All reviews old mill quick getaway dinner wine evening book cuisine tranquility taste noise light surprise
Selected filters
Reviewed February 7, 2017 via mobile

It's a great hotel which fitting in the surrounding area between mountains, small villages and a river close to the hotel.

The rooms a big, clean and having a nice bathroom.
The food ist good, Carlos and his team very welcoming.

A perfect place after a working day to relax and for starting into the next day.

Thanks for having me.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Carles B, Propietario at Hotel Moli de la Torre, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Thank you very much Tim for such a good and precise review. We will be pleased to see you back soon!
Best wishes,
Carles

Reviewed October 10, 2016

We chose Moli de la Torre after reading all the excellent reviews and were not disappointed! The owner, Carles, his wife and all the staff are full of smiles and are always ready to help and please their guests.
This small hotel (12 double rooms and 1 suite) is spotless and faultless. The rooms are light, quiet, well decorated with very comfortable beds and lovely bathrooms (ours had a brilliant shower).
Carles seems to be able to effortlessly juggle his many tasks, and is also a very competent cook. We had two dinners, which were generous, fresh and delicious. You have to book preferably the evening before. Carles asked what we might like. We told him to surprise us, and he did on both occasions. The breakfasts too were tasty and kept us going for the whole day - no need for lunch!
El Moli is within easy reach of Barcelona, and is surrounded by beautiful mountainous countryside, ideal for walking/cycling/climbing.
Carles took an abandoned textile mill and turned it skillfully into this charming modern hotel, managing at the same time to retain much of the building’s original character. No small feat! Congratulations!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Carles B, Propietario at Hotel Moli de la Torre, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

Such comments are the ones everybody should have everyday to improve their self-confidence enormously. Defintely it helps my team to keep working continously on helping me and making a delightful stay of our guests.
I definetly enjoy my job when people feels satisfied of their experiencies with us and with our sorroundings!
I wish you a very nice long time, and hope to see you back again!
Best regards,

Reviewed August 13, 2016

This is a FANTASTIC Hotel, and Carlos the owner is EXTREMELY welcoming, friendly and helpful. The rooms are of exceptional quality and the WHOLE building has been restored AMAZINGLY. Great wifi, SUPERB local Catalan cuisine and some of the best cycling you could wish for nearby in the hills behind the Hotel. I have only ever stayed here on Business, but I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND spending a couple of nights here if you are on a trip to Barcelona, if not for anything else but to sample the Real Catalan way of life and the SPECTACULAR untouristy scenery in the hill nearby. I shall CERTAINLY be back when not on Business, to take in more of the scenery and hospitality. Thank you Carlos. Surfy Steve F1.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Carles B, Propietario at Hotel Moli de la Torre, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2016

I really do not know what to say about....
thanks, thank you very much!
I hope to see you soon, and have more time to dedicate to you. If you came for F1 time, I am sure I could not give you enough of what I can.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

We stayed here overnight on a walking tour of Catalonia. The Moli de la Torre was an oasis - a warm welcome, comfortable modern rooms and good food which we ate outside on the verandah. A brief but very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Carles B, Propietario at Hotel Moli de la Torre, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2016

Thankyou very much for your kind and brief opinion. I hope you found Catalonia a nice and pleasant country, and enjoyed your short visit.
Best wishes,

Reviewed July 20, 2016

We visited this hotel unexpectedly, having booked last minute flights to Barcelona and discovered that rooms in the city were desperately expensive for this particular weekend, so casting the net further afield we found Hotel Moli. Tucked away just beyond a small town, set in lovely rural landscape. Large overhanging roof to shelter the dining terrace. Meals served outside and all are excellent: local style and fresh. Not a huge range of choices available but absolutely no need because everything on offer is delicious and plentiful. House wines are smooth. Breakfasts are ample and just gorgeous with fruit / meat / cheese / pastries as required. Carles is the owner and does most of the front of house work, including cooking. He speaks English , Italian and French and is a proud Catalunian. We arrived late and he met us at midnight with a generous offer of a light supper and wine, which was just what we needed after Easy Jet and a drive from the airport. The rooms are airy and comfortable with plenty of space and well lined curtains to keep out the sunlight. The building is a sensitively converted water mill, with much of the machinery and exposed stone work retained. Our stay was relaxing and a real treat: would definitely return and look forward to doing so! Have just read Cathy's review and I agree with all that she says. Thank you so much Carles for your energy and enthusiasm and for making us so welcome!

Room tip: 13 rooms and all must have a view, but some over front and some over mill pond and number 4 is on the end with a view over stream valley.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jenc526
Carles B, Propietario at Hotel Moli de la Torre, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2016

uff!!!!
Don't know what to say. I've become red after such a gorgeous review!
Many, many, many thanks!