“Excellent holiday! Will return here at some point!”
Review of Presidente Hotel

Presidente Hotel
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Presidente! Very welcoming staff, Emma on reception was really helpful (who I learned has worked there for quite a number of years). The entertainment staff were great, excellent kids club (I have never wanted to put my children in kids club, but they begged to go!) A lovely room dedicated to their activities, which is lovely and cool and great for keeping them out of the sun for an hour or two. Lovely swimming pools, nice accommodation, lovely food. Stunning views over beautiful beaches. Unfortunately a walk down quite a steep and unforgiving hill to the beach, which is difficult for those with walking difficulties. A lovely weekly market outside the hotel (which is unusual for a resort with a small number of hotels and apartments) Medical facilities on site which was handy as one of my children suffered an ear infection. I loved the area, unspoiled, great swimming in the sea. In fact I would consider moving to the area if I could persuade the rest of my family to come with me! We made lots of friends during our stay here! We travelled here some time ago (before the September 11 option that is the furthest back I seem to be able to log) so things may have changed but I really felt the need to comment on this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Shayp35
There are newer reviews for Presidente Hotel

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Recently returned from 2 weeks at this hotel with wife and 11 year old grand-daughter.
Holiday booked with Thomson/First Choice. Flight / Transfers / Check in all fine. First meal excellent . Location fine - the hill gets steeper towards the end of 2 weeks. After our first evening meal we went for a walk and check our bearings. Decided to return to the hotel to watch the show and have an earlyish night after a long day. Went to the bar and ordered a "pint" - told that beer was only served in the plastic 0.2L containers. This might be O.K. if you are all inclusive but I wasn't prepared to pay the price for these miniatures !!!! We went back down to the resort. There are some nice bars overlooking the bay and also Del Boy's and Vincent's. We didn't spend a single evening in the hotel so cannot comment on the entertainment. None of the advertised shows really "grabbed you".Why spend money on entertainers if you have a "captive" audience? When you return to the hotel from 11.30 p.m. it is like a ghost town. The "all inclusive" drinks finish at 11 p.m. and people have to get up early to reserve their sun beds !!!!! It was a feature of our stay that the sun beds were 100% reserved and less than 50% occupied. Apparently there was a mad rush at 8.30 a.m. to reserve a sun bed even if you didn't intend to use them !!!!!
Fortunately the beaches and sea are brilliant. It is worth buying a mask and snorkel - it's like swimming in an aquarium. We enjoyed our holiday in Portinatx but spent very little time in the Presidente. The rooms are basic but serve the purpose . The beach towel scheme is very good. This hotel seems to fit the bill for all-inclusive holidaymakers who do not wish to leave the complex but there is something missing if you are not !!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SouthWalesRichard
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have just returned from a one week stay at the Presidente Hotel.
Good Bits:
*The Reps were great and loved by the children. They did a performance of Cinderalla on our last night and the kids loved it! Also a well thoughout programme for the children to attend during the day which gave us a chance to relax.
* The Splashpool was great for our two children (aged 5) they would both have been happy to play there all day if they had been left to their own devices.
* The two small beaches were nice and water clear - yes there is a hill but nothing too bad at all.Might be a bit of a struggle if you are older or have any breathing difficulties but if you take it slow you shoud be okay and its a great way to work of some of the food from the buffet :o)
* The Air Con was free and which was good as some hotels do charge for this although we dod have to pay £20 to use the fridge.
* Room was basic but cleaned beautifully every day.

The Bad Bits:
* The pool area was way too small for the size of the hotel.
* Many of the sun-loungers were broken and very, very old.
* Some of the bar staff were incredibly unfriendly and down right rude on occassion.
* The small disposable plastic cups they served drinks in were the size of water cups which was pointless. They insisted on putting two large ice cubes in each cup for most drinks so there was hardly any liquid in there. It got quite tedious after a while. I have stayed in quite a few all inclusive hotels and have never come across this before.
*The buffet was hit and miss and there was a serious lack of choice for children unless they live off chips or pasta!
* I asked if I could have a real glass to take to the room and some ice and I was told that the management would not allow it - another first!

