“Terrible experience”

Punta de Uian Resort & Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pundaquit
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Me and my friends checked in there at around 4:00pm and when we got in, it was pleasant. The staff are nice and accommodating. After checking in, we decided to go fishing and waited for a few minutes and cancelled the activity since no fishing rods are available for rent so we went to pre-order dinner instead and head back to our respective rooms (garden view), these rooms are nicely located near the beach with front and back verandas. I suddenly discovered that my wallet is missing most of its money so naturally i told my friends about it since we have to pay for the pre-ordered dinner and immediately, they checked their wallets too just to find out sums of their money are missing too. Then we found out that the glass sliding doors (at the back) can be opened from outside even if its locked from the inside. In other words, we were robbed and the robber's possible entry was thru the back sliding door. The worst part of this, the manager attempted to make it seem that we are fully liable for the losses where in fact they knew about the sliding door problem and never told us about it. No apologies were made by the manager who was so unbecoming with her approach. A total headache. We went to san antonio police to report what happened to us and we discovered that 3 weeks prior to this, there was a report filed with the very same incident as ours - robbed guests and sliding doors problems and the most recent was a week ago from one of their hotel rooms which is supposedly more secured since its only accessible through the lobby. There are no cctvs working within the vicinity. In the previous incidents the police instructed them to fix their sliding doors so the robbing incident would be prevented but they never really bothered to fix so unfortunately we became the next victim of their neglect (and perhaps an inside job) and they do not wish or intend to compensate what we lost including the hassle we went through. Very bad experience from the robbery and very unkind dealings with the manager.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
18  Thank SunSandBeach80123

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went to Punta de Uian last April 2011 for our annual holy week vacation to relax and rejuvenate, and we were not disappointed. It's worth the long trip. The staff are very accommodating and the resort was very clean. The rooms are spacious and strategically located that you will get a scenic view in your veranda, from whatever room you are in. Their food was great, and they have this fish pond that they offer the guest to fish their own dinner. It was really fun especially when we got the big tilapia. I am not so happy with the beach though, but the swimming pools are nice and clean. A little small though especially during the peak season.

Overall, I will be recommending this place to my friend and if we will have enough time (and strength) to travel, I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank tobie1019
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our company went there for our summer outing. I was not able to check the rooms or other amenities as we arrived there at around 9:30 am and left at 6:00 pm.

I enjoyed the scenery and I had a great time taking pictures. Several islands are nearby. I asked one of the staff how much it will cost to go island hopping. He said it is only 1000 for five people and it is up to us to decide how many hours we will go island hopping. He said the best time to go island hopping is early morning. It's a reasonable price. Unfortunately, we can't stay overnight and my office mates have work the following day. I am planning to go back there soon to explore the islands nearby.

I have several observations that the resort management should address. The resort lacks restrooms and changing rooms. We had to fall in line and wait for our turn in changing our clothes because there is only one restroom nearby.

Another problem is the low water pressure of the showers. You will have to take a shower for a very long time to get rid of the sand that sticks to your body.

I also saw dog waste at the beach. It's quite disgusting and I imagine what will happen if someone accidentally steps on it. If that would happen to me, I would raise hell. The staff should not allow animals to roam the beach.

Furthermore, the souvenir shop lacks items to sell. I wanted to buy shirts or mementos but they have limited designs and crafts. Also, there was no receptionist or staff in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Franztraveler
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Our group of 90 went to Punta de Uian for our summer outing and we are so thankful for choosing the no. 1 resort in Pundaquit! The duplex was neat, beautiful and spacious for every group of eight. Some of us stayed in the hotel rooms which have comfy beds. We were happy to have arranged island hopping as our main activity while in the resort because there is not much to do while in the resort. The swimming pools needed more cleaning, and they are not too strict with what one wears on the pool. There is no spa but you may request a massage in your room for 600/hour. Food tastes good and the portions are ok and if you need more you can always go back for second helping. Water pressure need to be increased in the bathrooms. Coffee and bottled water should be added as amenities for the rooms. Towels are clean and looking new!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank J0celine
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The place was very nice but the staffs are terrible. The food servers are some kinda' dumb or its just that they don't know what they're doing. You're on a fine dining but the servers are like those on a eatery in a market.The chambermaids are weird, they keep on looking at you and it seems that they're talking about you but when you ask for something to them, they seemed just get up from sleep and annoyed, as if they don't want to be disturbed. Then the other staffs keeps on staying at the reception, it feels awkward when you're talking to the receptionist and then there is this snoop that keeps on watching you and when you look at them, they will give you a grin and when the receptionist ask for help to them they will all vanish!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank Erika_14936
Reviewed January 15, 2012

A family member recommended this place and we still inviting them for dinners.... I wish the owner and the management hear this, first the swimming pool is filthy water needs to be filtered and add more chlorine. Secondly the lights on the hallway are lit poorly, the switch is about 10-20 feet away from the outside. Third the door knobs are not secured either its been rusted from sea water(owner`s reason) or deliberately dented so can be easily access. Fourth the balcony sliding door are hard to lock down, One of the guest had broken into when the robber was still inside escaping luckily no one was hurt. Fifth NO TELEPHONES!!! what if someone had an emergency and there`s no way to call the front desk?

There's still a few issue like stray cats and dogs, roaches and sewer smell in the bathroom.
The staff are very nice, helpful and polite. I will come back again but until the owner and the management maintain the property securely and functionality I will just be reading again and again all these negative comments.... Nice place but needs upgrades and well maintenance

Room Tip: Make sure all the doors are lock before you go to bed. Pets are not allowed but stray pets mingle wi...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank xcalibur69
Reviewed January 8, 2012

All rooms are dirty, washrooms are dirty, swimming pools are dirty and the place are not secured. We moved to a different room because they can open our room easily even we locked our room. And the switch to the hallway of our room is outside the hallway and that is so stupid.No hot water. Sliding doors of the suite is broken and they can't even fix it. They just leave it that way. One of the guest lost her money while she was gone because someone entered her room. They called the police and we heard that the theft entered through the sliding door at the back of each suites.The owner is very rude. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. TERRIBLE HOTEL!!!
THIS HOTEL IS SCARY!!!!

Room Tip: There is no good room. No hot water. Can not lock the sliding doors at the balcony..
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank Flo N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pundaquit
Rama International Beach Resort
#2 of 3 in Subic
Treasure Island Resort
Treasure Island Resort
#4 of 18 in Olongapo

Been to Punta de Uian Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!