Bampton Shop & Tea Room
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvillage storecoast to coast walkdownstairs roomstayed herenearest pubmitre pubpooley bridgepacked lunchevening mealbreakfast was excellenthostsaccommodationslogbath
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Lovely little B&B. We were made very welcome. Rooms were spotlessly clean. The Mardale Inn also in Bampton village will soon be opening as a B&B, and will offer some stiff competition to the Bampton Village Store B&B, so this smaller enterprise is deserving your support. You won't be sorry

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We arrived in Bampton for one night as part of our C2C trip. Janet greeted us with a big smile and 2 bottles of chilled water which was very much appreciated because the weather that day was very warm! Our room was great - self contained and accessed up a short flight of stairs. There were 3 beds, a great selection of tea and coffee and a TV to catch up on the news. The bathroom was super clean. Janet advised us that the local pub (in Bampton Grange) gets very busy so she called ahead and booked us a table. Breakfast the next morning was delicious! A great stay and you can walk directly to Shap Abbey to return to the route.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Bampton is a tiny but lovely little town, and the village store is one of the few amenities. Our room was smallish but clean and comfortable (two beds) and cool on a hot day. Our host was super helpful and hospitable and made our stay very enjoyable. Dinner in Brampton Grange was very good, and the farm eggs at breakfast were excellent. It's possible to walk from Bampton Grange to Shap Abbey without backtracking to burnside, making the diversion off the C2C to Bampton a small and pleasant one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We came in wet and tired and were met with wonderful hospitality. Lots of room and a wet area as part of our twin room. Left next morning after everything being dried and use of WiFi to book further accom. 10 min walk to the pub for dinner. Great food. One of the best.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I don't normally post to trip advisor but had to say how wonderful my stay here was. Arrived from Patterdale soaking wet, cold and tired at 6.15pm. Janet advised that the nearest place to get food was the pub at nearby Bampton Grange, a 10 min walk away, but I had better go now. She offered to phone them to book me a table, but I just wanted to get warm and dry and to have a rest. I asked for just a bread roll or couple of slices of bread so I could make up some tea from my supplies. 20 mins later Janet came back with a plate of cheese and tomato sandwiches, a delicious dressed salad, a packet of crisps, fresh strawberries and bluberries and a yogurt. And she refused to let me pay her anything for such a lovely meal. I was so grateful. The wifi connection was great, the room was superb with a fabulous bathroom. Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow - I know it will be good. Thanks again Janet, not many hosts would go to so much trouble, and it was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo