“The Perfect Place to Stay on Crete”

Arodamos Apartments and Studios
Austin, Texas, United States
“The Perfect Place to Stay on Crete”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Elina & George were amazing hosts - we absolutely recommend staying with them. Their B&B is very lovely and inviting, providing us with local honey, white wine, raki, and George's own organic olive oil. They could not have been more kind and accommodating - going well out of their way to help us in sending gifts back home and tracking down a lost cell phone (long story).

Their location is perfectly situated for trips to Elafonisi, Balos Lagoon, Samaria Gorge, Falasarna, and even a small beach right in Kissamos directly across the street. They offer tickets for the Balos Lagoon cruise at a reduced rate as well as Samaria Gorge. Their restaurant recommendations were perfect - showing you some non-touristy authentic Greek places to dine. The wifi was one of the fastest places we stayed on our trip through Europe.

If you're looking for a place to stay on Crete that is close to some of the best sights, you must stay with Elina & George!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JoshuaNaylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
Dease Lake, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed in the apartment at Elina's for 5 days and found it very comfortable, clean, and convenient. The weather was poor (it was February) so we did not make use of the courtyard and garden but both would be great places to relax in good weather. Elina and George were wonderful hosts. They offered good suggestions for places to see and eat and their gifts of food and drink were appreciated. I would highly recommend their place to anyone and would stay there again on another trip.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Florence, Italy
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our holiday in Elina and George's house was great!!!
The apartment (100 mt from the beach!) was very clean, everything is new and beds are very comfortable. The location is very strategic to visit all the northwestern part of Crete.
Elina and George are very kind persons and they were really helpful to indicate nice and good cretan restaurants to eat and places to visit. They gave us very good indications to rent the car and they helped us immediately when we had problems withdrawing money from ATM.
They also gave us as gift their olive oil, wine, raki and honey!!!
A really nice experience, I think we'll be back.
Thanks for everything!
Antonella e Luciano (26/5 - 2/6/2013)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ANTONELLA P
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Everything was perfect - communication, arrival & departure, conditions, mouthwatering"welcome pack".Elina and George are very friendly and helpful hosts so I'd recommend them without any doubt to everyone. Apartment is located just a 5-10 minutes walk from city centre and 1 minute from the beach. It's also perfect as a base for further journeys - Balos, Elaifonissi etc. If it wasn't for already schedulled plan to discover also the eastern part of Crete, we would have definitely extended our stay at their place. All the best to all three of you! Greg

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bierek
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Arodamos
The hotel is conveniently located, on the edge of Kissamos in separation from the hustle and bustle, but it has everything you need near the sea 100 meters, the mountain starts behind the hotel, 30 meters there is a mini market, a large supermarket Mavronakis 200-300 meters and the most important One of the best, or even without exaggeration the best taverna in Kissamos stelios & katina. With good service, good food and plenty of choice on the menu. Unfortunately pictures do not convey all the charm, comfort and cleanliness of the hotel, in reality it is much lighter, more comfortable and more spacious better. The bathroom is among other things a hairdryer, which is nice, hot water heater appears after turning the tap almost immediately, and after 10-15 minutes you can take a shower at least an hour, which I am personally very happy. The room has a large dining table and enough dishes to host a dinner party for at least 10-15 people, also in the kitchen has a fridge and a medium-sized plate for three plates (one for coffee) and an oven. So, as we relaxed with a child especially for us spread a carpet in the room, provided a playpen, pillows, blankets and toys. Each room has air conditioning in the master bedroom has a built-in closet, which will fit any luggage and wardrobe. The room has a small balcony with a sofa and two armchairs. Elina is very hospitable and welcoming host responsive to any questions or requests. We really enjoyed the Arodamos, next time when we Kissamos we again plan to stop at Arodamos.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank John-Freimann
Chania Town, Greece
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I spend a few days last April in ARODAMOS APARTMENTS with my family and stayed more than satisfied! I had what I needed for my baby, in order to sleep and play with security!we were very happy with the cleanliness and hygiene and also we had at our disposal supplies to cook or anything else we needed such as air conditioning, TV, etc. The beach was very close, beautiful clear and sunny! The hosts were very hospitable , always with a smile, willing to give us information or anything else we wanted!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Heraklion, Greece
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in Arodamos for 5 days at the end of April 2013. I was impressed by the hospitality of the owers and the staff. Elina and Giorgos were excellent hosts. They made me relax and feel really as if I was at home. Giorgos (the owner) is an expert in gardening and has created beautiful gardends to relax both in front of the apartments, as well as in the backyard, where we really enjoyed our breakfast and other meals under that beautiful carob tree. Elina (Giorgos wife) is also an excellent cook. She prepared Cretan specialties from Kissamos. Arodamos offerred us advantages. It is so close to other wonderful and picturesque areas nearby, which we also enjoyed, like the sunset at Falaserna, etc. I was also very blessed by the weather as it was so warm and sunny that I could not resist not to swim. The beach that is a beautiful and secluded bay (Mavros Molos Bay) was only a hundred metres far away from the porch of my room. The early Spring days were so hot that the see water was very refreshing. I did not give it a second thought!! Jumped right in and if I wasn't hungry I could have stayed for hours. Ok, I admit that this early in Spring, the water was not so warm (around 15-17 C I recon), but I would n't miss it for anything. The water was clear and crystal that I could see apart from the sea bed, all the small fishes that played with me all along my swimming time. My friends did enjoyed both Arodamos and the swimming jumps too. I will definately visit them again.

Room Tip: Let Elina guide you!!! She has a sense and a capacity of fixing your psychology (she is a pro) and o...