bowls all day long. I don't remember ever having my car break down, towed within 5 minutes and repaired within 1 hour ... and I live in Montreal. You're in Cuba, be patient and understanding ... don't expect miracles.

3) FOOD ... I'll pass that one. I always found something to eat and never went hungry. You want good food ... then go to Capri in Italy ... the food is fantastic ... I should hope so ... at €175 ... dinner for two. The black female cook (I forgot her name ..sorry)... I didn't complain to her that the eggs tasted nothing. I showed her how to enhance her omellete (in Spanish of course). Told her to get some chopped onions, chopped sausages ...you know ... the Hygrade ones, some red & green bell peppers and ham if they had some ... and oh yes ... some grated cheese ...whatever they can get from the kitchen. Put some salt & pepper and parsley ... well the next day she had all those ingredients and people were lining up for breakfast. I showed her a few words in english ... over easy, sunnyside up, scrambled. STOP COMPLAINING PEOPLE ... help them ...they do WANT to serve you with a smile. And 1 peso for tip will not make you go broke. $1 doesn't even buy anything at our Dollar Stores anymore ... so be a little generous with them

4) MOSQUITOS ... it's like visiting Toronto in July and complaining about the smog. There is a season for mosquitos which starts at the raining season and lasts about 2 months ... but only during certain times of the day. It's part of going down to the tropics. I guess many of you don't go up north during May/June/July in Canada. DEET is the product. Thank God nobody complains about the sun or the heat.

5) SERVICE ... well ... you're in Cuba which is a socialist country. Cubans get paid in pesos ... not CUCS. They average out about 300-420 pesos a month (translated ... 12 to 16 CUCS) per month. Most food is rationed and scarce. What they see you eat, they barely get 1/10th for their food. When you leave lots of food on your plate and they have to throw it away ... that can be a little frustrating. They don't speak English or French ... why should they ... you're in Cuba, Spanish is the official language. They do make an effort to try and learn a little Englsih ... ALL of them. We are well loved by all of the staff. We interact with them as much as possible ... and that's what they love ... human contact. In return, we always get treated as royalty. Do you make an effort to speak Spanish? Did you bring along a little Spanish Phrase book with you? Don't expect when you're in Cuba ... appreciate. Change your attitude. Look at the price of your package ... see how fare you can go with that at other Caribbeans resort.

MISC ... when I hear complaints about VEGANS hating the food in Cuba, Parents with 3 month old babies complaining about lack of facilities, too many people lining up at the restaurant during March spring break, nights being cold during Xmas holidays ... I can only tell these people ... JUST STAY HOME and look at your own country.

Anybody else who would like to see the 4 powerpoints I did of THIS resort ... just let me know and I'll gladly email them to you.

Si el paraíso existe en este planeta, Covarrubais Brisas estaría en la lista de los diez mejores.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
80  Thank PietroRaffaeleMtl
CovaManagement, Director of Sales at Brisas Covarrubias Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank so much for writing such positive comments on Trip Advisor about our resort which are really well appreciated. We are so happy to know about your loyalty to us.

On behalf of your Cuban friends at Cova we thank you very much and wish you all the best.

Hope to see you back again soon.

Kenia Rosa Vence Alvarez