“A hidden jewel in St Joan.”
Review of The Giri Cafe

The Giri Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Born from our passion for food, design and all things beautiful, we invite you to experience The Giri Café. A perfect location, nestled within the walls of a 300 year old townhouse and opening out onto a dreamy, sun-drenched garden; it’s hard to imagine a more idyllic spot to enjoy the finer things in life.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were staying in a private rented house in the hills above St Joan and decided to head into town the morning after our arrival for breakfast, prior to stocking up at the supermarket with provisions for our stay.

We came across the apparently tiny Giri Cafe completely by accident, had an excellent breakfast there. Only when we went to leave did we discover how much more there was to the place!

It is a deceptively large and beautiful restaurant, run by a great team that sells delicious food made from local and home grown produce.

We returned twice for dinner during our stay and on both occasions we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, met interesting people and had wonderful meals.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was also a guest at the pre-wedding dinner on 28 September and the food was the best I had in my 2 weeks on the island, despite the challenges of cooking for such a large group simultaneously. It was an inventive, stunningly fresh and thoughtfully put together menu.

What made the evening extra-special was the team at Giris, who were relaxed yet attentive and genuinely couldn't do enough to make sure the event went well. It felt like being welcomed to an old friends home.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was a guest at the pre wedding dinner for Mrs AKAK. It was absolutely fantastic. The food served to over 50 guests was very fresh, original and full of the most wonderful flavour combinations. The staff were very friendly and charming and looked after us all wonderfully. There was a massive storm during the evening but nothing could dampen the wonderful warm atmosphere. The following day at the wedding many of the guests were discussing the delicious food from the Cafe Giri. It could not have been a more perfect start to an amazing weekend. Thank you to all at the Cafe Giri

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was most excited to find the Giri Cafe quite by chance when passing through Sant Joan on a reconnaissance mission looking for some where to have dinner the night before my Wedding. From the front entrance it looks like a charming Cafe, then you step inside and flow through a beautifully designed restaurant and out to a tranquil garden where produce included on the menu is growing. Immediately relaxed and tempted I decided to stay and dine. A table was organised and once the food arrived I had decided this was the perfect location, it hit the bill for everything - great ambience, delicious food, friendly service and an elegant setting. A moment later the owner came to chat with me and the plan began to hatch. Five months later I arrived with all my guests for an evening we shall treasure forever. The service was fantastic and the team even helped to organise a spanish guitarist whilst the guests enjoyed cocktails and canapés outside. We then moved indoors to sit at beautifully laid tables for the most delectable diner. It was a pleasure working with the team before hand to come up with the perfect menu to accommodate everyone for the evening. The food is fresh, locally grown where possible, full of flavour and presented beautifully. Now I just need to come up with an excuse to make the journey from Australia back to the Giri Cafe.

1  Thank MRS-AKAK
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We visited Giri Cafe after seeing a review on Ibiza Spotlight. On our arrival we were made to feel very welcome and we were very impressed with the stylish way the restaurant and the gardens were designed. The cocktails were the best we have ever had and the food was wonderful. Every thing was beautifully presented and tasted so fresh. We were a group of five adults and one small baby. A bossa nova band was playing which made the evening even more special. Looking forward to going back to Giri Cafe next summer.