See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2015

There were 5 of us adults and two toddlers, so the 3 bedrooms did for us, with one 2yr.old sleeping with his parents in the ample king size bed, and the other one, sleeping with his mum in the double bed.
Cottage was lovely and clean, with a complimentary bottle of local wine, which was a nice surprise and well appreciated.
There was an a/con in the lounge room, but but was hot the day we arrived, and we had to leave the bedroom doors open to get the benefit of cold air. Maybe a ceiling fan in the bedrooms, would solve that problem?
The t.v. echoed through the bedrooms, even though we had the volume very low.
A nice touch was the iPod docking stations in all the bedrooms, the basket of toiletries, again in all the bedrooms, and a spa bath in one of the bathrooms, complete with candles.
Double shower heads for those wanting to share the shower!
Also, Weber b.b.cue in verandah.
Kangaroos were seen at the back, and a dam in the front , and lots of space for children to run around.

Room tip: Three cottages to choose from
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2014

I booked a cabin for two nights for my partner's birthday weekend and I am so glad I chose Cottages on Lovedale. It was peaceful and quiet, and so very relaxing. We loved having the wood provided for us to be able to lit a fire and keep warm.

I booked and paid for one-bedroom which means the remaining two rooms and additional bathroom in the cottage were locked. We still had access to the rest of the cottage and it really felt like we were at home.

Everything we incredibly clean and well presented. The modern appliances were great. The bathroom, with double headed shower, was perfect. Not to mention the spa bath!

We loved going for a walk in the paddock around the property and enjoyed sipping wine on the balcony out the front.

The location is fantastic! With the new Hunter Expressway, it was so quick to get back to Sydney on Sunday afternoon. The Lovedale wineries were all so close, and Pokolbin is just around the corner.

We would recommend Leaves and Fishes for dinner - literally just up the road!

This would be the perfect place to bring the entire family and extended family because there are THREE three-bedroom cottages and you could potentially rent them all for the weekend!

We will be back!

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina J
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We booked two cottages as I was getting married that weekend. The cottages were spacious and comfortable with pretty surrounds. It was a nice and quiet location. The kitchen was spacious with plenty of breakfast food provided in the fridge. It was the perfect place for me and my bridesmaids to get ready for the wedding, the cottage looked beautiful in all the photos and provided a perfect backdrop for all the pre-wedding shots. We had our makeup done out on the verandah and it was so peaceful looking out to the countryside.

Would definitely consider staying here again!

Date of stay: March 2014