“Great escape”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This is a 1.6 round hot tub & seats two people more than comfortable.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

artursr21...
Turriff, United Kingdom
“Great escape”
Reviewed February 21, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Nice little lodge in very quiet area.Nothing to fault just wish the toilet was not open plan with rest of the living space. Great landlady and worth a return visit.

Feb 22, 2017
Thank you very much. Yes the curtain that is the door to the toilet maybe could be changed for a door. Thank you so much for staying and thank you for your review.
MarkL3516
Markinch, United Kingdom
“Awesome Highland romantic Retreat”
Reviewed October 24, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Outstanding value for money, facilities are excellent and sitting under the stars in the wood fired hot tube is priceless. Julie the owner is very friendly and helpful, Have recommended this to loads of friends, looking forward to another visit soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot tub and facilities in shepherds hut
Liked least: Nothing to dislike
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Oct 25, 2016
Many thanks for staying and for taking the time to leave your lovely review.
Lorna F
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great alternative to traditional camping!”
Reviewed March 12, 2016 for a stay in November 2015

Had a great 3 night stay with my husband and our dog. Particularly enjoyed star gazing while in the wood fired hot tub! The hut is in large field, quiet and secluded so great sleep had by all. Having stayed in shepherd's hut before, it was a real treat to have private kitchen/ wc/shower facilities. The owner, Julie, was very welcoming and informative, and she and her husband made sure to top up the wood burner when we were out and about. Overall, a lovely and relaxing break.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: wood fired hot tub
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Mar 12, 2016
Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and a big thank you for staying with us.
All the best.
Cyrusdog
“Lovely place to stay...”
Reviewed March 12, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Lovely place to stay and great value..Going back in the summer,,Julie was very helpfully and friendly..even in her old pj's and rigger boots that she wears for cleaning..

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Oct 6, 2016
haha thank you so much. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Maureen M
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Do Not Book !”
Reviewed March 7, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

This accomadation is no where near as nice as the pictures that are displayed on tripadvisor. Very Misleading information .Myself and my husband where booked to stay here in January this year this was a christmas present from our daughter When we arrived at the owners property we were greeted by the owner Julie. My first impression was that we must be at the wrong place as the lady came out to meet us in her pyjamas and work boots ! Not the best way to greet customers!
Julie then went on to show us the accomadation that we were to be staying in. As we followed her I was shocked to see that we were about to be staying in was nothing more than a very small hut in the back of her garden! On entering the hut I was even more disapointed it was so small not even a seperate room for the bedroom . The cooking facilities were not very clean either, there was one bean bag on the floor next to the bed (this is the only seat in the hut) so basically you sleep eat and sit all in this very small space. The hot tub outside was not any better does not resemble the pictures as advertised it was so small you would be lucky to fit two people in it. As I was so dissapointed kindly explained to her that this was not what we had expected and that I could not stay there. Julie apoligsed and kindly offered us to stay in her other property . This was far more acceptable and much more comfortable but as it was only available for one night we had to leave the following day my husband and I left to go and stay in a Hotel. To compensate for not been able to have a 2 night stay which my daughter had booked and payed for Julie offered us a 2 night stay at a later date.
However this has not been adhered to . I have contacted Julie to re arrange another date but she has not kept to her word and has refused to comply with what she offered.
She has now become abusive to me by texting and slating me on social media. She has called both myself and my husband "very large people" that is why we couldnt fit on the bean bag or in the hot tub. This is very insulting as although im no twiggy I wouldnt say been a size 14 is very large! . I have now advised Julie to stop this awful behaviour or I would have to report her to the Police.
This is not the service I or anybody should ever have to be subjected to.
So be warned dont book with her unless you want to be slated on social media for merely advising others about her accomadation.

Liked best: Absolutely nothing
Liked least: The whole experience
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Oct 6, 2016
I can assure everyone this is not a true and accurate review. I would never treat anyone like this review says and the accommodation is not as she reviewed it to be.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing