“A hidden gem”

Ranked #1 of 1 Pentre Berw B&B and Inns
Llangefni, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

AWSOME, just come back from having a meal at the Holland Arms Hotel one of the best meals we have ever had, I had the chicken stuffed with smoked salmon with a mushroom sauce it was so tasty my partner had the beef and smoked oyster suet pastry pie with home made gravy, they both came with plenty of fresh veg and new potatoes very very tasty can't wait to go back and try the cod wrapped in Parma ham also it is very reasonably priced under £25 for both our meals. The pub has had major works inside it is spotlessly clean and very we'll decorated lovely helpful staff and as we were leaving the owner came to say goodby and asked us if we enjoyed or meal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
saz181, Manager at Holland Arms Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed the chicken panache it is one of our most popular dishes along with the Lamb, I do hope you are able to come and sample more of our menu soon. Thank you for your kind review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gaerwen
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My wife and I went to the Holland Arms for a meal on a Thursday night so it was quiet when we arrived although by 8.00 it was beginning to get busy. We ordered the Salmon and linguine special and slow roasted shoulder of lamb with mint and goosberry chutney etc. We are used to pub food but this was a big improvement from the usual fare on offer in most other pubs. Care had really been taken on getting the flavours and presentation just right. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The real ale had been kept in very good condition and not too cold given the time of year. We will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaximusDec99
I am so happy that you enjoyed your dining experience here at the Holland Arms hotel and thank you for your kind review
Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Four of us went for a meal to the Holland Arms last night and were not disappointed. The staff were very helpful and friendly.
A different choice of menu was offered than the usual food expected in a local eating place for this area.
Good presentation of the food and good price too. Will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind review I am extremely pleased you enjoyed your experience here at The Holland Arms hotel
Gaerwen, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Myself and a group of friends ate here about a week ago. The food was lovely, plenty of it and homemade, my only criticism was the lack of lighting in the car park as I left by myself and it was pitch black walking to the car

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank donnamowen
saz181, Manager at Holland Arms Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your food when visiting us I hope you had a pleasant evening. I agree with you about the lighting in the car park I have on many occasions had to walk out in the dark to my car to go home sometimes at 2am and it is not nice. Fortunately we have recently repaired a light in the car park so this has improved and I will discuss with the brewery the possibility of more lighting in the future.
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Called here with friends for the Sunday carvery after hearing it had new landlords. Lovely lunch. Choice of 3 meats, lots of fresh veg and the tastiest gravy I've ever had. clean pub. Look forward to visiting again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
saz181, Manager at Holland Arms Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I agree the gravy on a Sunday is delicious.

Lee-on-the-Solent, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had a great night at the Holland Arms on the isle of Anglesey. As soon as we arrived it seemed a friendly atmosphere, I travelled with a group of 5 (Myself, mother, father and 2 brothers). We walked in and noticed the bar/ restuarant looked empty and we thought oh god empty is not good but we saw the manager, or so I believe, and he said that the restuarant was shut due to refurbishment so he told us where his sister restuarant was so we went for a meal there after we paid for our room.
When we arrived back at the hotel the bar got busy with around 5 customers in there. So we sat down on comfy leather seats by the pool table and the T.V with X Factor on. We had a couple of rounds of pool and alcohol; although i had orange juice, then when we went up to the room we found they were roomy spacious and a very nice bathroom.
When we woke in the morning we got greeted by the housewife and she made us complimentary toast and cereal, tea and coffee. When we unfortunately had to leave they greeted a safe journey home and told us the best route to avoid the M6.
We were pleasantly surprised and it surpassed all of our expectation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Coolio64
Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Holland Arms Hotel. I am only sorry your stay coincided with the refurbishment of our kitchen, hopefully you will return and be able to sample our menu.
I am really pleased that the staff looked after you so well.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I first went to the Holland arms around 3 months ago and I have to say it wouldn't normally be a place I would go again, very uninviting and probably would have found more cheer in a graveyard, however I recently found out the hotel is under new management and decided to give it a second shot, went in Wednesday 25th of September to find it was the new managers second night, I could already see some changes, the staff all hard at work cleaning the place from top to bottom, after reading some other reviews about this place it definitely needed a good clean, all I can say to the new manager is you can't do a worse job than the previous lady that had it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robert J
Thank you for your kind comments. We have been working very hard to get the place up to standard and I hope when you visit us again you will still be happy with the changes that have been made.
We hope to do well here and have every intention to make it a success.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pentre Berw
#1 of 4 in Llangefni
Bulkeley Arms
Bulkeley Arms
#4 of 6 in Menai Bridge

Been to Holland Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!