“Wonderful service”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lovedale
Perth
“Wonderful service”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The staff here were very quick to serve us at reception and even gave us an early check in as the room was clean and ready. We stayed in a villa and it was great. Nice view, very quiet, very clean, huge rooms. I have nothing bad to say about this stay at all. The Hunter Valley is beautiful, we were very happy with our stay here. We will be staying again at the same time next year that's for sure!

Room Tip: The villa's are fantastic if you have children or are travelling with another couple. There is e...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
David B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hi 0travel0

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

We strive to give great service to all of our guests and it makes me happy to read that we exceeded your expectations.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Once again, thank you for your review.

David Bark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed with friends in a 4 bedroom villa, was clean and tidy, had everything you needed. Large bathroom downstairs and bedroom upstairs had ensuite. Grounds tidy pool area fantastic. Only negative outdoor setting very dated and small for a large group, only 2 chairs and tiny table. Great starting point though to visit the beautiful Hunter Valley

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank nunawad
Hi nunawad

Thank you so much for your review of our resort.

While I am pleased with the good comments that you have kindly given us I truly value the commewnts regarding the ourdoor furniture as this gives us the opportunity to improve.

Once again, thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back soon hopefully.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The Crowne Plaza is a great choice for those visiting the Hunter Valley Region and who want to experience a high standard of accommodation at an affordable rate. The villas are the best choice as they provide ample room for families with all the amenities such as a full sized kitchen and fridge and a swimming pool.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
David B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hi Wanderlust C

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to give a great excperience to our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort for another good stay.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My new husband, family and friends stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley recently for my wedding. I have been dealing with them for the last 8 months roughly planning the accommodation for everyone. The communication was great and all the help prior to the wedding fantastic. I was advised all my instructions had been put into place. 2-3 months out from the wedding we had to add more villa accommodation for the immediate family due to an unforseen circumstance with our original contracted accommodation. This also went very smoothly in the prior arrangements until 5 weeks out from the wedding when I was advised the contracted wedding rates I had with Crowne would not be honoured and that we were to pay a sum nearly triple those prices. We paid these prices out of protest as we had no other alternative. A few of our party were staying extra days and checked in early that all went smoothly except for the cleaning of the rooms the bed sheets weren't changed even though we asked specifically for this to happen as the family were moving between rooms due to space issues. The beds were just made with the same linen and the rooms weren't vacuumed. When the Saturday came, the reception staff put some of my family in the wrong rooms, lost my maid of honours bag which she had to sort out on the Saturday night after the wedding, rang me on my wedding day as they were confused and couldn't find any bookings under my name, wouldn't give any of the wedding suppliers ie photographers and flower deliveries the room numbers for deliveries as it was a breach of privacy even though it had all been cleared prior that it is a wedding party and the room number is to be given out to whomever needed it. Myself who was staying at another property kept receiving these phone calls on my wedding day. Given all the prior planning and information that was relayed through event management staff this part of our day should have all went very smoothly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Mlugg
Dear Mlugg

Firstly thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley.

It is only via feedback that we are able to improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

We would love the opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail and request that you contact Cameron Speedie on 02 4991 0917 at your convenience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look foward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza last month for my husband's birthday break. Communication with the hotel wasn't great, I wrote them an email with questions regarding the booking along with some requests for my husband's birthday, I didn't hear from them for 4 days, until i had to personally ring the hotel to ask again. They did admit they did receive the email but somehow it just was 'put aside'. Not the best in customer service, and didn't leave much of a good impression for me prior to the stay.

The hotel itself was centrally located near all the major wineries. The room was ok, was sufficient. Pillows all smelled terrible from guest's oil from their hair, we had 6 in the room, and 4 had the same gross smell. You would think they would use a pillow protector and change that as well when they do the bedsheets. Makes me wonder if they even change the sheets at all between guests stays!

The pool as clean, large and excellent if you have young kids as 2/3 of the pool was only hip depth, so it was very safe, even for my 3 year old daughter. She enjoyed the pool tremendously, and lucky we were there during some 30+ degrees C heat!

Our room package came with breakfast - it was a great selection with cereals, toasts, pastries, an egg station, coffee station, juice station, fruits, and a good selection of hot food.

All in all it was a decent stay, but i may probably try another hotel next time I'm in the Hunter.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank DeDeChooi
David B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear DeDeChooi,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza at your recent visit to the Hunter Valley.

It is great to hear that you and the kids have enjoyed our resort style pool and facilities. Just so you know, the pool is actually heated for the cooler months ahead. Our breakfast offerings continuously receive positive feedback - the buffet really does offer a great variety to kick start the day.

We have shared your comments with our in-house reservations in regards to the below par communication levels prior to your stay. I apologise for the oversight of your email.
I was intrigued to hear that you sensed a smell in our pillows and I regret that you felt this way. I have past on your comments to our housekeeping department.

We appreciate that you took the time to provide us with valuable feedback.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Thinking of the good experience that I had a few years ago I made a reservation for a King delux room to secure two nights accommodation for me and my wife.
As a member of the IHG platinum I thought that we might have an upgrade but did not. Our room had wardrobe door hinges broken and fury fungus growing around light fittings. The mirrors were old and scraped in several parts and the furniture tired and worn.
We booked to dine at their main restaurant, Vista Lounge. My wife needed to have her dish re done and my meat was not as ordered. The table of two next to us sent their dish back for redoing as well.
The property was under construction work for garden upgrade making for a disrupt look.
I regret that unless dramatic changes are made I will be making other accommodation arrangements

Room Tip: Try a room overlooking pool, it is pretty at night with the blue lighting on.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CongiaEnterprises
David B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Hi CongiaEnterprises

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley. It is through feedback such as yours that we can improve for our valued guests and I was disappointed to read that your stay did not meet with your expectations on this occasion.

The issues you point out regarding the wardrobe and light fittings have been briefed and discussed with the housekeeping team to be rectified. Also, the mirrors are part of a maintenance upgrade plan and these are in the process of being replaced.

We are currently undergoing a very exciting new development at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley which is the construction of a purpose built Conference Centre and I do apologise that your outlook was disrupted during this construction.

Regarding your upgrade as an IHG platinum member we certainly do try to honour this but upgrades are subject to availability on your day of arrival. Unfortunately during your stay the hotel had high occupancy which did not allow us to upgrade you for this stay. Hopefully on your next stay there will be availability for an upgrade.

Once again, thank you for your review and we hope that this hasn’t put you off a return stay with us.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We didn't book a hotel before we reached Hunter Valley. There were many accommodations which were not suitable for us. However, we found this hotel along the road, it was easy to locate. The rooms were spacious, comfortable ,clean and fully facilitated. Dinner and entertainment were just walking distance. Lovely and quiet place! Definitely love this place and would come back again! :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
David B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Hi Chrissylovers and thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us.

It's great to read that you experienced a Perfect Getaway.

We are all very proud of our resort and facilities and I thank you again for your commets.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

David Bark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lovedale
Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley
Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
#10 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley? Share your experiences!