“The best food to be found is here”

Meetingpoint Hafjell Hotel & Resort
Halle (Saale), Germany
“The best food to be found is here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I don't know who the chef is but he alone is Michelin quality. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Only drawback is that some of the rooms are a bit worn (I've stayed here 30+ nights due to business so I have tried many different rooms). It could benefit from a renovation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Royken, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Having been at this resort several times during 2006-2008, it was pretty beat up then, well the room are and we were told at that time they were going to renovate, but here it is 2013 and it never was touched. In fact, the first room I refused because it was old, dirty and no way were we sleeping in a room that smelled like a wet dog. So I had to ask for something else and had to pay quite a bit more, but even that room had dirty carpet, broken lamps, etc. But we were anxious to ski and it was Easter weekend.

I can tell you that the restaurant was fabulous. Even with the Easter crowd, the service was great, the food terrific and the atmosphere was relaxing.

It is a walk to the ski resort or as we did... Drove to it. After skiing all day I ask not up to a very long walk back, but thats OK. We love the slopes at Hafjell and will always be going back... But we truly hope they renovate this time.

Room Tip: As for a junior suite...its just a bit larger room, not really a suite and ask if the have renovated...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Oyer Municipality hotels

Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have been here three times now, always for an international meeting. And always liked it very much, the staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms are cosy and quiet, the breakfast buffet is tasty and with lots of choice. The scenery is also very nice, wish I had time to go skiing there as well. The connections to Gardermoen, the Oslo airport are also quite convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Exceeded all expectations. Knew it would be good but it was great. Room was small but comfy and we were only in it to sleep. We were there to ski and there is not a lot to do in Hafjell.(beg. of March) The only real restaurant open every night for dinner was in this hotel...and it was EXCELLENT as was breakfast. One issue though is that it has a limited menu so if you are there for a few days you better search for another place to eat or like everything on this menu. We rode the free shuttle bus to the slopes in fact it picked us up when we got off the train from Olso at the Hunderfossen Hotel - which was 5 minutes away. The shuttle driver was a wonderful character named "J." who has a fantastic diner called the Cadillac Diner, search youtube for Cadillac diner tretten. Took the city bus to Lillehammer, 20 minutes away - cute city and the Olympic Village area is only open on the weekends. Rented our skis from SKIBUA across the street from the shuttle drop off - awesome family run business - much better prices. Be prepared to sacrifice a lung.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Have stayed several times at Quality and this has been a positive experience every time. When I seereviews saying the fitness is worn and torn, it says more about the poster. Or it could be posted by a envoius competitor. I used this gym last week and it still smells new. Incredibly well equipped to be in a hotel. Spoke with staff and they informed that this gym was reopened this year. The swimming pool was not verybig but nice. And its been a long time since we've eaten such good food in a hotel. The service was just great. We sat for hours in a great bar with a pianist who played incredible music that got us in a good mood. Saturday we were in the slopes where there was great skiing. Never queue for the lifts although there were many people around.
So I can highly recommend both the hotel and the surroundings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Me and my family spent 6 days here for our winter holiday. this is our second trip to this hotel for the two last years. perfect location, excellent breakfast ( they made fresh omelet by order) You could make your own waffels during breakfast ( the girls loved this :-).
it was lovely to relax in the sauna, after a long day skiing in the perfect made slopes of Hafjell.
service in the restaurant was good, and I got my upgrade to next room level on my Nordic Choice Card when we checked in. the bar, restaurant, reception area, swimming pool looked fresh and nice. They have a new training room with all the gear you could wish for your training.
the rooms ( we had two rooms) could need a little makeover, but clean and tidy.
we are gooing back for our easter Holiday, so this hotel I will recomend to all my friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Haugesund
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have stayed at Quality Hotel & Resort Hafjell on several occasions during 2012. I have always been met by really friendly staff, and a warm atmosphere. The main areas of lobby, bar and restaurant has newly been refurbished and it looks amazing. I especially like how they have made the local ski slopes and local forest a part of their design with pictures and posters. I have not tried the dinner buffet; but it looked really nice with plenty of fresh vegetables on display and a nice variety. I have tried the a la carte restaurant though, and the trout I can definitely recommend! The chocolate dessert was amazing. On the other hand though, they had me excited at the prospect of chocolate and dessert in one word!! The breakfast buffet was fantastic with plenty of fresh fruit and even a chef on standby preparing your own choice of omelet. I peeked inside the gymnasium and the area of the swimming pool. Did not try it out, but I am sure a more active person than myself can tell you more about it. Looked good though! What I can tell you is that the bar was very nice, with a big screen tv and an inhouse piano player. Good atmosphere, and when I asked for one of my favourite drinks, the bartender actually knew how to make it (a drink not very well known in Norway, and usually I have to explain how to make it). The rooms might be in need of an upgrade; but they are still nice. The beds are comfortable, I spent at least an hour in the bathtub; and most importantly: It was clean. Something which is a lot more important to me than design. One of my visits was during the summer, and I can see how this would be the perfect place to come for a visit with your kids. Playrooms, computer games, disco and staff providing kids’ activities. I was sitting outside on a small patio at the back of the hotel when a small girl came running out screaming that she had pinched the director’s butt. Apparently that was a rule that everyone had to do. Make sure you take the time to do that. Having no kids myself, I had to borrow one to have a good excuse to play airhockey. A little embarrassing that the eight year old kicked my butt though.What I really enjoyed was the no matter where I waslked and which one of the staff I met, they all smiled and said good morning/hello/etc. This really makes one feel noticed. Really looking forward to my next stay there. Would love to get a chance to do that before the snow goes so that my skis and I can get a shot at the fab slopes in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Lillehammer Hotel
Lillehammer Hotel
#2 of 8 in Lillehammer
Clarion Collection Hotel Hammer

Been to Meetingpoint Hafjell Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!