TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“Amazing hotel, friendly staff, but needs some work.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Encore Chihuahua

You added Ramada Encore Chihuahua to your Saves list
Ramada Encore Chihuahua
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Periferico de La Juventud 5700-3 | Citadela D1 Life Style Center, Chihuahua 31114, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Chihuahua
Chihuahua
“Amazing hotel, friendly staff, but needs some work.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

It's obvious the hotel is fairly new. Stayed here for a weekend with friends. Loved the building, the staff was very friendly, but very slow, starting from check-in, which took me at least 20 minutes or longer. I mean sure, apparently I got the last two available rooms, but if they know they will be so booked, get more staff. Happy hour was a total waste. It was from 6 to 8, and we got one drink, and that's only because we went and asked for it, since there were none left... and this was at 6:50 p.m. We asked for more drinks, then waited an hour, and never got any.
The room is nice, the bed very comfy. I wouldn't mind it if the rooms were a little more sound proof though.
Summary: I would stay again, but would expect better service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
Tlaloc M, General Manager at Ramada Encore Chihuahua, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, we have worked with our Front Desk Manager and Executive Chef in order to improve the opportunity areas you mentioned. Regarding the "sound proof" I am pleased to announce you and all the travellers that we are remodeling some rooms by adding carpets (which reduce 95% of the noise) and also changing the hotel color's and art décor in rooms, you will experience the difference and there some photos will be available shortly!!

I will be pleased to welcome you back so you can enjoy our renewed rooms and the improve we had in our service based on your comments.

Tlaloc Monsivais

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bayer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel looks rather nice and fancy, but this just seems to be the upper surface, below its all cheap stuff and partly you can already see the wear.

I am in the hotel for 4 days, but I should have changed after 1 night - don t get me wrong, you can sleep there, its clean - but thare is no spirit in it. Its all just design for looking at - nothing more.

Staff is ok - bartender takes ages to mix a drink or present bill. No Vodka Martine available due to no Marini....

breakfast is very small and I felt somehow like in countryside France (just 1 marmelade and toasty bread) here we have in addition some cut melon and some scrambled egg and hot beans.... I would have expected far more.

I will not go to it again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
      Location
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
Tlaloc M, General Manager at Ramada Encore Chihuahua, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry to learn you stay wasn't as nice as you expected. I can understand you might not like the hotel´s design as it is completely different, however we have taken actions with our F&B Manger; in the bar in order to have the most demanded liquors and beers and on the other hand in the breakfast, just please notice we feature the American Breakfast (it is not a buffet)

If you have the chance to come back to Chihuahua and you give us the opportunity to host you back, I will be pleased to welcome you personally and also offer you a free up-grade to our Executive Floor.

Cordially yours,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Ramada Encore is a nice hotel with trendy decoration and great location to the main city places. The atmosphere is romantic and relax. Just be careful because some rooms have internal door that comunicates with the next room, but fortunately the staff was very nice and changed us to another room. Additional, would like to mention that if you'll sleep after 8 am, you'd better put the "do not disturb" signal out of the door, otherwise, the cleaning lady will be knocking the door every hour after 8 am.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tlaloc M, General Manager at Ramada Encore Chihuahua, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel's décor, location, atmosphere, and our most valuable resource: Our Staff!! We are committed to offer the best service for all the travellers. On the other hand I appreciate you have mentioned the "do not disturb" signal out of the door, as this is something very common in all the hotels; thank you for sharing this to all the travellers!

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in your home away from home.

Shanghai, Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

For the rate, five stars. For the cleanliness, clean smell, fresh sheets and towel, and feet friendly help staff, five stars. It was a great experience staying here. Much better than I expected. Breakfast was acceptable.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tlaloc M, General Manager at Ramada Encore Chihuahua, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this 5 star rating you provided us, one of our core values is to exceed all our guest's expectations and I am very happy to learn we made you feel that way. I am sure your comment will help other travellers to decide where to stay, thus as you mention our Staff friendliness is our biggest asset.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you back in your home away from home.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights with my couple and we asked for our "distinguished client-card", this since we're planning to come back every time we get around.

Excellent service, hot water!, free WiFi, breakfast included, snacks and drinks "on da house" (by the afternoon) and the location it's great; There's a Starbucks just around the corner and lots of nice restaurants.

Our only complain is that we asked for a king size bed, they told us that we're getting a queen size but we found a full size one at the room. Good news are that I didn't starfish my self (I've been cold since I got out of the plane) so my boyfriend fitted inside the bed, otherwise we would be kind of mad (Next time I'll make sure to reserve a bigger bed).

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Tlaloc M, General Manager at Ramada Encore Chihuahua, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our facilities and the service, I am very happy to know you slept well with us!! As you mention too our location is one of our biggest added values as we have everything you might need a few steps away.

I hope to have the opportunity to host you back again in the future it will be our pleasure to welcome you and your boyfriend back.