“A visit to the Garden Arms should be mandatory!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gardenstown
The Garden Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Gardenstown B&B and Inns
Sweden
“A visit to the Garden Arms should be mandatory!”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We stayed one night at this small and charming place. Lynne and Dave gave us a warm welcome and some tips about the area. Our room had a real sea view and we were lucky to enjoy a beautiful sunset from our bed.

We spent some time in the small bar were the atmosphere is warm, genuine and friendly. We also enjoyed a delicious two course meal and a very generous breakfast.

We can really recommend taking a walk along the beach and climb up to the old church/graveyard overlooking the sea and village.

The villlage of Gardenstown is definitely worth a visit, and a visit to the Garden Arms should be mandatory!

Thanks again Lynne and Dave for a pleasant stay, hope to see you again!

Anna & Johan
Sweden

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Johan7605

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Glasgow, UK
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Recently had a family dinner at the Garden Arms hotel, Gardenstown - whilst staying in a self catering home nearby. I had read the reviews and although these encouraged a visit, they didn't do it justice. I am a coeliac and usually have difficulty eating out ... but not so at the Garden Arms. I had special gluten-free rolls bought in for me and the food was free from all wheat and gluten but still very, very tasty. The tomato and basil soup was simply delicious. I had the monkfish main course (first time I have eaten this type of fish) and it was delicious. Atmosphere was great and you could browse the selection of crafts whilst waiting for your courses .. I ended up buying an original pastel/picture. Only complaint ... a complaint! I hear you so ... too much food! I walked out like a barrel ... they certainly know how to feed you. All of the other seven guests with me absolutely loved their food but we all had very full tummies at the end of the evening ...

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lynneharvey
Leith
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We were not staying in the Hotel, but ate in the restaurant. The food was locally sourced and of the highest quality - my venison was perfectly cooked. As you would expect the fish was as fresh as can be from a fishing village, and beautifully prepared. The Hotel is a free house, so they are able to source and select their own wines and I was really impressed by the quality and value of the wines on offer. However if you are looking for a good beer they have well kept real ales too.

The service was attentive without being smothering, and I would heartily recommend the Garden Arms Hotel

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Arrived there somewhat disillusioned after having been denied in Pennan because it was after 7.30pm (Saturday!). The bar had a slightly dubious look but the friendly staff made the atmosphere very welcoming.
The menu offered a interesting choice of refined standard dishes and local seafood delicacies. The restaurant room was very inviting.
Do not dare to leave anything on your plate as you may be denied the indispensable sweets by the assertive chef!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank craut
Yutz
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Great food and warm welcome
Probably best to book in advance for diner.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dufftown
Reviewed August 9, 2010

If you are looking for a relaxing break then this is the place! An unpretentious hotel with excellent service, extremely good evening meals and a breakfast that will set you up for the day. No frills (no radio nor tv in the bedroom - heaven!), no 5 star aspirations - just honest to goodness simplicity dished up with a level of care and attention that would put a lot of hotels to shame. Will most definitely return and make it a longer stay next time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed November 24, 2008

I've just returned from a weekend stay at the Garden Arms Hotel in the beautiful village of Gardenstown on the Scottish coast. I had a great weekend away and was really pleased with my choice of where to stay.

From the moment I contacted the Garden Arms Hotel to make a reservation, I was delighted with the level of service and hospitality of the hosts Lynne and Dave.

When I arrived, this was reinforced even further. Arriving in Gardenstown on a cold, snowy Scottish day I was greeted with the warmest of welcomes and made to feel at home. As the hotel bar serves as the local bar, it's nice to meet other people from the area and to learn all about it.

From the room itself (with sea-views), to the delicious home-cooked dinner - I had an excellent stay at the hotel. I was welcomed so warmly to the area by Lynne and Dave and can honestly say that I hope I can make the trip back again.

• Liked — Service - from start to finish the service was excellent
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardenstown
Tufted Duck Hotel
Mill of Nethermill Holidays
Kathleen's Bed and Breakfast
Kathleen's Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 2 in Gardenstown

Been to The Garden Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!