“End of Winter beauty!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morpeth
Merridy's at Morpeth Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Morpeth B&B and Inns
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“End of Winter beauty!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We recently stayed over night at Merridy's in the Gold Room.
Not often is it that we stay in a B&B and I have to say from the moment we arrive until we departed the experience was first class.
Merridy is a gem, she really goes out of her way to make you feel welcome and the Gold room was beyond expectations. A lovely comfortable room presented in a terrific manner.
Breakfast was first class, no lunch necessary after that.
Well done Merridy, we will be back for another visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
merridy19, Owner at Merridy's at Morpeth Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
September feel like only yesterday. We were so pleased you enjoyed your stay and it goes without saying that you are more than welcome to return. Thankyou so much for making the effort to write the review Michael and I are both grateful

Merridy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked Merridy's Bed and Breakfast for a girls weekend in Morpeth for our book club. We LOVED our stay with Merridy's. She was welcoming and helpful from the very first phone call. The house was beautifully furnished and immaculate.
We felt so at home for our entire trip - the breakfasts were delicious ,and we got great tips about where to go, and places to eat and shop. I can't recommend her BnB highly enough. We were close enough for day trip to the vineyards and the Hunter valley gardens.
Thank you Merridy and Michael for a a relaxing and wonderful long weekend. We hope to come back again soon!!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
merridy19, Owner at Merridy's at Morpeth Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I'm so pleased that you all had a fun time. I must admit that it was very pleasant to hear you all chatting , laughing and clearly enjoying each others company.
Thankyou for your kind words and I was only too happy to play my part in making your weekend a success
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a lovely stay at Merridy's B&B. The room was beautiful. Light airy and spotlessly clean. Merridy was an excellent host. Breakfast was yummy. Despite the cold weather we were nice and warm. Thanks you !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Avril2020
merridy19, Owner at Merridy's at Morpeth Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hi there

So sorry for not responding to your review earlier. It's almost 2 months since you visited us and I really do appreciate the fact that you made the effort to post a review. So thankyou very much. I was pleased to hear that you were warm and snug despite the winter weather. We have been busy in the garden and look forward to spring when the roses will bloom and sitting on the front verandah in the sun will be a delight.

Keep well and happy

Sydney
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We spent two wonderful nights at Merridy's over the long weekend in the Silver room. We've stayed at many bnb's over the years and this is an absolute gem!

Merridy is a warm and welcoming host and nothing was too much trouble! She had great knowledge of the local area, suggested some fantastic eateries, and lent us some fascinating books to read on the history of the Morpeth and surrounds! As for her breakfasts - absolutely divine!!!!

The bnb itself is gorgeous - immaculate, warm and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, the heater kept us nice and warm through the night. There was a great selection of books, games and dvds to watch, which was great! However, amenities aside, it's the attention to detail that makes Merridy's even more special - from the complementary port and chocolates to tea being presented on a silver platter in antique teapots. It's absolutely charming and made for a very special weekend. High recommended - we will absolutely be back again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank belsi
merridy19, Owner at Merridy's at Morpeth Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
What an absolute gem of a review.
I do apologise for my tardy response especially given the glowing nature of your comments the least I could do is say thankyou.
I was pleased as always that your 2 day break was so enjoyable and that I was able to contribute to that experience in some way.
It's also very gratifying when people appreciate the effort we make with regard to the "little things"
Thankyou so much

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have stayed at Merridy's on two occasions in both the Gold and the Silver rooms. Merridy and Michael are wonderful hosts and nothing is too much trouble. The attention to detail is evident , the rooms are beautiful and the breakfast is sumptuous.Town is just a quick stroll away and coming back to my luxurious room a real treat. I will be back again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alexandria J
merridy19, Owner at Merridy's at Morpeth Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hi Alexandria

It was clear to me that you had a great time in Morpeth and I would have to say that you appear to be an excellent shopper! I have never seen so many shopping bags! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks so much for your affirming and positive comments and I hope we can continue to be nurturing.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had a lovely stay for one night in the Gold Room - so luxurious! Merridy was very welcoming and helpful, and had some books about Morpeth's history ready for me to look at, knowing that I was doing some family history while there. I slept very well and the cooked breakfast was delicious! Thanks Merridy.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
merridy19, Owner at Merridy's at Morpeth Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hi Janine

Many thanks for your warm review. I hope that the rest of your trip was successful and that you were able track done more of your relatives. I just heard last weekend that a chap called Troy will be taking folk on history tours of Morpeth in near future. It seems like a great idea to me and he is extremely knowledgeable. We would love to have you stay again so if you're ever up this way do call in

Maraylya, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Most people don't know that Morpeth once rivalled Newcastle as a commercial hub and trading port. Neither did we until we decided to explore this hidden treasure. Merridy's cottage was the perfect base for our exploration of the town.
We spent two nights at this very comfortable cottage in the Gold room. The room was perfect with plenty of space, an enormous king bed and was well appointed with some lovely antique furniture.
Our hosts, Merridy and Michael couldn't have done more to make our stay a special one. The sumptuous breakfast was an ideal preparation for a day of exploring and meandering around the town.
We'd highly recommend Merridy's at Morpeth for anyone with an interest in Australian history looking for a relaxing weekend.
We'll definitely return to this little gem!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Kath and David

Thanks so much for your kind review. It was so good to see you enjoying the history of Morpeth and the surrounding area. I was also glad that you also managed to see our Maitland Art gallery
There really is something for everyone in this village.

I appreciate that it takes some effort to write a review and Michael and I are grateful Perhaps some day we will visit us again.

Merridy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morpeth
Quest Maitland
The Bronte Boutique Hotel
Morpeth Lodge Motel
Morpeth Lodge Motel
#1 of 1 in Raworth

Been to Merridy's at Morpeth Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!