Great location for both summer and winther acitivities. Close to several large food shops, Hunderfossen etc. The communal areas in the hotel, are nicely appointed, slate floors etc. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The hotel has a pool, gym room, playroom for the children, spotlessly clean everywhere. The food was good, and the buffet had more than enough to choose from. Only one fault with this hotel: The room. Firstly, if you are facing the road, the traffic noice makes sleeping with an open window impossible (of course not an issue during the winther). If your room is facing the other way, the sun comes in really early and the curtains provide little help. Further, the room had carpeted floor, and the wallpaper was torn from the walls a couple of places. Sliding door separated the bathroom from the room itself. Unfortunately, it did not slide far enough to close the door properly. In addition, the sliding door (and the unclosable gap), was right in front of the door to the hallway. Open hallwaydoor, mum in front of the mirror (dressed fortunately!), suddenly realising passers in the hallway might see everything going on in the bathroom. The standard rooms are fairly average in size, but when they add extra beds it becomes realy cramped. No space for luggage. Assuming they do not do this during the winthertime when guests have skiing equipement etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meetingpoint Hafjell Hotel & Resort is located at Hafjell Alpine Center and 3 km from Hunderfossen Troll Park, one of Norways most popular tourist attractions. The hotel also offer relax, a restaurant and conference facilities. Meetingpoint Hafjell Hotel & Resort is a charming skihotel 2 hours from Oslo and only 700 meters from one of the largest skiresorts in Norway, Hafjell. After a long day skiing the hotel offers a relaxed atmosphere with an inviting restaurant, pool and sauna.The area around Hafjell and Oyer offers a wide range of activities both in summer and winter. In the summer the mountains are good for climbing, canyoning, cyckling, and walks. Hafjell Bikepark is a popular offer for those who like a challenge on two wheels.In Gudbrandsdalslågen you can challenge the rapids rafting on enjoy the quiet nature in a canoe. In addition there are bob-courses and ce-skatig near by. Here there are exciting activities for everyone, no matter the season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Hafjell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel And Resort Hafjell
- Quality Hotel Hafjell
- Scandic Hafjell Norway/Oppland