“Nice place!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We lived in the hotel near this tavern. Very tasty! Freash fish, great vine, frieandly atmosphere! The owner is awesome)) Thank you for graet time in your tavern. Sasha

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were in Kissamos for a week during our Honeymoon and we have had dinner only here because we felt in love with that place both for its cuisine and service. We decided to try only traditional Greek food and the owner always suggested the best.
The service is perfect. They meet you with a large smile :) and handshake, always ask you for feedback, and they do everything for you to enjoy your time there. Every time we got a desert from the owner, it was so nice and tasty :)
We liked the bread, Greek salad, moussaka, goat meat, fish, aubergines and especially their orange juice. We decided to take 2 bottles of orange juice with us when we were leaving, and the owner didn't take the money for it. He said "Drink it and remember us" :) So we did

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We sent a month in Greece: Athens, Crete, Rhodes and the Islands. This is simply the best Greek restaurant on our trip. The food menu was good, the food was exceptionally well-prepared and tasty and the service was excellent. When next in Crete, we will make a bee-line to this taverna!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Recommend the wonderful cuisine of this local Cretan tavern is really too easy....this is the place everyone would like to try once in a life.
Let's begin from the family owner of the tavern: they will always welcome you with a big smile and a handshake. And the same will do Anastasia, the sweet waitress! Let suggest you to Georgeos for choosing the menu ... he will offer you the dishes of the day and will advice you the best of them!
It doesn't matter what you choose: meat or fish is the same. Every dish is cooked excellently, with increasing use of varied spices and oil of Crete that make it all really delicious.Simplicity and genuine taste are the watchword! You can taste tzaziki,moussaka or Boureki, grilled fish, Octopus or sardines....and why not taste also special cretan meat ball, cheese, lamb or pork meat...the list of wonders is very long but no dish will disappoint you.You will be excited about every flavor and every smell!
And don't forget to try Raky and dessert they will offer you at the end of your meal.
The prices are really fair! We have spent around 25 euros for two people every dinner.
Be careful about the the portions: they are very generous!
What more? Go for it and try it!!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was in Crete for seven nights and ate at Stelios & Katina four times (tomorrow will be my fourth).

The other nights I either tried a different restaurant or cooked for myself. Nothing compared to Stelios & Katina. It has the best mix of food, ambiance and value.

FOOD:
So far I've had the calamari, the octopus, the grilled shrimp, the cretan salad and the Stelios & Katina salad. I love fish and seafood and would recommend each of the aforementioned dishes, especially the octopus. One word of advice about the salads. They are big. Very big. A salad and a main are more than enough, especially given the extras that are offered (more on that below). I had the house red which was okay. Nothing special, but for house wine, I expected that. I also tried the baklava and espresso which were very good.

AMBIANCE:
Stelios and Katina has a healthy mix of vacationers and locals (the sign of a great restaurant). I ate outside on the terrace every night but the inside is also very nice. The staff (I was served by the same two people every night) are very attentive and kind and the music (which I did not notice at first) blends well with all the conversations. Funny side note, every night I heard at least one couple walk in and say "I told you we'd be back".

VALUE:
Though it is not exactly budget prices, there is no better value in Kissamos. The price of the meals are reasonable and come with many extras (bread with olive oil and sea salt, raki, raki and honey, cake and ice cream, extra glass of wine, etc.) that your Euros go a very long way.

Crete is a magical place, and the Kissamos area is lucky to have such a great restaurant.

Try it, you won't be disappointed.