“Modern twist, free snacks and great service! - done deal”

Ramada Encore Chihuahua
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Chihuahua
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located approx 30 minutes away from the airport. The sightseeing was nice through mountains and new highway.
We got there during happy hour and it was very lively. When you offer free beer, wine and snacks, there is always a win win situation. Even on the executive level floor there is coffee and snacks all day by the elevators. In the lobby there are 3 to 4 stations (I think) fr Internet access. Aside if te hotel offering complimentary Internet throughout the entire hotel.

The location of the hotel is a new development with a few restaurants within the same area, but it is self contained since the major highway is right there. The rooms are on the small side, but they are well equipped. Small ironing board, closet right off the entrance without door or curtains.

I wished there was brighter lights because the colors of the hotel are so deep and dark that it makes the room seemed smaller or darker. However somehow it works with the modern theme.

The staff is great, always friendly and with a big smile. They were great offering places to go for drinks and eating. Oh I forgot, the hotel also offers free breakfast

I had a nice time!

• Stayed: March 2013
Tlaloc M, General Manager at Ramada Encore Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for all your nice comments regarding the location, our complimentary cocktail from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the lobby, the internet, our amenities & services but furthermore... for our Staff, as you pointed out, our main goal is our client's satisfaction, thus our dedicated, courteous and friendly service, this is what all the travellers around the globe like the most about us!!.

I am very happy to know you had a nice time with us; we will be pleased to welcome you back to your home away from home in the future.

P.S. thank you as well for the great pictures!!

There are newer reviews for Ramada Encore Chihuahua

Reviewed December 9, 2012

It is the best hotel in Chihuahua for business trip. I have stayed during four days in the hotel for business and everything was perfect: great location, good internet services, printer facilities, gym. The location is one of the best in Chihuahua because it is very well connected with the city centre and the business areas, and there are few restaurants very close to the hotel where you can go by walking. The staff is very friendly and they are really helpful with you.
The hotel has the executive floor where some international calls are free, this is a big advantage compare with other hotels in the city. Without a doubt, I will recommend the hotel to all of you because it is the perfect place for business.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Tlaloc M, General Manager at Ramada Encore Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our location, internet service, gym and furthermore our Staff, it is a real pleasure to know we were able to reach your expectations. Thank you as well for pointing out the Executive Floor advantage, as you mention the unlimited and international calls to Mexico, USA & Canada are a unique added value in the entire city as there is not any other hotel in town that offers this benefit. Finally I am very happy to learn that after 4 days you stayed with us, you rated us and the best hotel in Chihuahua for a business trip, at the end that is our main goal!!

We will be more than pleased to welcome you back in the future and host you in your home away from home.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I would definitely pick a different hotel. Group of youngsters roaming the floor knocking at doors and making noise all night. This in spite of my calls to reception complaining about it. Very hard to fall a sleep. Suddenly a stranger opened my door with a key claiming it was his room. Scary to say the least. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Tlaloc M, General Manager at Ramada Encore Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, although we had a group of young people this week, we enhanced of security and services, I am very sorry to learn you had this experience, I personally walked thru all the hotel areas myself within the security staff in order to accomplish all our guest needs during these days, as we had the hotel fully booked.

I can assure you and all the travelers that our hotel is 100% safe, not only for all the cameras we have all over the building and for the advantage that provides our location (newest and trendiest zone in Chihuahua), but furthermore for all the guest reviews and comments that claims our security and tranquility.

I hope to have the opportunity to host you back in the future so you can enjoy by yourself these benefits, be so kind to contact me directly at: gerencia@ramadaencorechihuahua.com or ++52 (614) 442 9090.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I think that for the price, it could be alittle better. One thing I did not like is for them to kick you out exactly at the time the room is due. I got a call 5 minutes after and asked if I was going to pay for another day, or leave the room. I did, and I think I am not coming back. I had to finish a report in the lobby. The location is very good. It is close to the fashion mall and to some large stores. So if you are not looking for a great experience, look somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Tlaloc M, General Manager at Ramada Encore Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, just for your information the check out time is always at noon (as any other hotel) usually under previous request to our Front Office Manager and subject to availability we are pleased to confirm a late check out, it is important for us to know in advance as we have high demand and we also try to welcome in time the travelers arriving on your departure day.

On the other hand as you mention our location is privileged as we are in the nicest and trendiest zone in Chihuahua, if what the travelers are looking for is a place to relax or a place to work in style and comfort at a reasonable price, we are the perfect place.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is the first time I stay in this hotel and I must say I was impressed with the location (just walking away from a couple of restaurants and one casino), the rooms are nice and clean, I liked the chilaquiles & rajitas in the breakfast and in the afternoon the guy at the bar… he is awesome, the front desk clerk offer me a $15 USD upgrade for an executive floor and it worth it, what it was most convenient for me was the free calls to the US (great deal if you have to work in your room). I knew the brand (Ramada Encore) as I stayed early this year in London (they have other properties) and this one in Chihuahua, has its own touch and most of all the service is world’s first class, in one word I just love the Encore and I can’t wait to come back!!

