We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Lovedale, Hunter Valley for 4 days in September 2010. We stayed in a self contained 2 Bedroom villa backing onto the golf course. The villa was beautifully appointed and clean. Bedrooms were spacious and the beds very comfortable. Villa also had a kitchenette and large living area. THere was four of us staying in the villa but never felt cramped at all. Breakfast at the Red Salt was included in our package and I can highly recommend it. Full buffet with heaps of options from freshly cooked omelettes to waffles made to order with fresh berries and double cream. Also had dinner there one night and found it very good although not a huge amount of choices on the menu. Had spa treatment including massage at the resort which was very relaxing (prices were a little high but you expect that at a resort). Our husbands played golf at the golf course on site, and although the course was in decent condition, said that it was fairly basic course and not much of a challenge. They played at Cypress Lakes the next day and enjoyed that golf course a lot more. Crowne Plaza is on the main road into Hunter Valley and easy to find (Although half the letters are missing from the entry which made it a bit of a challenge to decipher when we first arrived!) It is not far from Pokolbin which is more in the centre of the Hunter Valley attractions. Staff were always very helpful and professional as you would expect. Enjoyed our stay there very much, and hopefully will be back again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and golf course greens and framed by the rugged Brokenback Ranges, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley epitomises the best in award winning hospitality and deluxe accommodation. Just two hours drive north of Sydney and ideally located on Wine Country Drive, the hotel offers easy access to wineries and attractions and is the perfect place for a carefree break or stimulating meeting. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley offers deluxe king or twin rooms, spa suites and two and three bedroom self-contained villas, allowing plenty of room for you to relax. To complement your stay, why not enjoy our extensive range of on-site facilities? Rejuvenate your body at our Tea Tree Spa, reward your palate at one of our restaurants or bars, enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole golf course, or relax in the 25 metre outdoor heated pool. You can enjoy the full range of our on-site facilities while the kids are entertained by a selection of supervised kid-friendly activities in the on-site Water Dragons Club. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley's premier location and dedication to outstanding personal service has secured its reputation as the hotel of choice in the Hunter Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, IHG, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Lovedale