We arrived at 3pm and our room was not ready so had to wait for about 30 minutes.
Airport is about 1 kilometre away from the resort, however, you really need to have a car if you want to spend time at the vineyards or want to dine at different restaurants in the area. There is no undercover parking but generally you can park fairly close to your room.
Buffett breakfast is $38 per person if it is not included in your room rate or do not have a Priority Privilege card.
The resort has several restaurants but there are no other restaurants within walking distance.
If you have a vehicle you can take a Tyrrell's tour for $5 at 10.30am or a McWilliams tour at 11am which also costs $5 - both are excellent tours and go for approximately 1 hour.
Internet is expensive, however there are 4 computers in the business section which are free if you just want to check your e-mail messages.
Overall this is a very nice resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and golf course greens and framed by the rugged Brokenback Ranges, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley epitomises the best in award winning hospitality and deluxe accommodation. Just two hours drive north of Sydney and ideally located on Wine Country Drive, the hotel offers easy access to wineries and attractions and is the perfect place for a carefree break or stimulating meeting. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley offers deluxe king or twin rooms, spa suites and two and three bedroom self-contained villas, allowing plenty of room for you to relax. To complement your stay, why not enjoy our extensive range of on-site facilities? Rejuvenate your body at our Tea Tree Spa, reward your palate at one of our restaurants or bars, enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole golf course, or relax in the 25 metre outdoor heated pool. You can enjoy the full range of our on-site facilities while the kids are entertained by a selection of supervised kid-friendly activities in the on-site Water Dragons Club. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley's premier location and dedication to outstanding personal service has secured its reputation as the hotel of choice in the Hunter Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Lovedale