“Ok value for money”
Review of Casa Margarita's

Casa Margarita's
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Creel
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Paid 250 a night for my own room.
Clean, hot water, good bed. Food is also included. Quality of the food is ok. Served at another hotel some 5 min walk away.
What you can expect for a hotel room at that price.
Overall i'm satisfied for my choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 2Bacan

Reviewed September 12, 2012

we stayed in Casa Margarita because it was the cheapest option in town, if you count the included internet, breakfast and dinner. They were a little bit pushy with the tours and the service was not great (very hard to find someone to speak to, cleaners coming in the room without knocking etc.). About the food I can only say that you get what you pay for (not much). Breakfast is usually good, dinner not really, so we often went somewhere else. We loved the location (from our room we had the view over the main plaza) and the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luna_infierma
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Least expensive option... I booked through hotels.com the night before and had no problems checking in. The room is spacious, the bathroom is clean and the shower had great pressure. It includes breakfast and dinner!!! It is right in front of the main plaza and the people in the hotel will offer you great tours or will guide you where to go in case you want to tour by yourself.
Internet and parking is free.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bambamgp
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at Casa Margaritas in the Jose Maria room. Overall the experience was pretty good. The beds were comfortable, showers were good and the food was ok. We only had the breakfast so I cannot comment on the dinner. The service was pretty good and they helped out when we asked. The wireless Internet also worked really well

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank junkscience89
Reviewed July 18, 2011

It has honestly been years since I have stayed here but I know the owners are the same so I wanted to share my experience in retort. First, the rooms which include 2 meals, are extremely cheap. It seems crazy that people are claiming the owners are trying to get one over on them. Consider this as supporting a rural mexican community.

When I stayed there, I paid a few dollars to stay in the dorm with my friends. We had just planned on one night on our way to batopilas (an easy hitch hike away if youre worried about tour prices). I became seriously ill running fevers in the 103 range, vomiting...everything awful. Without asking for a penny more, they put me in a private room, fed me soup and brought in a doctor. On 3 reyes day she even made the bread. The maquilla was in my piece and I was able to leave the next day feeling great.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank Thompsonamanda
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Perhaps because I speak fluent Spanish I may be more tuned in to this sort of thing, but I found the management to be very cold, ony interested in you as a source of revenue. There are many rules and if you don't get back by a certain hour you can actually find yourself locked out for the night. I did not feel at all at home here. For a completely opposite experience I recommend the Hotel La Posada where you have free run of the place, can use the kitchen at all hours, and are made to feel like one of the family.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CindyWillits
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I went to Creel alone during my practce month in Chihuahua. Because I wanted to meet some mates to travel with, I booked dormitory with 6 beds and it costed 100pesos per night with breakfast and dinner (very cheap, its about 6 EUR). There was noone else in the room during my stay, Food was good but portions very small. Plastic plates and ups. The first night I was freezing so I went to ask for heating the next night (i used pygama, sweater, and cover over my head and was still cold). It took them 2-3 hrs to put heating on.

First day I wanted to go to Divisadero and the receptionist said the normal price for this trip is 300pesos, but he'd give it to me for 200. I guess thats the real price indeed (i guess one might get it for 150 though, especially if you are more people). I think so because one day before my arrival a woman on the reception phone said that 200 is normal price. DEFINITELY BARGAIN FOR PRICE. if you want quality leading go to locals putsid on the street :)

Next day I wanted to go to a tour around Creel and the reception guy guaranteed, he had enough people for the tour. But surprise surprise, in the morning i turned to be the only one and he wanted to charge me 300pesos. Well I went to the city and found some nice local guy and he took me for 250 (i think I could get it for 200, but i didnt feel like arguing for 3 EUR).

Internet didnt work on my phone, but some other people said it worked on their notebook. maybe it just doesnt work in the dorm.

There was plenty of hot water but no toilet paper.

Dorm has no storage space (shelves etc) and cuz i was the only one i took a chair and a small cupboard to put my things on.

Furniture was massive, blankets rather old but OK for the mountain environment,

Room Tip: go in the warm season and in a group.