“The best experience”

Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lovedale
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Crowne Plaza in the Hunter Valley last year in November with my partner for our anniversary. From first contact when I called them to place a reservation to saying goodbye the morning after we left - it was a wonderful experience. I am a person who researches places I stay down to the tiniest details, so I had a lot of questions to ask when I made our booking. The man I spoke to was hugely helpful and patient - no request was too much. And when I told him it was for our anniversary he actually organised for a chilled bottle of sparkling wine to come up to our room.

When we first got there we were impressed. The whole property was beautiful and well-maintained, and in a very serene and quiet location. And our room was perfect. A huge, ridiculously comfortable King Bed, a very modern and well-appointed bathroom, and everything we could need.

We also went to the restaurant for dinner. The entrees we had (both the same one) were amazing. A caramelised onion and feta tart. Absolutely delicious. Both of our mains were unfortunately very very average (I had chicken coq au vin and had a million tiny splintery bones throughout in, and my partner had the cannolini). But our desserts were the real winner, because the lovely kitchen staff found out that it was our anniversary and presented my dessert with 'Happy Anniversary' written in chocolate sauce!

While we were there my partner and I also enjoyed a couples package at the day spa, which was soooo very relaxing. The room it was in was amazing, a huge spa to soak in before the massages and an adjoining bathroom with a double shower - and the massage and facial were very good. Although, my partner did have some back problems after that, and I'm not sure whether that had anything to do with the massage.

We also played some golf - which was *very* new to me, but it was a lot of fun. We enjoyed being able to partake in so many activities while we were in the one place.

Oh - and the buffet breakfast was excellent. We had slept in a little bit so we weren't massively hungry but everything I had was delicious. I'm just sorry I didn't get to try out the eggs station, as I would have loved to fit in eggs benedict.

It was the little touches, the above-and-beyond customer service, that made our night special. I have never stayed anywhere that made me feel so welcome. It is because of this experience that my now fiance and I are planning on staying at the Crowne Plaza in Surfers Paradise next week. Hopefully they are equally as good as this Crowne Plaza :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 18, 2013

WE had a 3 bedroom villa, which was very roomy and had 3 TV's , one in sitting room, and 2 in bedrooms. Only problem was no dishwasher! It was peaceful and quiet, and plenty to do, with tennis, golf, pool etc.

Room Tip: If a group--villas are great!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
David B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay

I am pleased to advise we have just commenced adding dishwashers to all our two and three bedroom Villas and should have this upgrade completed by the end of April

We are also replacing the lounge TV in the Villas with a large 46 inch TV in about 10 weeks time

We are committed to make the resort offering a great experience and to create that home away from home where everyone can relax and enjoy themselves

Kind Regards

David Bark

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had a last minute overnight stay here and had a fantastic time. Staff happily gave us early check in and late check out. We had a 3 bedroom villa for 3 aunts & 3 children, which was modern, clean and had great facilties (especially if you want to take/cook your own food). The pool was amazing, so family friendly with loads of shallow areas, large spa and lots of chairs/umbrellas. We would soooo stay here again, for longer next time.

Room Tip: Villas are spacious and give you the chance to be self sufficent
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MiddoRae

Thank you for your wonderful comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at our wonderful resort

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kind Regards

David Bark

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza during a recent visit to the hunter. When shopping around for hotels we found most seemed very over priced, but the plaza seemed quite reasonable. Upon arriving we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is set on beautiful grounds and is lovely inside and out with great facilities (particularly the large pool area), the staff are very friendly and accomodating. We were originally reluctant to eat in the restuarant due to bad reviews but due to bad weather decided we would check it out. Again, we were very pleasantly surprised. The food was excellently cooked. All round an fantastic experience!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura D
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We came up to overnight and attend a conference and the hotel is lovely. Nice big pool and well equipped gym. Lovely modern spaces and in the middle uf a golf course. Wife had a fantastic facial in spa. Had an incident in the restaraunt with a staff member not well suited to hospitality .... But won't rate down for that because everything else was perfect. Recommend

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Likegoodservive
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night and had a great stay. Staff were very pleasant and although we were only there for one night we would be happy to return. The pool area is nice with plenty of room for everyone.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Julesr_7
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We chose Crowne Plaza in the Hunter Valley as our first 2 night stopover on a road trip from Sydney to Brisbane .
It proved to be a good choice as the hotel room was clean and well maintained and even a bit larger than expected.
There was a large pool and huge well tendered grass areas outside and plenty of room to move.
It would suit families with children. The staff were efficient and friendly and the breakfast was great.
I liked the ‘crispy’ bacon section which is the way I prefer it.
The only negative was the outrageous charge for Internet use in the room at something like $27 per day.
This is obviously a scam to catch business travelers on expense accounts.
However, there was another option with the use of 4 PC’s downstairs in the lobby provided free of charge..
Would recommend this hotel to all travelers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lovedale
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
#11 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley? Share your experiences!