Glanmor Hotel
Harry's Hotel(Aberystwyth)
Four Seasons Hotel(Aberystwyth)
TripAdvisor
Gwesty Cymru(Aberystwyth)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Rooms need good brushing, decorating and new furnitures. 3 rooms - one bathroom. Huge mistake overpaid. 7 june 2012.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ewa k
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here. The title says it all. The owner Robin was friendly enough, but the infrastructure was terrible. For the money you pay (circa £25 a night), you would be better buying a tent and going for a greasy spoon breakfast. If you want an authentic 1960s experience (sight and smell), tuck in.

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank Sberry111
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Dont make same mistake as i did I really dont know where to start with this place, We booked this hotel because we were having family getaway and thought it would be lovely to visit borth where as i was growing up visited alot. When i rang the Glanmor Robin the owner seemed pleasant and asked for a £20 cash deposit to be posted to him. A week went by and i had forgot to post it so i thought it wouldnt matter we will be there at the weekend so no bother. That night i had a phone call from Robin asking why i had not sent the money and he then went on for 10 minutes giving me a lecture how so many people let him down (alarm bells should of rang but unfortunately they didnt) We arrived at the hotel was greeted by Robin and the first thing that you get when you walk through the door is the smell of old cigarette smoke it absolutely stank we were then shown to our room where i felt that i had stepped into a time warp to the 1950s we found stains on the sheets hammocks with legs on for beds and no 3rd bed for our youngest as he expected the children to top and tail but yet we still had to pay full price for. The dust in the place was incredible and there was no central heating just a panel heater!! the place just seemed in a state on disrepair. The weekend was over and my wife and 2 of our children had gone into borth leaving me and my 2 year old daughter to check out the night before i had got cash out of the bank to pay for the stay and i gave the money to Robin and he then told me that it wasnt enough as i had to pay full price for my 2 year old (she didnt even have her own bed to sleep in), I then told him that i needed to go and get more cash to pay the difference he then became very aggressive and wanted a guarantee that i would come back i said to him the only thing i have is my card and i needed that to get cash out, he then said LEAVE YOUR DAUGHTER HERE AS A GUARANTEE SO I KNOW YOU WILL BE BACK. As you can imagine that did not happen neither did he get the extra money he wanted. Please stay away from this place you will be dissapointed all of the local residents know all about it and have nothing good to say about it I would rather stay on a bed of nails than to have another stay at the Glanmor next time we go we will be staying at the Pebble b&b Sorry for ranting on but i have never wrote a review before but i really dont want anyone else go through what we had to go through this weekend........ P.S just asking for a cup tea was a hardship for him and if you change your mind for breakfast god help you we felt like very unwelcome guests.

Room Tip: Just don't go there
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Lee R
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I am struggling to find anything positive to say about this B&B/Hotel! The owner was friendly enough but the room was dated and needed a good clean.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple