“Clean up your act!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This restaurant has a great location & views of the river but if the current owners think that is enough to trade on they are making a mistake. The food was actually reasonably well presented & tasty & good value for money. HOWEVER, the 'gentleman' who took our order without any stirring of interest or enthusiasm, presented our orders by first placing my friends drink & after, the meal, then reaching across to place mine, barely missing draping his shirt sleeve in her food. A shirt, incidentally that was stained & none too clean looking. Two more steps & he would have been able to place each plate correctly & without risk of contamination.
I will certainly not go back to this place nor recommend it. Morpeth has quite a few eateries & I will try those. Pity, it could be great.

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Well being a chef u look at specific things 1. They really need to do I nice clean eg all spiderwebs on the roof and all the flys 2. The food was ok but they need to make a statement so people come back and modernise the presentation and dont stew the lamb in the salad get your pan hot hot hot to seal in those wonderful lamb juices. Service was great love quick service and they had a joke with me which I liked!!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Listened while the owner b*tched and whinged to his staff about us ordering coffee and toast on a public holiday. Considering we got there early in the morning, we didn't want to be a burden. I could have understood (perhaps) if they were flat out - but they were lucky we were even there because no one else was either... wonder why? Oh, and watch for the plates to be 'thrown' across the table at you instead of handed to you... I get they were upset but sooooo unprofessional

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This place made me sick. Food tasted odd, within hours I was ill. It was overpriced and not worth my time!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stopped here for breakfast with my son on Wednesday. I was the only one in the cafe the menu was thruster in my face and my order taken straight away, I was not given time to read over the menu. I ordered the scrambled eggs when they came out they were dry, overcooked and the bread was lathered in soo much better it was indelible. I ended up leaving my money on the counter as there was no one around to take my money. There are many nice cafes it Morpeth I would give this one a miss.