“Good venue for workshop”

Punta de Uian Resort & Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pundaquit
Antipolo City, Philippines
“Good venue for workshop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

The resort provided us with a nice venue for our workshop. The food was ok but could be improved. The staff seemed new and tentative, not as attentive as you would like them to be when on a workshop. Our timing was not so good (rainy season) so I guess that was a factor in the after workshop activities. The rooms where we stayed in were average and I am not sure about security since the door locks seem flimsy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank d0ctrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Angeles City, Angeles, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have a family vacation last June 7-9, 2013, generally the place is good they have the good view of the sunset and the islands, at the back they have the majestic view of the mountains. They really invested on the development of the place BUT they are lacking on the management of their;

MARKETING. When I called up for my room reservation no body answers, I even text them but I got no reply, while searching for another number I called up 09173923759 and somebody answers without telling her name, when i asked if this is Punta de uian she simply replied marketing arm nila eto without giving any name, they texted the account number where to deposit the reservation fee and that I learned it was Clark Subic Marketing who gave me the room confirmation upon payment of the 50% deposit to their account, When I was on the bank to deposit to my worries I texted to asked the fullname of the sales rep she again replied "yette" I insisted to get the name and replied "yette mercado" I then asked why they are hesitant to give name wherein they are the marketing arm and they replied " hindi ako hesitant I thought name is enough" well that was the reservation story.

MAINTENANCE: The villa has no towels, bath soap shampoo and other amenities that regularly expected to a resort hotel with a room rate of PHP 13,000.00 per day, (but they provided upon request), the beds set-up looks like a class C hotel. I did not allow my kids to use the pool (MALABO ANG TUBIG), the villa shower room has defective shower head.

FOODS: The coffee shop opens at 8:00am, the food is good but we waited 1 hour for our breakfast to be served. most of the MENU content were not available.

WE appreciated the gesture of the owner who introduce him self as ROLLY, he was there upon our arrival making chikka with my kids, and he even gave a five hundred peso bill to my 7 years old son while waiting for our breakfast on our next day. "Sir Rolly, you already invested on this place and it can be classified as 4 to 5 star resort hotel, we suggest a close monitoring for the services that you offered, your place can be better". Thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Joey T

Travelers are raving about these Pundaquit hotels

Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

The resort is nice, their rooms are nicely built too... However, the resort turned out to be poorly managed and maintained. The pool is nice, but you have to swim with salagubangs, it's not even well maintained and cleaned as I observed during the time of staying at the pool.

The bathroom: clogged drainage and poor water supply (sayang, maganda pa naman sana, kaso mukhang napabayaan talaga).

The rooms: Aircondition operates too low, the room where we stayed has no key, telephone is busted, you cannot make a call, when reported, no actions taken from the management, as if wala kang nireport/nirequest. At ang pinakagrabe, yung magbubukas ng pinto halos isang oras bago dumating. terible talaga.

Sliding Door at the back (facing the beach): Anybody could go inside, because it can be opened from the outside as experienced. Luckily, we have brought our wallets and other valuables with us during our island hopping.

Service. The service is very poor. You cannot expect immediate action/attention to your request.

It's not worth to stay in this place, so expensive, yet you get that kind of service and amenities, all stuff like the grill will be charged to the guest...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Nash V
Paranaque, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Me and my family went there last Good Friday, and stayed there until Easter. I had reserved a Double Deluxe room 2 weeks before, given that most hotels and resorts were running out of rooms fast as early as February.

Upon arrival, we were informed that the room we had reserved had inadequate airconditioning, as the unit was conking out, and the previous guests had complained about the heat. They had, however, made arrangements to deal with this and gave us a bigger space: alas, they gave us their spa. It was makeshift at best, but had 3 queen-sized beds, 2 bathrooms, and enough space to hold twenty people, plus it has an industrial-sized a/c unit, so the heat never bothered us. Plus, it was located at the far end of the resort, far from the madding crowd, which was a boon (because of the solitude and direct access to an empty part of the beachfront) and a bane (ordering food or anything from the hotel was a pain, and the spa didnt have a phone). The management did their best, considering that it was makeshift, and sent our food still warm straight from the kitchen via service. They even sent the waiter every now and then to take our orders in advance. The extra steps counted, but then again I had called in earlier asking about the security concerns and theft concerns reported in previous reviews, so maybe thats why they were on their toes.

The beach was still nice (the water had some muck floating in from Bataan, but then again, what beach is perfect these days thats so close to civilization?), the pool was okay (not pristine again, but most of the people swimming there had just come off the beach and brought sand in their bums-just like we did, so I'm not complaining), and the food was hit or miss (mostly hit, and still in good-sized portions).

