This latest addition to the ic hotel group's portfolio of hotels and resort did not dissapoint.
The hotel has about 150 rooms spread over two wings and 70+ villas on its compound. The balconies on the Pokolbin wings overlooks the main carpark, while that of the Lovedale wings has a view of the swimming pool. Room are large and comfortable, with earth brown deco that is very vogue with hotels at the moment. Bathroom is modern, with separate shower, large bath and luxurious bathrobe. I would have prefer a little more water pressure and volume, but considering the fact that the region is experiencing a prolong draught, the water saving shower head is a necessity.
Breakfast at the Redsalt restaurant is relatively pricey if not pre-booked. Standard fair includes coffee from expressor machine, omelette or egg benedict made to offer, and choice of newspaper --- which made breakfast while watching the sun rise over the hills of Lovedale a very civilised affair. On weekend, however, the breakfast crowd can get pretty mad between 9-10 AM, and it maybe wise to either get up earlier or go elsewhere.
We did not dine at Redsalt, but this has more to do with our dissapointment with Seasalt, a sister restaurant at Crowne Plaza Terrigal the night before. Morever, the hunter valley has several good restaurant which should not be missed. We tried Mojo on the Wilderness, a vineyard restaurant on a dirt road behind the hotel (~20 min by car) which offers excellent food and service at very reasonable prices. Ask for direction if you plan to go after dark, as the restaurant is located up a dirt road.
If you are sick of restaurants, the hotel also offers a package where you can BBQ on your hotel balcony (or anywhere else in the hotel compound) for $60 for two. This involved them setting up the BBQ and bringing a basket containing rump steak, sausages, salad, potato, vinegrette, cooking oil etc to your room at the appointed time. We decided to try this for Earth Hour. With the bottle and cheese we brought earlier that day, the glorious lavender sunset, this turned out to be a pretty novel and enjoyable experience. Especially when everyhting is magically clean and put away the next day.
The hotel is a stone throw away from the major vineyards in Pokolbin, and boutique wine makers in Lovedale. The hotel has a spa and 18 h technical golf course on site. Both are very popular and I would suggest guest to pre-book for busy weekends period. Male guest should also consider BYO golf clubs as the hired ones run out pretty quickly (by 8 am on a saturday!). The hotel also has a large heated pool (which looked inviting) and a small game room. There is also a kids club on site which should give mum and dad some quiet time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and golf course greens and framed by the rugged Brokenback Ranges, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley epitomises the best in award winning hospitality and deluxe accommodation. Just two hours drive north of Sydney and ideally located on Wine Country Drive, the hotel offers easy access to wineries and attractions and is the perfect place for a carefree break or stimulating meeting. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley offers deluxe king or twin rooms, spa suites and two and three bedroom self-contained villas, allowing plenty of room for you to relax. To complement your stay, why not enjoy our extensive range of on-site facilities? Rejuvenate your body at our Tea Tree Spa, reward your palate at one of our restaurants or bars, enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole golf course, or relax in the 25 metre outdoor heated pool. You can enjoy the full range of our on-site facilities while the kids are entertained by a selection of supervised kid-friendly activities in the on-site Water Dragons Club. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley's premier location and dedication to outstanding personal service has secured its reputation as the hotel of choice in the Hunter Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Lovedale