“Needs an update”

Quality Inn Chihuahua
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Chihuahua
Reviewed November 10, 2012

lovely friendly staff, however the hotel is kncker and needs a massive update. Great for a 1-2 night stay max. Not suitable for longer stays as it would make you a little 'loco' as there no facility to work in your room or relax at night in the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Nice looking hotel and great location, however needs updating. Those big TVs from last century do not look good in a hotel nowadays. Only one tiny bottle of water per room and very cheap disposable cups. Not enough ac outlets and difficult to get the few available.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My stay was booked with choice hotels points for 1 night and my complain is because nobody told me, about the continental breakfast, I had to pay for it!!! because my room was booked with points!! at the moment of booking, I saw free breakfast, and result that is not for free stays, (this is the first time happens to me) also the internet is terrible, slow and un accessible in some points, the only good thing was the good treat of the people,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Arriving from the railway station, we found the receptionist very helpful, our room was fine, good bed & bathroom. Central location, round the corner from the cathedral.

However breakfast was a different matter, we arrived at 8.00am & found we had to wait for a table some 40 mins. We were then faced with a restaurant that was heaving & there were further delays for a pot of tea etc; there was nothing relaxing or enjoyable about our meal. I admit I am not a fan of buffets, the hot plate was under seige. It would appear that the hotel is popular with local business people - you need to make sure that you have enough time for breakfast - a number of guests clearly did not have that time.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Nice hotel, parking with security but my room was very small

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I nearly walked away from this place when I saw the state of the rug, but it was late at night, so we stayed. The buffet breakfast the next morning was great. Then I found the advertised travel agency did not exist. The concierge was no help, he directme to a tour agency when
I wanted to book a flight. Then the front desk agent, Gullermo Lopez stepped in. He located the airline numbers I needed, called and navigated the rapidfire Spanish "choice menu" and made sure I had an English speaking agent. He provided email and telephone contact numbers and printed the confirmation emails for me. What started out as a nightmare was saved by his efforts.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. The service was very good, the room very clean. The breakfast buffet is exceptional -- good selection and very tasty. The price seemed very reasonable. We had a continental breakfast included in the price of the room but ended up at the buffet the mornings we were there. The only evening meal we had there was a turkey panini sandwich that was just awful. The hotel is right in the downtown area and very close to shopping area, governiment offices and the cathedral. The only drawback from the lodging perspective was a very noisy (but working) air conditioner.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
jbarud, General Manager at Quality Inn Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

In the name of the Quality Inn Hotel, thanks for your recent stay in our property we are very glad to serve you and hope to see you soon in your next trip to Chihuahua.