“Should have looked it up on trip advisor!”
Review of RAMBLA TAPAS

RAMBLA TAPAS
Reserve a Table
Thu, 6/27
8:00 PM
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

We should have left when the staff was too busy engaging in angry, animated conversation with each other to serve us. Unlucky for us, just as we were about to leave, they brought us menus. Fast forward to the main dish: One of our meals had meat slices that were raw (and not intended to be raw)!! Yup!! Raw!!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed January 23, 2018

I love this little restaurant. The people here are really so kind and sweet. I love sitting outside under there covered area, having a glass of wine and speaking with the people who pass by. I ordered a ration of bocerones (sp?) the other day and my goodness, they were the freshest and largest little deep-fried-tasty fish I've had in ages. Their Salsa Brava is great and their desserts that they have daily presented are too tempting. I nice place to go, that is doggie friendly, has good wine and just generally sweet, kind, gentle people.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

We ordered the menu of the day. First course was fine, second course was the worst thing we ever ate. So called tuna tataki, it was so horrible I had to spit it out. We told the waiter the tuna wasn't edible but they didn't do anything (didn't give us a new plate or a discount or even a cup of coffee)

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Lanza1604
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

We went there for a drink and a possible meal but when we discovered that the whole place was a disaster, we ended up running away.

The place is very well located and it is always full of people. However, the dishes seem rather dull and untasty.

We came in for a draft beer and, as we were sitting at the bar, we realized that what they served as as a draft was really a canned beer ( the brand was, of course, unknown) and they didn't even tell us about that.

Even if I didn't actually eat there, I think I can say I will never come back.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed June 3, 2016

We came across this restaurant by chance, as the one we had been recommended to use was closed. We sat on the outside terrace which was full. The waiter came quite quickly and brought us our drinks and two lovely bread rolls. So far so good.
Then we learnt that both bacalao dishes my husband wanted from the menu del dia were not available, although they were still on the board. We opted for scrambled eggs which came in a very hot skillet and were burnt at the bottom. We had sole in orange sauce, which was just that, nothing else on the plate at all.. We asked in vain for more bread which eventually arrived at the end of our main course. Pity, because it was delicious bread and was served hot, but too late.Three of six desserts were home made. My husband said he couldn't choose so they served a slice of all six! We decided ( I had to try them) that the chocolate orange cake made apparently by the waiter, was the best. Probably the best part of the meal. The elderly waiter was quite amusing and did his best to entertain us, even if he was not the best waiter. I suggest it is a good place for coffee and cake, forget the menu del dia.

Date of visit: June 2016