“Great food-- excellent lobster roll-- in an unexpected spot”
Review of Chatterbox Cafe - CLOSED

Chatterbox Cafe
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

I stumbled on this cafe during a drive up the sunrise coast and was so glad I did. The ladies behind the counter were lovely, and the food was fabulous. I had the best lobster roll I've ever had at this unassuming little cafe-- with dill, on toasted focaccia. Divine. The house salad was also fab, with a proper viniagrette. We took them to go and picnicked by the water in a nearby provincial park!!! So glad we found this spot, which has a great little gallery attached to it as well.

There are newer reviews for Chatterbox Cafe

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Coming back from PEI, we decided to stop in Pugwash for lunch. This little cafe was just off the highway and looked nice. We gave our order and were instructed to wait at a table. We ordered a Reuban sandwich each, and only one was delivered. When we questioned this we were told that we only ordered and paid for one. We had to go in and pay for another before they made the second sandwich. AND, they were the thinnest sandwiches I have ever had. I'm sure there was only one or two slices of smoked meat on the bread. Now, it did taste good with a nice blend of tastes, but I had to look for the meat and sauerkraut to make sure there was some on it.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Below average in every way. The only reason to eat here is that you are trapped while travelling through the area. The food is overpriced but hey you are trapped remember! The burgers and sandwiches are simply average. The location is not well laid out and has no charm. If you are headed West you are better off eating at the Sandpiper restaurant in Port Howe. If you are headed East there are a few places in Truro and or Pictou.

1  Thank Shrekman1969
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Amazing food!!!! Homemade choices like the fantastic veggie burgers (I asked for the recipe it was so awesome). If you are tired of fried junk food and want something heathy and delicious this is the place to go. I wish I lived closer and could have the veggie burger everyday. Wonderful owners and fantastic food!!!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I really wanted to like this place.

The menu is basic but tasty and occasionally has organic ingredients. Soups, salads and sandwiches. Books decorate the shelves and you can buy or read them! There is even a nice outdoor porch for sipping iced teas or a cold beer.

I even swallowed the higher than average prices for their average food. I don't mind paying a bit to support something that helps add a little sparkle to a community. After all, I wanted them to succeed. This was their 'retirement' dream after running 'the trial shop' in Halifax.

I've come to the conclusion that they are not happy and that this unhappiness creates a tension which makes being there less enjoyable. The last time I was there they had a 'for sale' sign out front. I guess they want to move on and it shows in how they resent being chained to a place that they want to leave, but probably can't until they sell.

Maybe this season will be better for them or for a new owner. It is, after all, still a nice place for the right person/people.

4  Thank travelhoundIndia