All reviews beautiful location bit dated upgraded to a suite late at night breakfast and dinner st feliu wonderful view conference pools town hill doctor clientele lea cove
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2019

We arrived to a wonderful location but, the staff were quite difficult, no matter what the request. A nice hotel but, a little outdated. Beautiful views. The bar was quite nice and the personnel there were very friendly. I would just avoid the front desk. Food was quite good and the grounds are very nice.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
BravaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Eden Roc by Brava Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear TheReviewGuy77,

Thank you for reviewing positively your stay in our hotel. Reviews like yours encourage us to keep working and striving to offer the best of us.
We hope to see you soon again in our hotels.

Thanks for your confidence,

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Just to clarify, there are two different kinds of stays here, and the accommodations are located in two separate buildings. The reception and the pool and beach areas are shared, but the experiences different. I went for the Ayurvedic retreat and I loved my stay here. I am not sure what the regular hotel stay is like, but the Ayurvedic plan was perfect.

I had a bit of trouble accessing the hotel because of construction and an inept taxi driver, and though it was no fault of the hotel, I was upgraded to a suite because of the inconvenience. This was a kind and unexpected gesture which I very much appreciated.

The suite was lovely and spacious and the AC was good and strong. There seemed to be some construction going on, and a lot of the property seemed a bit tired or unfinished, but that added to its charm for me. Smoking is allowed on the grounds, which baffles me, since part of it is an Ayurvedic retreat. It should be prohibited in that area.

The Ayurvedic services were awesome. The hot oil massages and the steam baths really helped me relax and let go (I have a hard time with that). The all-inclusive plan included the most amazingly delicious (almost) vegetarian food I have ever had! I was delighted with every course they brought out. I loved that it was personalized. You get your own little table with your place-card on it. The waiter sets it with the herbs/spices that the doctor recommends for you. I looked forward to the meals each day. I didn’t expect to be giving up caffeine in Spain (café con leche!) but I did there and it wasn’t agonizing, and I’m still caffeine free almost 5 months later! I also followed the advice of the visiting doctor, and haven’t had red meat/pork in 5 months either. Feels good.

The little sea cove was clean and clear and the town was a nice walk down the hill. I was so tempted to go down and watch the action each day, but I was there for a retreat, so I tried to keep it mellow.

The clientele was mostly older German, Swiss and French women. I was the only native English speaking guest when I was there. Everyone was kind, though a bit standoffish.

The workers were lovely and attentive and really hardworking. (I feel bad in retrospect, because I didn’t think it was customary to tip...they totally deserved it.)

The last day or two of my stay, the attentiveness of the spa employees kind of waned (maybe because I didn’t tip?) and the reception seemed to be in chaos. I think the there were in training. They tried to help me with some transportation arrangements, but I kept getting different messages from different people, so I was really confused at one point. It may have been a language barrier problem, as a couple of the employees did not speak English or Castellano very well.

All in all, the issues were minor. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and have been telling everyone I know to go to Port Salvi. I can’t wait to return!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
BravaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Eden Roc by Brava Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2018

Dear Guest,

We hope to see you soon again in our hotels.

Thanks for your confidence,

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

Old fashioned hotel but clean, and with very friendly staff at night shift in reception, bar and restaurant! Poor variety of food but well it wasn’t too bad for a couple of days.
Our compliments to Jennie and Ilse for her kindness helping us with our little trouble
We probably come back to this nice hotel soon, we had a superb stay

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Jan,

We really appreciate your comment about your stay in our hotel. We are really glad to read that you enjoyed your holidays with us and we will be very happy to welcome you at our hotels in the future.
Thank you for trusting us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

We were really disapointed with our experience in eden roc. The reception service was awful. They gave us a dirty room with funghi on the walls, no balcony for our dog, the air conditioning made an awful noise, and the heating was working in summer! We couldn’t sleep because of the noise. When we asked for a change they changed our room the last day... the room was the same category but it was amazingly much better. Its strange that the same category of room differ so much from each other. We payed the same amout than another person they got a better room than us. Receptionists weren’t really helpful. The only positive thubg was the swimmingpool.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
BravaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Eden Roc by Brava Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear Meritxell,

We are very sorry to read that you did not like our hotel. Your comment is very important for us, and it will help us improve our services so all our guest can fully enjoy their stay with us.
Thank you for your review.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 18, 2018

The rooms are not too attractive, small and really need a complete makeover. We asked to look at a room with a ocean view and were greeted by massive trees and branches blocking any view of the sea. The people who work there, however, were quite nice and friendly.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BravaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Eden Roc by Brava Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear Epique,

Thank you for leaving your reviewing your stay in our hotel. Opinions like yours are of great help for us, and they encourage us to work harder to offer a pleasant stay to each of our guests. We would be very happy to welcome you at our hotels on another occasion.

Thank you for your trust and best regards,