I had the pleasure of staying at the Crowne Plaza in the Hunter Valley last year in November with my partner for our anniversary. From first contact when I called them to place a reservation to saying goodbye the morning after we left - it was a wonderful experience. I am a person who researches places I stay down to the tiniest details, so I had a lot of questions to ask when I made our booking. The man I spoke to was hugely helpful and patient - no request was too much. And when I told him it was for our anniversary he actually organised for a chilled bottle of sparkling wine to come up to our room.
When we first got there we were impressed. The whole property was beautiful and well-maintained, and in a very serene and quiet location. And our room was perfect. A huge, ridiculously comfortable King Bed, a very modern and well-appointed bathroom, and everything we could need.
We also went to the restaurant for dinner. The entrees we had (both the same one) were amazing. A caramelised onion and feta tart. Absolutely delicious. Both of our mains were unfortunately very very average (I had chicken coq au vin and had a million tiny splintery bones throughout in, and my partner had the cannolini). But our desserts were the real winner, because the lovely kitchen staff found out that it was our anniversary and presented my dessert with 'Happy Anniversary' written in chocolate sauce!
While we were there my partner and I also enjoyed a couples package at the day spa, which was soooo very relaxing. The room it was in was amazing, a huge spa to soak in before the massages and an adjoining bathroom with a double shower - and the massage and facial were very good. Although, my partner did have some back problems after that, and I'm not sure whether that had anything to do with the massage.
We also played some golf - which was *very* new to me, but it was a lot of fun. We enjoyed being able to partake in so many activities while we were in the one place.
Oh - and the buffet breakfast was excellent. We had slept in a little bit so we weren't massively hungry but everything I had was delicious. I'm just sorry I didn't get to try out the eggs station, as I would have loved to fit in eggs benedict.
It was the little touches, the above-and-beyond customer service, that made our night special. I have never stayed anywhere that made me feel so welcome. It is because of this experience that my now fiance and I are planning on staying at the Crowne Plaza in Surfers Paradise next week. Hopefully they are equally as good as this Crowne Plaza :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and golf course greens and framed by the rugged Brokenback Ranges, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley epitomises the best in award winning hospitality and deluxe accommodation. Just two hours drive north of Sydney and ideally located on Wine Country Drive, the hotel offers easy access to wineries and attractions and is the perfect place for a carefree break or stimulating meeting. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley offers deluxe king or twin rooms, spa suites and two and three bedroom self-contained villas, allowing plenty of room for you to relax. To complement your stay, why not enjoy our extensive range of on-site facilities? Rejuvenate your body at our Tea Tree Spa, reward your palate at one of our restaurants or bars, enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole golf course, or relax in the 25 metre outdoor heated pool. You can enjoy the full range of our on-site facilities while the kids are entertained by a selection of supervised kid-friendly activities in the on-site Water Dragons Club. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley's premier location and dedication to outstanding personal service has secured its reputation as the hotel of choice in the Hunter Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Lovedale