“”Rude and nasty Lady in Office””
Review of Parndana Wildlife Park - CLOSED

Parndana Wildlife Park
Reviewed February 17, 2013

On Saturday16 February, My husband and I went to see the wildlife animals at Parndana. We was going to pay the money to see animals by card but the customer service lady said “cash only “. So we went to the car park and I looked at the animals in the cages from the car park before I get into the car to find the ATM in the town. The lady came out from the office (customer service) and she was yelling and screaming at me “Don’t look at the animals when you not pay the money”, “that why you have to pay the money before you look at the animals” So, we left the park very quickly and never return back to see animals again. Why we have to pay the money and support that horrible behaviour when she was already know we going to take the money from ATM to pay her. It was ruin all of my wonderful trip in Kangaroo Island.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We went to Parndana as it seemed to be the most advertised wildlife park on the island, with posters showing how you can cuddle koalas etc. We went there with high hopes but that all changed upon arrival where we were rudely informed that we couldn't pay by card by the lady in the office, who then proceeded to shout at us for attempting to take a photo of a wallaby as we left the building to find an ATM. We were really put out by her bahaviour but thought that the park would make up for it, but when we got back the same lady then gave us a map of the area and hurried us through all the locations barely catching breath and left us very confused about where we were meant to go. She made us feel like we were a huge burden on her time even though there was only one other couple there! The range of wildlife was OK, and we got to feed the kangaroos which wa good but there are no talks or any form of interaction available like you get at other wildlife parks. We were just left to get on with it and fet we got zero value for money. We left around midday and went to Paul's Place by Stoke Bay and it puts Parndana to shame!! Only $3 more (plus an additional $3 to cuddle a koala which you CAN actually do here!) if you want to go to a wildlife park on Kangaroo Island, do not go to Parndana, go to Paul's Place, awesome experience and well worth the money!!

3  Thank Mica L
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went to Parndana Wildlife Park as it seemed to be the most advertised wildlife place to go on the island - there was even a poster showing someone cuddling a koala. We went there with high hopes but upon arrival, we were 'greeted' by the woman behind the desk who after telling us we couldn't pay by card then proceeded to rudely shout at us for attempting to take a photo of a wallaby as we'd left the building to find an ATM. When we returned she gave us a map and hurried us through each location which left us very confused about where we were supposed to go. We felt like a huge burden on her time even though there was only one other couple there! The range of wildlife is OK, we got to feed the kangaroos which was good but we didn't feel we got value for money at all. There are no talks arranged or any interaction like you get at other wildlife parks, we were just left to get on with it. We left around midday and came across 'Paul's Place' by Stoke Bay which is incredible, only $3 more (an additional $3 on top of that to cuddle a koala which you CAN actually do here) and it puts Parndana to shame

1  Thank James M
Reviewed February 3, 2013

As someone with an animal care background, I was recently encouraged to apply for work at the Parndana Wildlife Park. Having now seen the place for myself, while ready this mostly negative feedback, there is no way I would ever apply. Having 'cute' animals "feed from your hands" does not promote active care. I feel sorry for these animals and that I am not in a position to assist. I certainly agree that it is time for new owners!!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had heard good stories of Parndana Wildlife Park so I was expecting great things however the reality was quite different. Cages upon cages of depressed looking birds, many of whom were pulling their feathers out (a sign of stress). The enclosures looked like they hadn't been cleaned in months. I was surprised that the hand feeding of kangaroos, emus and koalas was totally unsupervised and there seemed to be no enrichment at all for these poor creatures. A water buffalo was totally out of place and character for a 'Australian' based wildlife park.
If you want to see wildlife head somewhere else - this place definitely doesn't care for its animals and we left feeling really depressed.