“Great tapas with friends”
Review of Tatler Tapas Cafe

Tatler Tapas Cafe
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Lovedale
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tatlers offers a unique dining setting on the beautiful Tatlers Estate overlooking the vines. Tatlers is open for lunch Wednesday to Sunday and dinner on Friday and Saturday nights as well as breakfast on the weekends. A casual share plate tapas dining experience focusing on wonderful Spanish flavours. Indoor and outdoor dining-great for a couple or a group. Group banquet menus available for groups of 8 or more. Tatlers also offers a extensive Hunter wine list with a great selection of Tatlers own wines by the glass and beers on tap.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We ordered a selection for lunch with a group. Service was friendly and quick, food was full of interesting flavours. Great selection, will definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Great tasting tapas - the duck was brilliant. Dessert was good. Service was friendly and attentive. Lovely atmosphere but quite expensive for what you get... $60 per head (inc glass of wine).

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I don't have a nice word to say about this place, I feel sorry for the staff that have to work there.
The food is super basic and way overprice e.g. 4 (cocktail Frankfurt size) chorizo sausages wrapped in puff pasty for $25????
When asked how our meals were we replied terrible and the chicken was full of fat, the Chef challenged us by yelling out from the kitchen, saying we didn't leave much on our plates, to which I replied, did you check what was spat out into the serviettes?
I would not recommend you waste your time or money going to this place, especially when the soup Nasti is on duty

4  Thank BronnyB76
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Apparently it was coincidental that the lovely young woman who waited my table was from Brittany in France, while the menu had a distinct French influence, resulting in a divine little taste of France in the Hunter Valley.
The restaurant and cellar door sit overlooking beautifully manicured lawns and a large dam, complete with water birds. There are tables both inside and out but on the day I visited, although the sun was shining and the sky blue, there was a brisk breeze, so I chose to sit inside. The views were not diminished by this.
From the tapas style selection of food I chose an oyster chowder ($8), a half-serve of escargot bourgogne ($9) and silken chicken liver pate served with cornichons and crusty bread ($22). Everything was delightful, fresh and delicious. Because I was dining solo, the waitress offered me half serves of some of the dishes so that I could try a bigger selection - which I appreciated. The pate was a full serve however and although I couldn't eat it all, I was given the "left-overs" to take away, along with an extra piece of crusty bread to enjoy for dinner tonight, along with a very good verdelho I picked up at a local winery on the way home.
Along with lunch I tried a glass of 2008 Tatler Sparkling and a glass of the 2008 Semillon. The sparkling was incredible but the Semillon a little grassy for my palate.
This is a beautiful restaurant with excellent chef, friendly waiting staff and stunning views.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Katie is always amazing at the finer details of Gluten Free dining. You can safely eat here without worrying about complications . As the kitchen is used for other food I have not had problems with cross contamination. The setting is so good and the service is always efficient and happy ! and if your are lucky a nice welcome from Paul!!!!! Please this is a joke. The cellar door is always jolly when he is present!
If you want quality food well presented in a gorgeous setting you have to pay for it. It's great value for the Hunter. Good luck Katie and your team. We shall return.