In summary the reps did a great job and the splashpool and location are the only saving grace for this hotel. It needs to have some serious money spent on updating the outside (as this is were holiday makers spend most of their day). There is potentail to make the adult only area really nice but it looks like a large white bus shelter. Also, the chef could do with some tips on food compinations and the preperation of vegetables (often they were served up deep fried in batter!)

I hope you find this review helpful. We are the sort of people who make the best of everything and I am very rarely negative about things.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room! The views are lovely
2  Thank Fergieburger
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Hotel is in a lovely location, close toa fantastic beach. When we first arrived we were surprised by the room; it was smaller than expected and the steel framed beds gave it a prison feel. it was clean and well air-conditioned. All inclusive drinks at the hotel came in tiny plastic cups, ridiculous to serve beer in. Food was fine. Staff overall gave the impression of being grumpy. wouldn't go back

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have just had 2 weeks all inclusive at the Hotel Presidente with my family 2 adults and 2 children age 11 & 8 years old. We also met some other family Members again 2 adults and 2 children aged 8 and 5. The Positives are..Fantastic Thomson Reps, Oh My Gosh Josh, Ditsy Danielle , Minty Moo and Tip Top Tom to name a few and all other Thomson Reps were always around to help ....Tea time live was fab and my kids loved it especially Thomson the Dog (my daughters favorite)..
The rooms (family) were on the small side and basic but cleaned daily , Generally Hotel was always clean and Most staff were polite. A great Member of the team was "Nacho" who done all sports at the hotel, like Football, archery, shooting also very polite and friendly and entertaining ..Good Work ..
The Hotel is in a fantastic Location , views superb , The short walk to the beaches were steep but worth it beaches lovely and sea clear. We did the Glass Bottom boat trip which was excellet and great value, 1 hr trip for around 10 euros per Adult and 5 euros for children ..The only Thomson trip we did was the Catamaran cruise which was expensive,but we enjoyed it ...My husband and Son went Kayacking on the small local beach, again great value for money round 10 euros for an Hour ....
Swimming pool was always clean but probably a little small for size of hotel, excellent splash area , which kids of all ages enjoyed.
Negatives .....Sunbeds were mostly broken or in poor condition so every day people would be searching for the ones that worked.Parasols were bolted together to stop the top half flying off however this caused them to fall over especially when windy ..Plastic cups for drinks was great for around the pool area with kids but Bigger cups would be better as very small and it would of been nice to have proper glasses especially in the evening. Entertainment after Tea Time live and bingo was a little Hit and Miss..so could be improved. The food was Ok However did lack variety. Very limiting choices for children unless you like chips or pasta.
Would I go back, Yes think I would if these small improvements were made. A holiday is what you make it and we did have a great time .

Room Tip: Higher Floors better
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just spent a week there with wife and 6 year old daughter. Brief review - hotel dated but clean and tidy so is fine. Food pretty standard fare. We were half board and ate out 4 evenings of the 7, but only because we liked to be out on the beach until later and dinner finished at 8:30. Not much choice on the buffet though but all safe and well cooked. I suggest the reviewers talking about for poisoning must have got it somewhere else.

Pool too small and cramped for size of hotel but beach lovely. They should ban the reserving of sun beds by selfish guests who reserve at 7am andy then don't use until much later. A very bad point.

The walk to the beach - yes it is a hill, but only short and I would suggest that reviewers who say it is to steep and far need to actually do a bit of exercise once in a while. We never struggled with it, but I guess some of (a lot of..) the guests were hauling a bit too much excess baggage up the hill (and I don't mean beach clobber lol...).

So, decent value, safe and clean. It is a noisy family hotel, so if you go there expecting the Maldives..well, durrr....it is not.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back, not a sea or pool view - a bit quieter I think.
3  Thank Chris P
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Well what can I say, I have just returned home from a week stay in the Presidente Hotel and loved every minute of it! I just want to say a huge Thankyou to all of the Thomson staff who work really hard & are always there ready to help. I want to say a special thanks to Josh who was just fabulous, along with Ditsy Danielle & tip top Tom. Without all of the staffs help my holiday wouldn't have been the same!!

I would highly recommend the hotel to all and ignore all the other reviews! The place is FAB!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
#1 of 8 in Port de Sant Miguel
Hotel Playasol Cala Tarida
Hotel Playasol Cala Tarida
#2 of 4 in Cala Tarida

Been to Presidente Hotel? Share your experiences!