“Great people, fun B&B, easy access to Stratford Festival”
Review of Caboose B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tavistock
Caboose B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Tavistock B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 20, 2014

As others' pictures and reviews tell the story, the main reason to stay is the train theme. I stayed in the guest suite in the basement of the main house, but had a tour of the caboose itself and would have definitely booked it if traveling with a partner, especially with kids. It's very cool!

Robert's love for his collection is contagious and the set-up in the garden, with trains, tunnels, and a pond filled with lilly pads, is great. Joan is charming, seeming to get a kick out of his hobbies, even as she sometimes pokes a little fun his way. She's also helpful with advice on restaurants and local events in Stratford.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

If you looking for a memorable experience, spend a day/night at the caboose. Pool, miniature garden, breakfast nook, actual caboose, delightful owners...
Came for an evening at Stratford, the drive to show was short and pleasant. Breakfast was a tad early, check out at 11:00am. We enjoyed our stay and will remember it fondly in the years to come.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My daughters (13 & 9) and I recently stayed at the Caboose B&B while in the region for the Stratford Festival. I can't say enough nice things about this place! The owners, Robert and Joan Rudy, were delightful. Our self-contained accommodations were in a genuine old-fashion CN caboose redesigned with all the modern amenities (toilet, sink, shower, A/C, television, wi-fi, coffee maker, mini-refrigerator, private parking spot, salt-water pool only a few feet away...). The train theme is prevalent everywhere - in the gorgeous gardens, in the pool house, in the breakfast room and, of course, in the caboose itself. The caboose also has a raised look-out area, which is great for kids and as a reading nook. I had mentioned that I was lactose intolerant upon my reservation and was thrilled to find that Joan had vegan bread, seed bars, muffins, soya milk and spread for me. My daughters also enjoyed the fresh fruits, yogurt, cereals and delicious still-warm-from-the-oven homemade muffins and buns. Above and beyond the regular B&B breakfast fare! And this place is only a 15-minute drive into the heart of Stratford! We will be back!

Room Tip: The caboose sleeps up to 4