“Another hidden gem”

Adina Vineyard & Olive Grove
Sydney, Australia
“Another hidden gem”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights from Boxing Day, and loved our 2nd visit! As ever excellent, clean, tidy accommodation - you just feel the cares slip away.

Superb, understated, and witty service - plus the benefit of excellent wine and delightful olive oil (I particularly like the Lemon Myrtle).

Have fought with my conscience here. Do I want everyone to know about it? or keep it to myself? I'd love to keep it to myself - but the team at Adina work hard, and deserve to have a success with this wonderful spot.

A simple delight!

Room Tip: They don't have a bad one!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Australia
Reviewed December 26, 2011

i want to review the restaurant only. we had an older lady as our waitress and she was truly terrible. she didnt know the name of any dshes so when we ordrered she had to refer to the menu before recording our choices. she was unable to answer any questions about the menu. ordering bread for the table was very hard. she offered to let us taste some wines but that whole experience was hard for her. she had no knowledge of the wines, and said some should be tasted with lemon but didnt provide lemon and she hurried the whole experience. the food here was ok but the service so bad i probably would not return, there are so many better options near by.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Viagar
Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed for two nights in one of the lodges and could not have been more satisfied. The location of the lodges in the vineyard, the view and the spacious well manicured grounds are wonderful and to add to this, we woke in the morning to hot air balloons lifting off from a paddock behind the lodge. Doesn't happen all the time apparently but a wonderful sight if you are there at the right time. Rooms were comfortable, very clean and spacious and the living room well furnished and an inviting place for people to congregate, eat, enjoy the view and drink the great wines available from the region. It is in a very good, central location for touring the Hunter wineries.
Lunch at the restaurant was very good and we manged to fit in a number of good wines from the Adina vineyard itself along with those we had brought from other vineyards.
The welcome was warm, friendly and helpful as was the service we experienced all throughout our stay.

Room Tip: Its all good!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed there with a wedding party, hiring all three cottages. The accommodation was modern, warm, clean and perfectly designed for a family or 2 couples. Each room has its own bathroom. Adina's manager/staff were wonderful - warm, kind people. Each room has a view of the vineyards. The chef was incredible - and very passionate about food especially local produce. Make sure you do the olive factory tour - they process olives for the region on the property.

Stayed April 2011
Sydney
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I don't know if I want to recommend Adina to everyone, as I am worried it'll book out for the next 5 years it's so great!!

My partner and I just wanted to spend some quality time together and get away from the Sydney rat race, and this was a great place to do it. He had organised the holiday, and we got a very reasonable deal and price! Beautiful views, fresh air and such friendly staff.

We drove up from Sydney on a Monday night, with an unfortunate mishap on the way rendering my car undriveable. Forced to leave the car at a service station at half past midnight, and get a wheelchair accessible taxi into the accommodation. Arrived at Adina at about 2am, a key left for us in the door, but the stress was soon relieved by the beautiful appointments and decor of the villa. Everything was easy to find, ramp was easy to access into the villa and inside the villa was spacious and I could find somewhere to put all our bits and pieces.

We were up late enough (or early enough) to watch the sunrise and the beauty of the colours changing over the ranges and the olive groves and vineyards. Went to bed after sunrise, got a good quiet and undisturbed sleep (although we did find the bed a little uncomfy - too soft for us) until we got up to organise repairs to my car.

Tow truck dropped by to pick up my car keys then to get my car and tow it into Cessnock. Unfortunately as you would expect, public transport is not in abundance in the Hunter Valley, particularly with a wheelchair user, so I needed to hire a car. No hire cars in Cessnock so they had to bring in a large sedan from Maitland, but I had no way other than taxi to pick it up. Went up to reception to ask if anyone would be heading into Cessnock and would they mind giving me a lift?

Peter, the owner of the vineyard and villas, offered to give me a lift in, and then waited for me and let me follow him on the way back. Really above the call of duty - thanks Peter!!

The villa was easy for my partner who uses a wheelchair to get around, the kitchen was great, with a full-size fridge and a dishwasher which made my life a lot easier. Only thing that I would improve from a wheelchair access perspective would be the small step which leads from the bedroom to the bathroom. Basin was a little difficult for my partner to use, but is probably quite okay for other wheelies.

Tried the tapenades, oils and wines that are produced on site, beautiful olive oils, vinegars, and wines.. made a few purchases ;-)

We had a cooked breakfast one morning, and it was AMAZING. Mushrooms, tomatoes, bacon and eggs.. beautiful breakfast!! Wanted more but couldn't have fitted it in anyway!!

Needed a late checkout and staff were more than happy to accommodate this (getting 2 people ready and packed takes a lot longer than one!!) - even the housekeeping staff were friendly and helpful.

All up, we loved our stay here and were considering making an offer on buying the villa (lol!). Beautiful timber flooring and clearly well cared for villas. There are a few insects around, but if you can live with them there's no problems!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
central coast nsw
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Adina is a fantastic place to stay if you are staying with other couples. Its in a beautiful location set amongst the vines. There are some fabulous wineries close by. Value for money Adina is excellent with a beautiful buffet breakfast served each morning on weekends and if you stay 2 nights you get the 3rd night free with a bottle of their gorgeous sparkling wine waiting for you. I would thoroughly recommend to anyone to stay at Adina.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lovedale
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens
Bluebush Estate
Bluebush Estate
#1 of 15 in Lovedale

Been to Adina Vineyard & Olive Grove? Share your experiences!