“Great winery and restaurant”
Review of Emma's of Lovedale - CLOSED

Emma's of Lovedale
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very pretty setting next to an old graveyard, this is a lovely place for meals and a wine or two. Staff are friendly and the service is amazing. Food quality is tops.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Had lunch here on Sunday with a group of friends. We booked it after reading the good reviews on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. The service and hospitably of the owners, especially in light of the full house they had to deal with, was first class. We started with a walk around the gardens and adjacent historic cemetery before sampling several of the wines. There were 12 in our group and all were very impressed with their meal, and with perfect weather it was a most enjoyable end to a busy weekend of eating and drinking in the Hunter.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We visited this little restaurant by chance as another was booked out and Emma's was the recommendation - we were NOT disappointed.

The welcoming by the owners was so warm and we were seated outside ASAP. The gardens were so peaceful and watching the ducks play in the pond was lovely. We instantly had an abundance of water and menu's were provided immediately. The breakfast menu isn't large, but looks very scrumptious. I was with a party of friends and most of us wanted to alter minor things on our dishes, this wasn't a problem at all. Our orders were taken and coffee arrived promptly shortly after, then followed by amazingly plated meals.

I enjoyed their version of the big breakfast with poached eggs. The eggs were perfect, the bread crunchy and well cooked and the mushroom had SO much flavour.

All in all, for an accidental visit, I would absolutely go back to try their lunch/dinner menu as well as enjoy another breakfast. A must visit!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My BF and I just had a dinner at Emma's of Lovedale, since everywhere else was fully booked up for tonight,but that was a huge mistake!

We found the "mystery course " on the menu and sounded like a pretty good deal in Hunter Valley area ( entree and main +2glass of matching wine for under A$70) so, we ordered.

The waiter was very friendly and attentive and we were having a good time until the entree arrived.

The entree we received were, pasta carbonara and pork belly Asian style.
I don't usually complained about food I get at any restaurant, but being a qualified chef, I just couldn't believe what we get for the price they are asking for.

The food arrived at our table very quickly, but I understand why after I start eating my food.

The pasta carbonara was the most disgusting carbonara I've ever had in my life!
The pasta was waaaaaaayyyyyy soft and soggy! And egg sauce wad curdled really badly!
And taste horrible!
I thought I can cook much much better pasta carbonara!!

And pork belly was smelled off! pork belly should be cook crispy outside, but that was very fatty and taste awful ! I couldn't eat even half of that !
On top of that,in my dish, there was a piece of plastic in it! ( that must be a cling film)

The disappointed fact was when I complaint about that to the waiter, but he denied that.
He said they don't use any plastic in their kitchen, so he doesn't know where that was from!

I was in hospitality industry before, and I'm quite sure they should have been using cling wrap in their kitchen.
That was total nonsense!

At this point I wasn't really bother to wait for our main, actually I really wanted leave!

Soon after our "mystery main" arrived, my dish was a duck, that was very fatty and taste below average.
My BF received Bavarian beef pan,which was cooked uneven ( some meat was raw) he think that was taste below average.

We couldn't finish our food because hat taste horrible!!

I'm not that person who complained about anything and everything, but being a qualified chef, I thought I really mention about this experience at Emma' s of Lovedale to avoid any disappointment for other people who visit Hunter Valley.

I've been to Hunter Vally about 5times now, and I've always had really enjoyable meal every time elsewhere.
And I'm very happy to pay that sort of amount ( A$70 for 2 courses)if the meal was good and enjoyable.

BUT the meal we had at Emma's of Lovedale,that was just disgusting!

We will never going back!
And I'd warn everyone else to avoid Emma's of Lovedale restaurant.

Thank you for reading this.
Hope you avoid this restaurant !

3  Thank Shortcakesydney
Reviewed April 4, 2013

What a wonderful setting for a date night with that someone special or even for a larger birthday celebration. Value for money and outstanding service are only surpassed by dreamy reds and a scotch fillet to die for.