“Just delicious”

Sabor in the Hunter Dessert Bar - MOVED
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: SABOR DESSERT BAR Pokolbin - 2342 Broke Road, Pokolbin Thursday 10am-4:30pm Friday 10am-4:30pm Saturday 10am-9:30pm Sunday 10am-4:30pm Monday 10am-4:30pm Offering the Hunter's largest range of desserts from classical to colourful and inventive, paired with local wines and dessert wines. Indulge in our multi-award winning Portuguese Chocolate Mousse, Handmade Chocolates, Macarons and individual desserts such as the Red Velvet & Berry Cheesecake or Double Chocolate and Caramel Wave, in what will be a culinary experience you will not soon forget. Our dessert bar also offers a large range of gluten free alternatives, scones, croissants and cheese plate as well as barista made coffee to enjoy in our informal restaurant or to takeaway.
Sydney, Australia
“Just delicious”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Feels like you are in a big city dessert place, but in the woods. Friendly staff, great coffee, even better treats!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Caio N

“Treck or trick”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

There was eight of us that turned up to Sabor which was booked for 8:30pm it was a treck to get there as we had to drive from Broke and it was dark.

When we arrived we were greeted with a smile from what looked like the manager and the was alot of beautiful desserts to choose from.

We started to pick our desserts and pay for them and went to sit at our table. There must had been some confusion with who had paid because the young female who had taken our order came to our table and asked if we all had paid and we stated yes however she came out the 2nd time appearing not convinced with our first response asking if we had paid I began to get a complex when she came out to ask the 3rd time which I found insulting.

The dessert was ok and my friends agreed that is the reason I see this as a treck rather than a treat so travelers be warn if you are close by yeah drop in and sample there is no need to make it a special treat.

4 Thank Laufoli
Saborinthehunter, Owner at Sabor in the Hunter Dessert Bar - MOVED, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hi There,
As per the last review which is obviously from the same table I apologies for the waitress and her bothering you at your table, as explained previously she is new and still in training.We hope perhaps in the future you could see your way around making the trek out to us again and allowing us to make it a special treat.
Coolum Beach, Australia
“Sabor Sweet Tooth”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We looked forward to going to Sabor for our dessert after a beautiful dinner elsewhere. We booked for eight and was kindly catered for. We arrived at 8.30pm and not all the desserts were there. This is not a complaint, rather a fact of turning up at 8.30pm. There was still many desserts to choose from. The gentleman on the counter was very helpful and appeared enthusiastic about his work. He had a good knowledge of the desserts and was hospitable and courteous. We drove 30 minutes to have this dessert experience.
While we were waiting for our dessert, the young female waitress came to us three times to ask if we had paid. The first time is understandable, as like any business, you just want to double check. The second time she came around to ask if we had paid provided clear evidence of a fault in their system, but we waived this. The third time the young lady came to ask if we had paid, we were insulted and really dampened the experience.
All eight of us enjoyed our dessert, although it was not of the highest quality. The desserts are not made on the premises which takes a lot of the quality and tender loving care out of the food. But the friendly gentleman provided us with a smile and hospitable service which rounded off the experience.
I would not recommend you go out of your way to this place, but if you are in Lovedale and feeling like something sweet, pop in.

• Visited December 2013
7 Thank Des M
I remember you and your group of friends on Saturday night, I was the Gentleman behind the counter. The reason I'm so knowledgeable about the desserts is not only am I the owner but one of the cooks you make the desserts.
I am sorry the waitress came to the table and bothered you about the payment a couple of times, she is a new waitress just in training and I can assure you that will never happen again, you do mention you and your friends did enjoy your dessert, for this I am glad.
The part I don't quite understand is where you got the impression the desserts are not made on site. I remember explaining to you and your table that the desserts are not made in the dessert bar kitchen because it is obviously too small for the desserts we make but they are made in our Commercial kitchen further down into our property, I too am insulted that you mention "The desserts are not made on the premises which takes a lot of the quality and tender loving care out of the food." We take a lot of pride in our desserts and how we make them and the quality of ingredients we use in them.
What I do hope is that we get another chance to impress you with both the service and quality of our desserts.
Brisbane, Australia
“Large array of decadent goodies - worth a splurge!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Went to Sabor for dessert after lunch at another restaurant and shared the taste plate of six little offerings which were tasty and reasonable value. Coffee and tea tasted O.K. but a little housekeeping point - the teapot was an 'arty' shape so your finger slipped on to the hot part of the teapot when you picked it up!
There was a huge selection of different items, including light lunches, available. About three tables were placed inside with many more outside with good views.
Staff were friendly yet professional.
Overall, worth a visit, although a little expensive.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank David C
Grafton, Australia
“5* star desserts and prices”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The desserts look and taste good. I could hardly decide what to have when confronted with the lovely displays of sweets. Salted caramel and chocolate tart was wonderfully salted and not too sweet. I would have like the sugar crust on the crème brûlée to be a little thicker and more carmelised but that's just me. I was told the chocolate volcano has chocolate sauce that oozes OUT from the sunken center but when served, it seemed like it was poured IN and over. The chocolate sauce was too sweet and just a little too runny and oily. We were there at 11am on a Friday morning and it was half full. 3 desserts and a coffee came up to $37; a little too pricey to have every weekend. Lots of families and couples.

• Visited November 2013