“Kids enjoy it”

Raze the Roof Indoor Play & Laser Tag
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Penryn
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Raze the Roof Indoor Activities in Cornwall. Soft Play, Laser Tag and Many More Activities at Their Best. Here is something for the whole family. Our indoor play area in Cornwall offers soft play for children, laser tag and other kids activities perfect for birthday parties or just for fun days out.The adults can enjoy a refreshing cup of coffee and their favourite magazines in our comfortable cafe with our fantastic fresh food and drink menu for the whole family complete with complementary Wi-Fi.
cornwall
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Kids enjoy it”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Kids seem to enjoy it but gets very busy and there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many they let in. Also there is no age limit so u have teenagers/adult climbing/ running around at full speed taking no notice of the little toddlers. When complaining to staff they just shrug and say they will have a word which doesn't usually work. Food is overpriced but good quality.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank babes23Cornwall
FudgePenryn, Owner at Raze the Roof Indoor Play & Laser Tag, responded to this review, November 9, 2014
Dear Babes23,

Thanks for taking the time to review Raze the Roof.

The place can become very busy during school holidays and at weekends but we do have a legal limit to the numbers of people within the building.

We do speak to parents of children who may be running and breaking our code of conduct asking them to be more responsible.

I'm glad you appreciate our food. We certainly use fine ingredients and all are freshly cooked. We are a play centre not a restaurant but certainly look to exceeding expectations with the quality. We are currently making our own home made soap and short biscuits which are going down very well.

Truro, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great for kids, my family have taken their children and always enjoyed it. They did laser tag, down side very hot.
Great day out for kids, good wet weather attraction.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Marebear2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our play centre.
Glad you had such a good time with us! By the way we are up-grading to 20 laser tag guns very soon.
Truro, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Lovely play areas :) ”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Today was my 2nd visit to raze the roof, the 1st visit was for my son to attend a birthday party.
The party was great. The staff were super friendly and the young lad who brought the cake out was really attentive and cheery which makes all the difference, I even heard him ask if the parents had taken photos of the cake before he cut it, very thoughtful!
Today we came to meet up with friends. My son who is nearly 3 loves it here, he gets excited as we pull into the car park which says it all really (our childminder brings him here regularly with his friends). There are so many different play areas for children of all ages. He loves the WOW cars in the corner and the disco lights are a particular favourite along with the ball pool. The whole place is a wonderland for children and I think its great that parents can get in the play areas with the children.
The toddler area is great and perfect for younger ones. My daughter who is 10 months enjoyed the baby area and the little ball pool is fab.
I cant comment on the food as we have never eaten here although the menu looks great!
My only negative is the fact that adults have to pay to get in. I had never heard of this before and was quite shocked when I discovered this. I think £4.50 for my toddler is enough without paying the additional charge for adults. I have noticed on other reviews that the manager has stated that this is competitive and quite a usual occurence. I have not been to enough soft play areas to comment on this but will take his word for it! All in all this will not put us off returning :)

1 Thank Nicola R
Dear Nichola R,

Thank you for taking time out to review our play centre.

The feedback regarding the smaller items within the play area i.e. ball pool for the 10 month old or should I say 14 month old by now, apologies for late reply, certainly confirms that our previous customer feedback has been successful.

We always strive for happy and attentive party hosts.

We are also adding Brio toys, famous for the wooden railways and a baby/toddler range too. These will also be available in the WOW zone.

Locally play centres do charge for adult entry. However, up country as they say especially in major cities entrance prices can be less because of the higher foot fall. We had a holiday maker from Manchester who I spoke about this too but we have balanced our pricing as well as we can for our location.
Penryn, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great for kids”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Come here fairly regularly. Quite expensive for what it is, refreshments especially. But keeps the kids amused!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Kim M
Dear Kim P,

Thank you for taking time to review our play centre.
So happy that you enjoy the facility overall. With regard to cost we do have annual passes which if you come regularly pays itself back in 5 visits for toddlers, also a coffee card too, which entitle you to a free cup.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Adult Nights”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The adult nights are pretty fun! There should be more publicity about them so they happen more frequently!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank EmRose1990
FudgePenryn, Owner at Raze the Roof Indoor Play & Laser Tag, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear EmRose1990,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Adults Night.

They great fun! These are held on the first Saturday of each month which gives time for guest numbers to build up.

If you would like to do them more frequently we have the VIP exclusively yours... where the venue can be hired for private events any evening.

Thanks for the suggestion of advertising, I will look in to this.