Room Tip: I recomend the executive floor so you can get free calls to usa free!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Tlaloc M, General Manager at Ramada Encore Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments about the room, cleanliness, F & B Quality and most of all, our Staff!! I am very happy to learn you were familiar with the brand and you had the opportunity to stay in one of our sister properties in London, as you mention one of our greatest added values in Chihuahua is our location as we are in one of the nicest zones in the city.

I couldn’t agree more with you regarding the perfect deal in the Executive Floor as you have the chance to call unlimited and for free to US, Canada & Mexico (we are the only hotel in the city that features this promotion)

I will be more than happy to welcome you back personally in your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

As I arrived, being a smoker, I was informed that there were no smoking rooms. I decided that I could go outside the hotel to smoke. Upon entering my room I was met by a very strong odor of stale cigarrette smoke. I immediately called the front desk to verify it so that they wouldn't charge me with the US$ 150.00 fine for smoking in the room.
The front desk personnel seemed to be at a funeral or perhaps showing how much they hate the job. Long faced, unfriendly, bordering rude.
It was one of the sowest internet connections I have ever experienced. It didn't even allowed me to use Skype.
The breakfast was similar to a cheap roadside Mexican little hotel. Dirty plates everywhere, staff bringing food to the buffet as if bringing ration to cattle, etc.
I was there 3 nights and in the last night there were about 12 men outside the front door smoking, drinking beer and laughing/talking loudly, leaving the smoking area very dirty upon leaving, as if they were at a cheap bar, but no one from the hotel or not tried to stop that.
I practically live in hotels, as I travel 75% of the year, but this is one hotel that will never see me again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Tlaloc M, General Manager at Ramada Encore Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, just for your information since February 2008 Mexico joined “The global momentum for smoke free public places” best practice in current and forthcoming smoke free policies and the county passed a comprehensive smoke free legislation that prohibits smoking in enclosed public places and workplaces, on public transport and in bars and restaurants. Designated smoking rooms are not allowed. In addition to that, we are part of the Wyndham Hotel Group and as a worldwide hotel company we feature a Green Program and we take seriously the sustainability initiatives, one of those is to encourage all our guest to stay in a smoke free hotel, I am very sorry to learn you sense cigarette smoke odor in the room you arrived. 99.5% of our guest are respectful about this initiative.

On the other hand I am very surprised about your comment regarding our breakfast, this is the first time in 3 years (since we opened the hotel back in 2009) we receive this kind of comment, if you have the opportunity to read other travelers opinions you will notice all the nice comments about our food quality, service and Staff friendliness, however I respect your perception and I thank you as well for your comments about the front desk staff, internet connection and motor lobby cleanliness, we have taken immediate actions. Finally regarding the guests smoking in the motor lobby they were part as well of those who respect the hotel smoke free environment.

I invite you to contact me directly at ++ 52 (614) 442 9090 so you can notice we appreciate your feedback I will be pleased to welcome you personally and offer you a free up-grade to our executive floor in your next stay with us.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I just returned from a 3 day business stay at the Ramada Encore in July 2012, this is the 3rd. time I came back and this last stay has been by far the best one. I was pleased with all the changes I saw since I arrived although the Staff has always been very friendly now I notice some “extra details” that make a difference, such as the new menu they have in “The Hub” restaurant, I found it very convenient as I arrived late at night from work (they have it available from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm) Another detail I loved was the elevator from the lobby to my room (the smell, lights, it was just different!!! a real sense of arrival), one of the nights I was having dinner the General Manager came himself just to say hello and ask me if everything was OK…. WOW!!! I didn’t expect to have this service at all, it really surprised me in a good way.
Also as US citizen I noticed the travel warning to the city, however I must say all the times I have stayed in Chihuahua I have found it safe as any other major cities I have visited in the world. Specially what I like the most about the hotel was its location, just walking distance from a casino and 7 different restaurants to choose (they also features room service from those restaurants to your room!) .
I enjoyed this stay and I highly recommend it to everyone, as a room tip: ask for a room up-grade, just for 15 US per night you will stay in a private and executive floor with the benefit of the unlimited free calls to the US, Canada & México, it was a great deal, I called home every night for free! Keep on going guys, Congrats ;)

Room Tip: Try executive floor and you will get unlimited free calls to the US, Canada & México.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Tlaloc M, General Manager at Ramada Encore Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for all your nice comments about the Staff, our facilities and the sense on arrival in the hotel. I am very happy to learn you have noticed the changes we have done lately as we are always focused in all the travelers satisfactions, and as a frequent guest I double thank you for your loyalty. It is always a pleasure for all the team to welcome back our guests, I am happy to know as well in this stay we exceed your expectations, at the end of the day… That is our main goal!

Thank you as well for pointing out the convenience of our location for furthermore the city security, although the state of Chihuahua has this travel warning you have experienced by yourself that Chihuahua City is a safe place for all the travelers and also for us as a residents.

I couldn’t agree more with you regarding the room tip you mention to all the travelers, the 15US up-grade to the Executive Floor deal is a perfect way to enjoy a private and exclusive level in the hotel and also the convenience of being close to your family and/or business just one call (unlimited & free) away!

We hope to see you again in your home away from home in Chihuahua, I will be pleased to welcome you personally.