The main gripe I have was the credit card access. I called in specifically to ask about it, twice even, only to find out during check out that their terminal was busted. Not that we couldnt pay, only that it would have been very embarrasing if we didnt bring any cash. This resort is not exactly cheap, so if you go there, bring some cash to spare yourself the embarassment. I appreciated though that they allowed us to settle the balance via deposit here in Manila, given the circumstances, as our cash was not enough to cover the entire bill.

Just like most, I would say that this resort has immense potential, and should just start tending to the details to avoid the negative press. The staff are extremely accommodating, though could have more help during peak season, and all the unsightly construction has to be finalized. The potential is limitless. They have an excellent spot, large enough acreage (it is sprawling to say the least), and the overall design is rather good (though not yet functioning as designed).

All this being said, I will go back again. It still is very much uninhabited and nearing optimal performance if they dont tune out the feedback.

Room Tip: Get the garden rooms if possible. Pine rooms, while distant from everything, are extremely quiet an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank BogsFab
Quezon City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Me and my friends checked in there at around 4:00pm and when we got in, it was pleasant. The staff are nice and accommodating. After checking in, we decided to go fishing and waited for a few minutes and cancelled the activity since no fishing rods are available for rent so we went to pre-order dinner instead and head back to our respective rooms (garden view), these rooms are nicely located near the beach with front and back verandas. I suddenly discovered that my wallet is missing most of its money so naturally i told my friends about it since we have to pay for the pre-ordered dinner and immediately, they checked their wallets too just to find out sums of their money are missing too. Then we found out that the glass sliding doors (at the back) can be opened from outside even if its locked from the inside. In other words, we were robbed and the robber's possible entry was thru the back sliding door. The worst part of this, the manager attempted to make it seem that we are fully liable for the losses where in fact they knew about the sliding door problem and never told us about it. No apologies were made by the manager who was so unbecoming with her approach. A total headache. We went to san antonio police to report what happened to us and we discovered that 3 weeks prior to this, there was a report filed with the very same incident as ours - robbed guests and sliding doors problems and the most recent was a week ago from one of their hotel rooms which is supposedly more secured since its only accessible through the lobby. There are no cctvs working within the vicinity. In the previous incidents the police instructed them to fix their sliding doors so the robbing incident would be prevented but they never really bothered to fix so unfortunately we became the next victim of their neglect (and perhaps an inside job) and they do not wish or intend to compensate what we lost including the hassle we went through. Very bad experience from the robbery and very unkind dealings with the manager.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
18 Thank SunSandBeach80123
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went to Punta de Uian last April 2011 for our annual holy week vacation to relax and rejuvenate, and we were not disappointed. It's worth the long trip. The staff are very accommodating and the resort was very clean. The rooms are spacious and strategically located that you will get a scenic view in your veranda, from whatever room you are in. Their food was great, and they have this fish pond that they offer the guest to fish their own dinner. It was really fun especially when we got the big tilapia. I am not so happy with the beach though, but the swimming pools are nice and clean. A little small though especially during the peak season.

Overall, I will be recommending this place to my friend and if we will have enough time (and strength) to travel, I will definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank tobie1019
Makati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our company went there for our summer outing. I was not able to check the rooms or other amenities as we arrived there at around 9:30 am and left at 6:00 pm.

I enjoyed the scenery and I had a great time taking pictures. Several islands are nearby. I asked one of the staff how much it will cost to go island hopping. He said it is only 1000 for five people and it is up to us to decide how many hours we will go island hopping. He said the best time to go island hopping is early morning. It's a reasonable price. Unfortunately, we can't stay overnight and my office mates have work the following day. I am planning to go back there soon to explore the islands nearby.

I have several observations that the resort management should address. The resort lacks restrooms and changing rooms. We had to fall in line and wait for our turn in changing our clothes because there is only one restroom nearby.

Another problem is the low water pressure of the showers. You will have to take a shower for a very long time to get rid of the sand that sticks to your body.

I also saw dog waste at the beach. It's quite disgusting and I imagine what will happen if someone accidentally steps on it. If that would happen to me, I would raise hell. The staff should not allow animals to roam the beach.

Furthermore, the souvenir shop lacks items to sell. I wanted to buy shirts or mementos but they have limited designs and crafts. Also, there was no receptionist or staff in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Franztraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pundaquit
Mangrove Resort Hotel
#1 of 2 in Subic
Treasure Island Resort
Treasure Island Resort
#5 of 18 in Olongapo

Been to Punta de Uian Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!