“Dessert Heaven (heaven for the tongue, not so for the hip, but who cares!!)”

Sabor in the Hunter Dessert Bar - MOVED
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: SABOR DESSERT BAR Pokolbin - 2342 Broke Road, Pokolbin Thursday 10am-4:30pm Friday 10am-4:30pm Saturday 10am-9:30pm Sunday 10am-4:30pm Monday 10am-4:30pm Offering the Hunter's largest range of desserts from classical to colourful and inventive, paired with local wines and dessert wines. Indulge in our multi-award winning Portuguese Chocolate Mousse, Handmade Chocolates, Macarons and individual desserts such as the Red Velvet & Berry Cheesecake or Double Chocolate and Caramel Wave, in what will be a culinary experience you will not soon forget. Our dessert bar also offers a large range of gluten free alternatives, scones, croissants and cheese plate as well as barista made coffee to enjoy in our informal restaurant or to takeaway.
Sydney, Australia
“Dessert Heaven (heaven for the tongue, not so for the hip, but who cares!!)”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I discovered about this place from tv and didn't get the chance to visit until recently on the way to see the Christmas Lights Spectacular at the Hunter Valley Garden. A friend had visited first upon my mention of the place and she said I should go. The place was small, but intimate. The dining area was also limited but did not deter me as soon as I saw the desserts that they offered. I would not care if I have to eat while standing up. Many varieties, some you can have with a local wine recommended. You can browse the dessert list on their website. I had the Oreo cream cheesecake and it was divine, while my 2 children enjoyed their chocolate milkshakes and ham and cheese croissants. My friend has the tiramisu, my mum had the honeydew green tea and my husband had the excellent coffee. Overall, they're not too cheap but it's certainly worth every cent. They also have varieties of mousse which they made locally and already professionally packed, ready for takeaway. They also have Movenpick ice cream on offer and freshly made chocolates. Do drop by when you are in the area. You won't be disappointed !!

• Visited December 2012

Branxton, Australia
“Yum!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great coffee and sublime desserts! Friendly service, well sign-posted instructions on how to order. Met one elderly couple who, over time, were working their way through the entire menu - something I now aspire to! There is an eclectic mix of restauranteurs - couples, families, and friends of all ages - all seem to enjoy Sabor's delectable desserts. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. Additionally, lots of high quality gourmet foods to purchase for later.

• Visited December 2012
Perth, Australia
“Amazing dessert selection!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The desserts in this place are to die for! They serve light lunches too (but way waste valuable tummy space), but it's the selection of desserts that will have you drooling. There are so many different options- and if you can't decide there are a number of different tasting plates. The chocolate mousse is incredible!
The only down side is I have moved to a house ten minutes from this place and it is fast becoming my favourite place to eat in the area- I can feel the kilos creeping in just thinking about it!
The property itself is very scenic with views onto a little lake/dam. Well worth the drive into Lovedale for!

• Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Great treats for all”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Come here with an empty stomach! There is way too much to tempt your taste buds with.

Service was great and freindly although a little slow. Its in a nice little location with ample parking.

As for the food, well we actually came in for a bit of lunch. Quiche were great. But the heroes were the dessert platters, waffle and milkshakes! All were good.

*We came here with kids, and it was hard to keep them amused for a while. It would be nice if there was a little play park or something. But thats just a suggestion

• Visited November 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Light lunch elsewhere to save room for dessert here!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We arrived later in the day and couldn't have asked for better treatment by the staff, we were still very kindly welcomed. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, and we had early advice in case our selections were unavailable. The presentation was no less than impressive. It was great to chat with the owners about the local history in the area, and good to hear so much support for the local wineries. Wines were well-matched to the desserts, but also the option to choose your own selection. It came highly recommended to visit, and we would do the same. Currently open Friday to Monday

• Visited November 2012