“hidden gem”
Review of Holland Arms Hotel

Holland Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Pentre Berw B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Food cooked with TLC not what you would expect from a pub my husband had duck with black pudding followed by cherry crumble, myself chicken stuffed with smoked salmon done to perfection , followed by bread and butter pudding . If you want good fresh cooked food look no further by the way we went back twice more during our break in anglsey . Friendly staff ,Found on A5 at gaerwen towards holyhead next to a good garden centre, just up the road rspb walk on flat

Room Tip: Didnt stay at hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank misspiggy5

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We went for dinner tonight, shared the garlic mushrooms which were the best I have ever tasted, the sauce was amazing! Both of us had fish as main meals and we were very satisfied, the sauces were so nice! We will be back for certain!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jayniejo
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Straight up, this review is scathing!!!

1. At least the Castle, for all its bad points, had hot water in the shower. In fact, it had water in the shower, and you could actually fit underneath it.

2. Again, for all its bad points, at least at the Castle, I could get a hot breakfast.

3. The single glazed windows allowed me to enjoy the sounds of cars, police vehicle sirens, the great outdoors, since they did not even block the cold weather.

Take a drive 10 minutes down the road and stay in LLangefni township, where you can get a good hot shower, a decent meal, and stay nice and warm.

Yet another wonderful experience to be added to the company blacklist.

Thank you very much for nothing...I gave you one dot only because it wouldn't let me give you NONE!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
saz181, Manager at Holland Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at the Holland Arms Hotel.

We only took over this establishment at the end of September last year so have altogether only been here nearly 5 months, we are currently working hard to update and refurbish all our rooms to a high standard. But unfortunately we cannot justify closing the hotel to do this so the rooms are getting done up one at a time.

Also on the day you checked in we had no water at all that morning due to a burst water main just a little down the road. I'm sure if you had gone into Llangefni the following morning you would have had to stop at the traffic lights that had been put in place so they could dig up the road to get to the water pipes.

The hotel is also owned by a brewery so anything to do with the structure is unfortunately not something we can resolve ourselves (as much as we would like to) if it was we could take your comments regarding the windows on board.

In regards to the rescue services going past the hotel they were acting in response to a road traffic accident in which a vehicle had overturned and the occupants had to be cut free from the wreckage!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

AWSOME, just come back from having a meal at the Holland Arms Hotel one of the best meals we have ever had, I had the chicken stuffed with smoked salmon with a mushroom sauce it was so tasty my partner had the beef and smoked oyster suet pastry pie with home made gravy, they both came with plenty of fresh veg and new potatoes very very tasty can't wait to go back and try the cod wrapped in Parma ham also it is very reasonably priced under £25 for both our meals. The pub has had major works inside it is spotlessly clean and very we'll decorated lovely helpful staff and as we were leaving the owner came to say goodby and asked us if we enjoyed or meal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm glad you enjoyed the chicken panache it is one of our most popular dishes along with the Lamb, I do hope you are able to come and sample more of our menu soon. Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My wife and I went to the Holland Arms for a meal on a Thursday night so it was quiet when we arrived although by 8.00 it was beginning to get busy. We ordered the Salmon and linguine special and slow roasted shoulder of lamb with mint and goosberry chutney etc. We are used to pub food but this was a big improvement from the usual fare on offer in most other pubs. Care had really been taken on getting the flavours and presentation just right. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The real ale had been kept in very good condition and not too cold given the time of year. We will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaximusDec99

I am so happy that you enjoyed your dining experience here at the Holland Arms hotel and thank you for your kind review

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Four of us went for a meal to the Holland Arms last night and were not disappointed. The staff were very helpful and friendly.
A different choice of menu was offered than the usual food expected in a local eating place for this area.
Good presentation of the food and good price too. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your kind review I am extremely pleased you enjoyed your experience here at The Holland Arms hotel

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Myself and a group of friends ate here about a week ago. The food was lovely, plenty of it and homemade, my only criticism was the lack of lighting in the car park as I left by myself and it was pitch black walking to the car

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank donnamowen
saz181, Manager at Holland Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your food when visiting us I hope you had a pleasant evening. I agree with you about the lighting in the car park I have on many occasions had to walk out in the dark to my car to go home sometimes at 2am and it is not nice. Fortunately we have recently repaired a light in the car park so this has improved and I will discuss with the brewery the possibility of more lighting in the future.
Sarah Roberts

#2 of 6 in Menai Bridge
Tafarn Y Rhos
Tafarn Y Rhos
#1 of 4 in Llangefni

Been to Holland Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!