“Brilliant”

The Bronte Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Morpeth B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2013

A weekend escape at Bronte Guesthouse is a great way to explore the historic town of Morpeth. A very comfortable home away from home with lots of nice little touches of luxurious comfort that made us feel very spoilt. Hosts Lisa and Nigel provide an awesome breakfast on the balcony overlooking the main street and Hunter River. This place ticks all the boxes.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gary O

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We spent two mid week nights with good friends in the two king size bed 'Hunter & Garden suite rooms'.
The first impression was that the gardens and exterior needed maintenance. Unfortunately the council were in the process of upgrading the street right outside the Bronte Guest House, which made the Hunter room noisy.
That apart, nothing was too much trouble for Lisa, Nigel and Kerrie. On our booking we asked Lisa to arrange a Hunter wine tour. She chose Rover Wine Tours who provided an outstanding full day tour.
We can only say "wow" as to how great the breakfast was. Nothing was too much trouble.
Would recommend Bronte as B&B

Room Tip: Both king size rooms were good. The Hunter room had a nice balcony and the Garden room had a nice lo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ollie30955
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Gorgeous renovated and decorated historic guest house! Right in the middle of the buzzing township. Short stroll to everywhere! Warm, friendly, welcoming hospitality! Delicious home cooked breakky enjoyed on the balcony overlooking town and river.
Super comfortable! Highly recommended!!!
Thanks Lisa and Nigel! :)
Nicole

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Nicole A
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We spent two nights recently at Morpeth which is an historic village on the Hunter River just outside Maitland. The Bronte Guesthouse is a gem! Delicious breakfast, comfortable beds and friendly helpful staff. Good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Leigjen
Reviewed May 23, 2013

A quick phone call to the owners on my arrival had me inside the premises and the owner arrived a few minutes later. I had the choice of 2 rooms and picked the queen size. Very comfortable with a lot of character, including chocolates!

This is a 2 story guesthouse with what appeared to be livingrooms downstairs and most of the bedrooms with ensuites upstairs.

I was initially concerned with the noise from other guests on the creaky staircase but after 8pm I never heard another noise.

My other brief moment of concern was when I could not unlock my door whilst inside the room. It was an old fashioned lock and key and was almost at the point of ringing the owners when I heard the joyful click of the lock. After that it was simple to do and I was greatly relieved that I had not embarrassed myself with a rescue call.

Breakfast the next morning was served on the sunny balcony over looking the town and countryside. Good menu choice -I had fresh fruit and yogurt, French toast with banana and bacon and a pot of tea - just lovely!

Would definitely stay here again and might even suggest it to a small group of friends!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful wonderful four night stay at Bronte Guest House. I travelled there for work and it was pure bliss to arrive back at the guest house at the end of a long day and sit in one of the two guest rooms enjoying a glass of red or a drop of their complimentary port.

The accommodation is great – Bronte Guest House was actually the original house of Soul Pattinson, the pharmacist, so it is steeped in history. The guest house has been beautifully maintained and has lost none of its heritage charm, but with some modern touches in the furnishings.

Our hosts, Julie and Nigel, couldn’t have done more for our party. From Nigel’s fabulous cooked breakfasts every day to Julie ensuring that everything was perfect. No request is too much – on hearing that I liked reds Nigel recommended some to me and even bought them for me as I couldn’t get away from work – when I arrived home that night there was a box of red waiting for me.

I had not travelled to Morpeth before and was amazed at the history of the place, the home of Brambles transport, Arnotts, Soul Pattinson and AMP

I really liked the fact that Julie and Nigel do not reside onsite, but live a few doors away. It means that when you are in the guest house you can treat it as your own home – and what a home.

Another plus was the walking distance for dinner – the pub on the corner is only 50 metres from doorstep to doorstep and serves really good meals.

And there is a great cheese shop between the pub and the guest house.

There are five fashion boutiques in the main street – my favourite was Princess Bazaar. So I can thoroughly recommend a visit to Morpeth and a pampered stay at Bronte Guest House.

Tania Waterhouse,
Judges Associate

Room Tip: My favourite room was the Hunter Room - although slightly smaller than some, it has a beautiful terr...
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here at the end of a regional sales trip - as a sales rep I decided to spoil myself and stay in this lovely part of the hunter instead of maitland. It's close enough to maitland for work purposes yet far enough away to feel like a holiday, away from the hussle. The rooms are wonderful and the breakfast was a real treat. On arrival I was given the run down on the local restaurants and I loved the local pub for a really good quality home style meal. Bronte Guestshouse really felt like a home away from home with a lovely heritage ambience, yet a modern feel as well. I will try and stay here whenever I am anywhere near the area.

Room Tip: I had the garden room, which is at the back and I enjoyed hearing the birds each morning intead of t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morpeth
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Grapevines Boutique Accomodation
Lochinvar House B&B
Lochinvar House B&B
#1 of 2 in Lochinvar

Been to The Bronte Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!