You may not want to put these comments on your “Reviews” page.
After having booked for a table for four on Friday 29th November 2013, for Friday 6th December 2013 we went to the restaurant on that day to be told, sorry no booking had been arranged.
We can accommodate the booking though on the patio. No major incident.
1. Lipstick on a glass was served, this was apologised for and served in a new glass.
2. New glass had a major chip on the lip. Again this was apologised for, and the contents of the glass duly tipped into a new glass.
Where was the chip? Who knows, probably in the new glass.
3. Then we are asked to move to another table to make room for a table of 6. This never materialised and we were not informed about it, until we questioned the waitress/ owner.
4. On an order of water, there was no offer of ice or lemon, that is a basic requisite surely.
5. The wine was delivered in a leaking wine cooler, and no one came to the table to offer refills, again that is a basic requisite surely.
6. We were told to order quickly to avoid waiting too long for “Service”. Which turned out to be 50 minutes anyway.
7. The waitress / owner was dressed in a sleeveless “T” shirt, hygiene at its paramount.
8. Any offer of “Can we apologise with ????????”. No nothing.
Generally this was an extremely disappointing visit to a restaurant with previous good reviews.
I do not accept the excuses of “We’ve had a busy day and have been overrun with customers”
If you can only accommodate a certain number of customers, comfortably, then stick to that number.
Sloppy service versus income can soon backfire on a restaurant.
Please do not offer the olive branch of please come back, we will attempt to rectify the issues, because it will be declined.
Our next visit will be totally incognito.
I should add the food was extremely good and no complaint could be directed there.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.