I traveled northern Mexiko with the CHEPE train in the beginning of 2013 and bumped into the Paraiso del Oso Ranch close to Cerocahui by coincidence (Anas son gave me a lift from the train station in Bauhauichivo when the bus to Urique was already gone). The Ranch has clean comfy rooms with fire ovens for the cold nights and you can watch the horses from your bathroom window. The landscape around is rough, but beautiful and it`s a very quiet place, great to relax.
You`ll be easily adopted by Ana and Diego Rhodes and their extended familiy (childen, grandchildren and some tarahumara kids roaming around). I was interested in the culture of the local indigineous Tarahumaras so I visited a couple of their remote villages with Diego - he knows a lot of People there and often visits the Tarahumara and he`s also setting up a foundation supporting School Kids with scholarships and Laptops for School.
You can hike, visit Cerocahui or Urique, horseride or just relax, and once you succed to get there (makes sense to inform Diego Rhodes before your arrival that you`ll come so they can pick you up at the train Station) you don`t want to leave this place anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a beautiful and tranquil Huetoibo valle, 10 mnutes from Cerocahui, the Paraiso del Oso welcomes Copper Canyon visitors with great meals, a welcome Margarita and personalized service.There are neither telephones nor television to disturb your enjoyment of this magical place, instead you awaken to songs of wild birds and the view of the Yogi Bear look-alike rock formation overlooking the Hotel.Horse rides and nature hikes are available to Tarahumara cave archaeological sites, the Sangre de Cristo gold mine, and a nearby waterfall. Sightseeing vans offer tours to the Cerro Gallegos Canyon overlook and to the historic pueblo of Urique at the very bottom of the Canyon. All meals, free wireless Internet, and transfers from the Bahuichivo train station are included in your stay. The Paraiso del Oso has an extensive public service program that helps Tarahumara students and education in the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Paraiso del Oso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraiso Del Oso Cerocahui
- Paraiso Del Oso Hotel
- Hotel Paraiso Del Oso Cerocahui, Mexico - Chihuahua