Stayed here in June with my husband for 3 nights in a King deluxe room. We arrived on a Thursday and I must say even though the resort looked great on the drive in, first impressions weren't that great. We drove up to reception and not a soul in sight - maybe it was because it was the middle of the week? No worries, we got our bags out and proceeded to check in.
Headed to the room, and it was a typical hotel room. Nice big, comfy bed, TV, mini bar, work desk, and lounge chair. Balcony opened out a view of some of the townhouses and the car park.
One of the biggest flaws of the room though is the bathroom. There are several things wrong with it:
- shower without a door - I just don't like this, water goes everywhere and you have to be careful when walking on the tiles
- toilet roll is nearly 180 degrees behind you. You have to stretch your left arm right around to get at it. Very very poor design
- shaving mirror does not even reach the sink. So if you shave at the mirror you make a huge mess
We went to the restaurant for dinner one night and got room service another night. Room service experience was better than the restaurant. I was hoping that the restaurant menu would have more on it than the room service menu, but they were pretty much the same. The price per night included breakfast and this was very good. Lots of choice, hot food, omelette station. cereals, pastries, toast, juices etc. Staff were friendly too.
Overall we had a good stay, and I would probably stay here again if in the area and if the price was right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and golf course greens and framed by the rugged Brokenback Ranges, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley epitomises the best in award winning hospitality and deluxe accommodation. Just two hours drive north of Sydney and ideally located on Wine Country Drive, the hotel offers easy access to wineries and attractions and is the perfect place for a carefree break or stimulating meeting. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley offers deluxe king or twin rooms, spa suites and two and three bedroom self-contained villas, allowing plenty of room for you to relax. To complement your stay, why not enjoy our extensive range of on-site facilities? Rejuvenate your body at our Tea Tree Spa, reward your palate at one of our restaurants or bars, enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole golf course, or relax in the 25 metre outdoor heated pool. You can enjoy the full range of our on-site facilities while the kids are entertained by a selection of supervised kid-friendly activities in the on-site Water Dragons Club. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley's premier location and dedication to outstanding personal service has secured its reputation as the hotel of choice in the Hunter Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Lovedale