Really nice Villa interior and breakfast but the stay was let down by a few niggles.
Firstly the outdoor furniture was falling apart and the sticky (pointy) out ends could damage clothes. There also wasnt enough chairs for the occupants of the villa, ie 4. The lounger was stained.
The interior was clean and modern, but the walls between villa are a bit thin. At 1am I clearly heard the guy next door have a few choice swear words with his family before they settled back to sleep. not ideal.
Breakfast was better than expected. the egg station was a real winner for us and the food was hot and well made.
Checkout was a bit of a debacle. it seems you can do checkout 3 ways; deck, concierge, on the the steps out front. But no sign says this, and the steps guys and concierge were a little reluctant to offer the service. Be warned that If you do not go to the desk you are just doing a form style fast checkout, and as such they cant (wont?) check the bill to be sure you havent had someone else add their bar bill to your credit card, you would only find out about that much later. hmm...
All in all a good place to stay, but for the price it should really be better. If they fixed the few issues i highlighted I would rate it higher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and golf course greens and framed by the rugged Brokenback Ranges, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley epitomises the best in award winning hospitality and deluxe accommodation. Just two hours drive north of Sydney and ideally located on Wine Country Drive, the hotel offers easy access to wineries and attractions and is the perfect place for a carefree break or stimulating meeting. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley offers deluxe king or twin rooms, spa suites and two and three bedroom self-contained villas, allowing plenty of room for you to relax. To complement your stay, why not enjoy our extensive range of on-site facilities? Rejuvenate your body at our Tea Tree Spa, reward your palate at one of our restaurants or bars, enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole golf course, or relax in the 25 metre outdoor heated pool. You can enjoy the full range of our on-site facilities while the kids are entertained by a selection of supervised kid-friendly activities in the on-site Water Dragons Club. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley's premier location and dedication to outstanding personal service has secured its reputation as the hotel of choice in the Hunter Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Lovedale